Why ret?

90 Human Paladin
Because im not playing this class/spec purely for numbers, min/maxing abilities, or playing flavor of the month best classes. I play because i wanted to be a (or at least pretend to be) the paladin from warcraft 3. A plated holy !@# kicker. If i wanted to play a fury juggernaught of destruction ied play a warrior. If i wanted to be one of Arthas' former lackeys, ied be a DK, and if i wanted to heal, ied playa priest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
B/c its fun.

I honestly fell into ret after tanking since bc. I just dont feel like tanking this xpac, but i enjoy my pally. So i picked up ret.

I have other 90s and am working on another but i always come back to this toon.

In raids we rock. Great utility and pretty good dps. A well timed sh fol or loh can save the raid and devo aura can make aoe dmg much more manageable for heals

In pvp, my issue appears to be getting addressed in 5.2. Our healing is bs now hopefully 5.2 will be a solid buff. As long as it makes "train the ret" no longer the go-to strat in arena ill be happy.

Right now, unless i run with heals, i spend the whole match los'ing and running like hell casting fol/wog. My basic strat is just live long enough for my partner to get a kill and weaken the other enemy enough so when i die (which is almost guaranteed) my partner can easily 1v1 the guy. My hope is the healing buff will have me an edge and allow me to live through dmg with enough hp to be dangerous once first enemy drops. We shall see.
Edited by Icandygriz on 1/30/2013 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
I play my ret paladin over my frost DK cause everytime I log onto my DK my guild bugs me to run heroics or scenarios with them. zzzzz
Reply Quote
31 Human Paladin
Why do people go to art school? Why do people eat fast food? Because Liking something > Doing something useful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because its fun .
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
From pvp ret perspective
originally, through a haze of (now legal) herb smoke I thought a Belf pally would be original... it wasnt...

After I learned keybinds, pallys became more attractive because of their ability to both kill effectively as well as keep an ally alive.. a clutch bubble, HoF or crit heal on an ally being focused is as satisfying as a kill in a BG... I hope things return to that soon.
Edited by Eldry on 1/31/2013 12:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]