Ever go to a bad concert?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/25/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Bullettime
It irked the piss out of me. There wasn't even a mosh pit to Feuer Frei!!!!!!!!!! In Berlin, the whole damn floor was.

Eh. Odd American trend lately. People would rather record stuff for youtube. I don't really like to mosh either because I'm small and getting punched in the face ONCE by a drunk woman was enough for me.

Oh right. Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbEMSYDvX58

Again the only downside were the phones. I saw some moshing in the back of the pit after awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VDX5l81mwY

Oh sweet I just found the whole freaking concert. Even better.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Metallica's Summer Sanitarium Tour 2000 @ Candlestick Park, SF.

The good: Powerman 5000, System of a Down, KorN and Metallica.

The bad: Kid Rock! What a complete waste of 2 hours right in the middle of this amazing concert. It sounded like complete crap and he made sure to make the point that he can "kind of" play every instrument on stage...yes even scratching vinyl. But just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, enter the 10 year old chubby kid he had out on stage just running back and forth throwing F-bombs over and over.

I'm just glad KorN and Metallica were able to wash that nasty taste away!
Edited by Rhyanna on 1/25/2013 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/25/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Rhyanna

Duuuuuuuuuude Powerman 5000? I am jealous. How are they live?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Duuuuuuuuuude Powerman 5000? I am jealous. How are they live?

They sound pretty average live but their show is usually pretty awesome. Seen them a couple times (mainly because they play where I work every so often and free tickets are win.)
Edited by Bullettime on 1/25/2013 6:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/25/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Bullettime
They sound pretty average live but their show is usually pretty awesome. Seen them a couple times (mainly because they play where I work every so often and free tickets are win.)

Sadly most concerts tend to just have their sound set up way too freaking loud. I mean where you can't understand a thing. That's how it was with Combichrist when I saw them. They were so loud I couldn't understand the songs unless the singer swore. Thankfully they have a ton of swears in their song. I think that's what made me look into them later on itunes.

I figured Powerman would be more flashy since their videos tend to be fun to watch.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Sadly most concerts tend to just have their sound set up way too freaking loud. I mean where you can't understand a thing. That's how it was with Combichrist when I saw them. They were so loud I couldn't understand the songs unless the singer swore. Thankfully they have a ton of swears in their song. I think that's what made me look into them later on itunes.

I figured Powerman would be more flashy since their videos tend to be fun to watch.

Oh they are. Lots of special effects/lighting and stuff. They sounded ok but the show more than made up for it. It's like a Rob Zombie show except sci-fi/space themed instead of horror.

And yeah I agree. I actually lost a slight bit of hearing in my right ear from a Combichrist headlined show because of how loud their stuff was. Aesthetic Perfection and Julien-K who were on before them were like the perfect volume (like you hear at an NIN concert) but Combichrist turned it up a bit too much.
Edited by Bullettime on 1/25/2013 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
And yeah I agree. I actually lost a slight bit of hearing in my right ear from a Combichrist headlined show because of how loud their stuff was. Aesthetic Perfection and Julien-K who were on before them were like the perfect volume (like you hear at an NIN concert) but Combichrist turned it up a bit too much.

One of rammsteins explosions during the beginning of Sehnsucht knocked one of my ears out for the rest of the show. We were by the side so we got hit with the sound harder.

I think Judas Priest goofed up my ears too just because of Robs screaming. It was awesome though considering his age.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
01/25/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Rosenivy

One of rammsteins explosions during the beginning of Sehnsucht knocked one of my ears out for the rest of the show. We were by the side so we got hit with the sound harder.

I think Judas Priest goofed up my ears too just because of Robs screaming. It was awesome though considering his age.

I saw them not overly long ago as well. My mind was blown at how good he still sounded at his age. But yeah, with ya there lol. I couldn't hear !@#$ for like 2 days after that one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/25/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Bullettime
I saw them not overly long ago as well. My mind was blown at how good he still sounded at his age. But yeah, with ya there lol. I couldn't hear !@#$ for like 2 days after that one.

Pity the Judas Priest concert had a bad audience. I was off to the side so people would sneak in and just stand right the heck in front of me to avoid security. I had to look up at the screen they had to see the band.

I got pretty good at chucking ice cubes at people though because of that. They'd always look around all "what the hell? we're only just standing in front of people whats the big deal?"

Still. I hate how pointlessly greedy and stupid people are sometimes at a concert. Only caring about what they see and not bothering to care about anyone else. Gives me a knot in my stomach.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
01/25/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Pity the Judas Priest concert had a bad audience. I was off to the side so people would sneak in and just stand right the heck in front of me to avoid security. I had to look up at the screen they had to see the band.

I got pretty good at chucking ice cubes at people though because of that. They'd always look around all "what the hell? we're only just standing in front of people whats the big deal?"

Still. I hate how pointlessly greedy and stupid people are sometimes at a concert. Only caring about what they see and not bothering to care about anyone else. Gives me a knot in my stomach.

