Is 10% Enough To Fix Resto Druids In 5.2?

90 Night Elf Druid
01/30/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Jooki
Healer balance looked pretty good on raid bots (except monks) before the 5.1 patch.

On 10s, maybe. But 25s is a different story.

01/30/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Fangthorn
I am worried about 10-man balance though. We are stronger there, and we have always been a bit more optimized for it. Our swiftmend scales better, mushrooms scale better, our tank healing abilities (while simultaneously raid healing) have always been really nice in 10-mans. Pretty much everything we have is better fit for 10-mans. I was hoping they would have buffed us in ways that apply to larger raid formats, such as WG, but that is not that easy to do.

This is also a valid concern, but there are ways that Blizzard could help us out in 25s without messing things up in 10s. WM radius, maybe a larger hit cap on WG, more targets for Swiftmend...I dunno.

01/30/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Fleurs
He raids on 2 toons at the same time. No biggie.

As I said, I'm guessing it's a friend's or SO's account that they raid on, but you use to post. Not sure though - and maybe you shouldn't claim that people are your alts when they aren't?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/30/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Taymage

Nope. Sensations said in the other thread that Fleurs was his alt.

They are *not* the same person. Look at the logs like Tiberria suggested, or maybe even one of the videos of their kills. They are *both* in the raid at the same time. Jeez.

This. Are you people really that stupid?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/30/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Shammyren

Being in the same guild makes you the same person. Didn't you hear?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/30/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Icecreamsoup

Apparently so
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/30/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Icecreamsoup

If Tay and I are the same person, we've got a serious case of multiple personality disorder.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
If Tay and I are the same person, we've got a serious case of multiple personality disorder.

Ahem.

Elethia
Intrigue
Woaden
Tailias
Kerias
Ethrundil

You know nothing of serious, my friend.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/30/2013 11:52 PMPosted by Elethia

Ahem.

Elethia
Intrigue
Woaden
Tailias
Kerias
Ethrundil

You know nothing of serious, my friend.

At least you have an interesting naming convention. Some of us (I'm not saying who, ok?) are imagination-challenged, and have, for example, two mages named Taymage and every other toon name starting with "Tay".
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Pretty sure this thread has run its course, but in the future I am just going to rate off-topic posts as trolling and I suggest others do the same.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/30/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Merìdian
Healer balance looked pretty good on raid bots (except monks) before the 5.1 patch.

On 10s, maybe. But 25s is a different story.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25H/all/14/90/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

I was looking at that graph when I said that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/31/2013 01:28 AMPosted by Halfatree
Pretty sure this thread has run its course, but in the future I am just going to rate off-topic posts as trolling and I suggest others do the same.

This thread, or a thread just like it will pop up before you know, and the same discussion will start anew. Complete with "druids are fine, l2p", "lol @ your progression", "quit trolling", "why do you hate druids?", and just about every other fine comment this thread has had to offer.

Thanks for trying to offer insight and decent feedback, but people tend to ignore reasonable posts so they can argue with one another instead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/30/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Fangthorn
But yeh, in the PTR I have responded a couple times that the changes did nothing to make them less clunky. Which is what most people complained about...

That was one of my main concerns as well. While they'll certainly heal for more, having to premeditate them ahead of time may be a pain in the keister. Then again, I have no idea how the new tier will be. Also wondering if they're worth using when they're not propped up by overheals if you need to use them on the fly.

01/30/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Fangthorn
I actually proposed the reverse, I think they should start large and shrink over time, but the final radius should be larger than it is currently, say 8 yards.

I actually like this idea. It would certainly add some flair to playstyle.
Reply Quote
I don't have much to add to the thread other than to say Fangthorn is !@#$ing awesome. I'm hoping 5.2 won't be as dark as the last tier.... or the tier before that. It sucks being awful for two tiers in a row.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I think this is an avid example of 'bring the player, not the class.' - Resto druid's aren't hurting at all. Atleast, they definitely won't be come 5.2.

(Before 5.2)

Benefits
* Strong ticking heal on tanks.
* Rejuvenation can be strong if used correctly.
* Swiftmend if you get lucky can be awesome.
* Wild Growth heals for a decent amount.

Cons
* Inefficient raid wide healing during abilities such as [Rain of Blades].
* Balance between throughput in mana regeneration can be difficult.
* Definitely don't have any preemptive healing abilities for large AOE situations besides Rejuvenation.

