Make seals => strikes

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Devs complain to us about never using different seals. Problem is for us to switch and use another seal we lose 3s on GCDs.
Get rid of the seal system altogether. It's archiac and useless. I don't think anyone would be sad to see it go.
Make Censure and Burden of Guilt baseline for Rets.

Vengeful Blow 3HP = Replaces Templar's Verdict. Refreshes Inquisition. Hardest hitter.
Righteous Blow 2HP = Replaces Seal of Righteousness. AOE Strike but hits alot harder then righteous.
Zealous Blow 2HP= Replaces Seal of Insight = Converts 75% of dmg = healing. Healing your teammates for 30% of dmg. (tune accordingly)
Vindictive Blow 2HP = Replaces Seal of Justice = Places a stacking Mana Dot on healings that sucks their mana.
Thunderous Blow 5hp = Knocks the target 20yards away from the paladin with knockdown effect.

They want us to use more then one offensive ability. There you go. Get rid of seals. Let us use our offensive abilities in a more creative and situational way. No other melee has to switch a 'stance' and swing to use abilities more creatively and effectively (maybe feral but they have no GCD - cyclone, cyclone, cyclone).

Look I'm not sure about how to tune this but the idea is sound. You want us to use seals...make it easy for us and make then one shot abilities like every other class. This will also help us mix it up when our big guns are down.

Work in progress, I'm open to constructive criticism but if you're going to hate...just go elsewhere.

That sort of remind of the old short duration seals we had and having to unleash them with Judgement...no?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard is complaining that Paladins never switch Seals? Then why the bloody hell, may I ask, did they take away Sealweaving?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Originally it was seals & judgments. I think seals should have been scrapped and judgements kept.

Originally it was crusader strike and holy strike. Seals and judgements were put in 1-2 weeks before launch.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/23/2013 05:49 AMPosted by Yosho
The seal system was meant for seal+judgment which has been given to shammy, I don't see much point in seals anymore. The current seals are just like what auras used to be, but only affects us, I would rather have them become strikes similar to whats stated. If not then blizzard should make seals effect our judgment again, and some other attacks we have.

I sort of agree here.

The tier 2 stun proc on judgement makes seal of justice redundant imo.

Here's a thought...

Why not keep the seals as they are, but by buffing a seal it changes the effects of how judgement works? like it used too pre-wrath???
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Dagum
The seal system was meant for seal+judgment which has been given to shammy, I don't see much point in seals anymore. The current seals are just like what auras used to be, but only affects us, I would rather have them become strikes similar to whats stated. If not then blizzard should make seals effect our judgment again, and some other attacks we have.

I sort of agree here.

Here's a thought...

Why not keep the seals as they are, but by buffing a seal it changes the effects of how judgement works? like it used too pre-wrath???

But that would actually make Paladins fun again. Can't have that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ret just doesnt feel like ret anymore, all the uniqueness in the game has left because of QQers, everything had to become "balanced", i personally loved the seal system in BC. Was interesting, ret's not nearly as interesting as it used to be sadly, was such a unique class for WoW and it just died more every Exp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/27/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Arcilles

I sort of agree here.

Here's a thought...

But that would actually make Paladins fun again. Can't have that.

They're right, that would be too fun and interesting, this game must be made simpler and dumbed down!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i like seals ;D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like my seals. I switch between all three depending on the situation as a tank.

I wish your seal did more for you while you're in Holy spec, though.
Edited by Emberstone on 1/27/2013 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/22/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Corvala
I want my auras back :(

How I miss them
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]