I always try to be nice when I'm on the floor and let the smaller people like yourself (no offense intended there) move in front of me. I'm 6'5 and don't want to ruin some 5'1 girl's concert >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/25/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Bullettime
I always try to be nice when I'm on the floor and let the smaller people like yourself (no offense intended there) move in front of me. I'm 6'5 and don't want to ruin some 5'1 girl's concert >.>

Appreciate it. The last guy who did this to me should've been glad there was a trash can in front of me. Would've just kicked him in the gonads hard. I almost pushed his stupid girlfriend out of my way but I didn't want to get punched ( again ) Also I was very winded by then because of the cramped hot air.

Not like I can do much of a push with these twiggy arms.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Firm believer in "concert etiquette."

Leave the drugs at home (I'm straight edge anyways.) Giving a contact buzz to someone who doesn't do drugs is just bad taste.

Shift around to let some of the smaller people in front of you. People paid to see a concert so acting like a big wall in front of them will ruin their show.

When moshing, shove, jump, and hit all you want but don't touch the face. Don't need someone explaining an accidental black eye or broken nose to their employer the next day.

Unfortunately, many complete douchebags break all 3. Why I enjoy working night shift when I get to act as extra security and throw those idiots out who break 1 and 3. Sweet satisfaction.
Edited by Bullettime on 1/26/2013 12:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/26/2013 12:40 AMPosted by Bullettime
When moshing, shove, jump, and hit all you want but don't touch the face. Don't need someone explaining an accidental black eye or broken nose to their employer the next day.

Considering the bunch of girls I see crying from accidentally getting punched in the face a lot of people break that rule. Wasn't just me, this happened the last time I went to that theater.

At least this girl was drunk I'm sure most of the pain was numbed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The only bad concert I can remember seeing recently was Guns n Replacements here in Seattle.

Let me start by saying that I'm a stagehand so I see a lot of live shows and concerts because it's my job to be there. One universal truth is that the more fun the people on stage are having, the more fun the audience will have with them. It's totally a give and take energy thing. And when you have miserable people on stage, the crowd can feel it and they're miserable too.

I swear to god the band looked like they were being held hostage and forced to play against their will. They did not seem to be enjoying themselves AT ALL. And Axl was being Axl. Leaving the stage at random because you saw someone backstage (news flash, people work backstage) doesn't make your concert fun. It makes it suck. Because the band is kind of randomly jamming in fear of whatever just to cover for you until you get back.

People were actually getting up and leaving during the concert. It was that lame.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
...the Newport in Columbus...

Ahh, memories.

Last I was there was...quite a while ago. Blue Oyster Cult was doing an Underbelly tour and I had to go. I recall they were breaking in a new drummer. They were fine. The opener, now...not so much.

I think it was a local "act" called Why on Earth--which is what most of the audience was thinking after about 10 minutes. Why on earth am I listening to this crap? Why indeed. Once they were booed off the stage, things improved considerably.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I do believe I have most beat. My first concert ever was Vanilla Ice, go ahead and get the hating out of the way, I was really into his music 20 years ago.

Anyway, the venue was small which was kinda cool, but the sound system sucked (remember it clearly to this day, sound so distorted you couldn't hear vocals or anything but BOOM BOOM BOOM) and it was very clear that just about everything being performed was pre-recorded and not performed live.

But the kicker was when he threw his sweaty towel out into the audience, and it landed on my shoulder. And yes, that thing was soaked.

I nearly barfed, peeled it off my shoulder and turned to my friend next to me who was going apesh.... crazy over the towel, and handed it over.

I got to see UB40 at the same tiny venue though, about a year later. THAT concert was freakin' awesome.
Edited by Breakbeat on 1/28/2013 3:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I've walked out on Built to Spill once or twice. Walked out on Les Claypool and his "Bucket of Bernie Brains".

01/24/2013 06:31 AMPosted by Taltonestri
Kool Keith was pretty terrible when I saw him in Philly. Basically a moody little snot, kept everyone waiting forever before he came out, then only did a couple songs before deciding the crowd wasn't into it enough for him and walked off.

That sounds like Kool Keith. I saw him years ago (during his "Black Elvis" phase). Came on stage about two hours late and started throwing fried chicken at the audience. When people started throwing the chicken back, he screamed "This is good @#% fried chicken! I bought this @#% chicken for you!"
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
01/28/2013 03:17 AMPosted by Breakbeat
My first concert ever was Vanilla Ice, go ahead and get the hating out of the way, I was really into his music 20 years ago.

Why should we hate? 20 years ago, it was still ok to like Vanilla Ice.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Why should we hate? 20 years ago, it was still ok to like Vanilla Ice.

No it wasn't.

But it was 20 years ago, and I can't work up the energy to really properly rag on him. I mean, it was 20 years ago. We'll assume he learned his lesson and won't repeat this egregious error in judgement.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Haven't had any bad shows yet. Saw bomb the music industry about a month ago in tampa FL, by far the best show i've seen yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]