(Come 5.2)

Benefits
* 10% static healing buff.
* Mushrooms will consume 75% of rejuv, making them larger, and much more useful / viable for AOE situations.

Cons
* Still mana issues as far as the balance between throughput and mana regeneration.

If you think that resto druids aren't strong this patch - let's take a look at every 10 man heroic world of log top ranking 10 players. Almost every fight besides spirit kings, lei shi, and garalon has disc priests in the top 10. If you have a disc priest in the raid, you LOSE healing. Your job is to heal up damage done, not to prevent it. Making you less viable, but still bringing strong CD's such as Incarnation, and tranquility. Assuming you 2 heal with a resto shaman, or a holy paladin / mw - you won't be hurting. There is still plenty to heal.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Druid
Lillèth:

This pathetic idea that its Disc priests stealing heals that are the only resto druid problem is far from the real core of the problem.

Its not about Recount HPS, but QoL issues.

We need Clearcasting to stack atlast to 2 or 3, because right now our only mana management outside of the crap innervate of MoP, is clearcasting, and it only working on single target, low HP/M, heals is pathetic, and without it being able to stack, you feel forced to use it as fast as possible, or you will be wasting new procs. Maybe also increasing the time a little can help with the fact that most of the procs are used just to restart lifebloom timer, because there is nothing to heal at that moment...

Mushrooms are now completly OVERPOWERED in a situation like Ultraxion, Pathwork, etc... were we can predict were the raid will be the entire fight, and place the mushrooms correctly, and completly USELESS on fights we need to move or to spread.
Both Paladins ans Priests can deal with aoe healing when the raid is spread, and dont start with raid hotting, because its HPS is pathetic, and its mana efficiency is lower then other healers ways to deal with it.

Wild growth was our answer to it, but right now it heals for so low that it will never save someone , or really heal any significant amount of damage, its just something to top people HP when there is no more damage happening with a lower cost then reju spam.

Dont start implying that Tree of Life or Tranquility is that great because they ARE NOT!
Tranquility is worse then Healing Tide, healing the same but being channeled, wile ToL is way weaker then ascedence or other healers CD`s.

To the uninformed people, instant Regrowths have almost the same HPS then normal ones because regrowth cast time is already 1.5sec. It only enables it to work wile on the move.
Lifebloom blanketing the raid with 1.5sec GCD, and the amount of damage that happens on heroics nowdays is useless, its only possible to save mana in normals, not something you will do to really heal the raid...

Right now we are the only healers that NEED to gem EVERYTHING in Spirit, and that still suffers with mana issues with over 11k spirit unbuffed in Heroics.
If you are not having mana problems, is because you are not doing all the HPS you can simple as that.

Even the top HPS a druid can produce is a joke compared to a Paladin or a Disc Priest right now.

So in the end, we need some more small tweaks.

- Make Clearcasting stack up to 2.

- Also Make Clearcasting works with Wild Growth, because there are times were we cant use single target heals because there is too much aoe damage on the raid.

- Make WM:B area 30% bigger, make it only 1 Mushroom placed at a time, nerf the cap of reju overheals to 50% of the HP from 100% that is on ptr, nerf the placement GCD to 1.5sec, and make a new mushroom placement that despawns an old one retain 50% of the stored amount.

- Reduce the Hot time and CD from wildgrowth by 2 sec.
Or increase by 40% the healing of Wildgrowth on targets affected by your Rejuvenation effect.

- Change Wildgrowth glyph to increase the number of targets healed by 5, but instead of changing the CD, make it cost 100% more mana, and heals for 40% less each target.
(Making it a situational glyph, not a mandatory one, and also making WG better for 25-man)
Edited by Sàtàn on 2/15/2013 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm not completely disagreeing, but I am saying...

Disc Priest : Absorbing and Preventing Damage

Resto Druid : Stabilization

/Endrant
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
02/15/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Sàtàn
If you are not having mana problems, is because you are not doing all the HPS you can simple as that

Lookie here, I'm Satan and I like to post things that make my opinions facts.

I guess all priests are not doing all the HPS they can because they don't spam PW:S. Mmmmmm.

02/15/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Sàtàn
Change Wildgrowth glyph to increase the number of targets healed by 5, but instead of changing the CD, make it cost 100% more mana, and heals for 40% less each target.

This also sounds horrific.
Edited by Fleurs on 2/15/2013 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Why do people necro a thread and respond to posters that may very well be gonzo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]