Many players from the Southeast Asia region including Japan, Australia, and New Zealand are having difficulties logging in to the North American servers. Some have been able to log on after using an alternate DNS server
- From the Apple menu, click System Preferences, then click Network.
- If the lock icon in the lower left-hand corner of the window is locked, click the icon to make changes, and when prompted to authenticate, enter your password.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, select Built-In Ethernet, and click Advanced.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, select Airport, and click Advanced.
- Select the DNS tab.
- Click + to replace any listed addresses with, or add, the Google IP addresses at the top of the list:
- For IPv4: 184.108.40.206 and/or 220.127.116.11.
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Click Apply and OK.
- Test that your setup is working correctly; see Testing your new settings below.
- Repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.
Some players are also reporting that these steps can help:
1) Resetting their network
2) Flushing the DNS Cache
3) Changing their password