Is 10% Enough To Fix Resto Druids In 5.2?

90 Worgen Druid
I didn't have any issues healing before, I can't waiting for the changes though. The 10% + Shrooms should be fun to mess around with. I can't wait!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is what I don't think I could ever figure out about the "WoW Community" - this desire to measure yourself against people who you don't need to be measured against.

When in a raid, what matters is that the boss dies before the enrage timer. If the healers chosen for that raid succeed in keeping those alive who assist with that goal, the healers did just fine.

So why bother balancing anything? Why don't we just leave rogues 50% higher dps than anyone else and make druids heal for 50% less? Bosses will still die, so why care?

But for current PUG content, no group is going to say "Sorry Druid, but we hear that <insert class> is slightly better than your class."

So?

Should anyone looking to get into progression content just say "lol, well guess I chose the wrong class at the selection screen. See you next expansion!" ?

01/28/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Sensations
See they operate under a hivemind mentality. You're either with them or against them, even if the Data they're using can't be used in the manner if you point that out you're against them.

See - this is the kind of stuff that makes people think you are trolling. This whole dismissive "if you don't agree with me you are just going along with the rest of the wrong sheep being wrong" bullcrap.

I haven't seen a SINGLE argument out of you why Resto are fine. What is the utility or other stuff they have that justifies their throughput being 30% lower than other classes? Where is YOUR maths?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
See - this is the kind of stuff that makes people think you are trolling. This whole dismissive "if you don't agree with me you are just going along with the rest of the wrong sheep being wrong" bullcrap.

I haven't seen a SINGLE argument out of you why Resto are fine. What is the utility or other stuff they have that justifies their throughput being 30% lower than other classes? Where is YOUR maths?

I'm sorry, where is yours saying 30% lower. Last I checked it's only when you compare them to Disc which is an outlier who you don't compare against.

Ps. fleurs is my alt
Edited by Sensations on 1/28/2013 6:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Still waiting for you to tell me *why* druids are fine.

Also - why are you posting on your alt in this thread as well as your main?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

Edit: Sec I'll post my response on it.
Edited by Sensations on 1/28/2013 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

Druids aren't bad. They're not the best, but they're not terrible. They can make do just fine with their current tools and complete any raid scenario, while also being put under the pressure of having to use less healers.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Could you be any more vague and subjective? ...."they are not bad"... "they are not the best, but they are not terrible".. "they can make do just fine".... "they can complete any raid scenario"..... like really..

Your definition of "bad" and "fine" is not the same as another persons. As for finishing content or being viable in small numbers, no one is arguing that.... it is a total straw-man. Anyway, just because we exist and are not totally abandoned, and have completed encounters, is also not proof of balance...

What we DO KNOW, and what people are discussing, is that druids are currently the weakest 25-man healer, are the least sought after healer, and least utilized healer this expansion. These are facts, interpreting these facts as being worthy of the label "bad" or "fine" is up to you. But it would appear that you and Sensations are in the clear minority on your interpretations..
Edited by Fangthorn on 1/28/2013 7:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
here is the maths for sensations and fleurs, If druids were fine and balanced why is blizz taking the time to give them such a big buff at all?

ALSO, I POSTED THIS POINT EARLIER, AND THEY BOTH IGNORED IT.

Fleurs, Sensations,

Are you game designers?

NO

Do game designers buff classes that are already balanced?

NO

then please S.T.F.U

kthnxbai

That proves nothing, the fact you think it does is completely laughable and I am laughing at you. We are posters on this forum, this forum is not to speak with developers but other players. If you want an echo chamber where everyone is going to cuddle you and say don't worry the buffs are coming, go to the Druid forums.

Ps. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mathematics
Edited by Sensations on 1/28/2013 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

NO

Um.....You must have missed when they buffed mages when they were already one of the strongest dps specs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Could you be any more vague and subjective? ...."they are not bad"... "they are not the best, but they are not terrible".. "they can make do just fine".... "they can complete any raid scenario"..... like really..

Your definition of "bad" and "fine" is not the same as another persons. As for finishing content or being viable in small numbers, no one is arguing that.... it is a total straw-man. Anyway, just because we exist and are not totally abandoned, and have completed encounters, is also not proof of balance...

What we DO KNOW, and what people are discussing, is that druids are currently the weakest 25-man healer, are the least sought after healer, and least utilized healer this expansion. These are facts, interpreting these facts as being worthy of the label "bad" or "fine" is up to you. But it would appear that you and Sensations are in the clear minority on your interpretations..

I don't use the terms "weak", "bad", or "fine" so easily like you and many of the other people in this forum do, because when you say "weak" it implies we are unable to perform to the levels we need to in order to complete the scenario. I find that we do need changes, of which we are going to get to see, but I never once thought we were in a bad spot. We could be better, but it's not due to a weakness. It's due to bad design.

When I look at the large spectrum of healers there are now, I would have to say we (aside from disc right this moment) have never been so equal in terms of balance in an extremely long time. You can pretty much take any healer and be OK. But if you tried to heal Reliquary of Souls in BT without a holy priest, you could be screwed.

So, excuse me for seeing the reality of the situation. Just because we are last in 25m on the healing meters doesn't mean we're "weak" or "bad" like so many people are assuming. It's because of people like you who reinforce others to believe that we're "dead last" and the "weakest healer". No one has argued against you, saying that resto needs changes for the better. No one. Yet you think it's Sensations' personal vendetta against all rdruids that post in these forums (who are posting ridiculous information to base their argument off of) to set them in their place.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
01/28/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Barthom
Again, I will ask you (hoping you will give a direct response instead of digressing into nonsense) why would developers give druids such a strong buff if there was no need for it, because you are claiming they are fine or balanced, thus not needing any buffs.

01/28/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Viena
Um.....You must have missed when they buffed mages when they were already one of the strongest dps specs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
01/28/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Barthom

So you are saying that this buff to druids is a mistake? You think druids an outlier?

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/twist+words
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

I must have as i had a mage since vanilla and I remember way more nerfs than buffs over the entirety of wow. I remember how they took the arcane buff away from arcane missiles so you couldn't stack the buff then fire missiles for bonus damage (which was great synergy in rotation), if that wasn't a nerf to you than please stop talking about mages. I remember how they gave arcane mages the worst mastery ever. They did buff mages at one point but they noted it was a mistake and hastily fixed it. That was an accident, I would hardly call their buff to druids an accident.

...Okay and never throughout any of these "nerfs" has a mage been considered "bad". I can't account for even one instance (I started in BC) that mages were in a bad place. Mages are a favorite. So... If you find it otherwise then I guess your lack of understanding that concept can directly coincide with your lack of experience and knowledge of the current expac. And that tells me that you are pretty uninformed of how the druid class is doing at the moment. So from here on out, your word to me holds little weight. Maybe you should level that level 85 druid up to 90 before you start making comments.

kthxbai
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Are you game designers?

NO

NO

Out of curiosity, may I ask what qualifies you to make assumptions about a person's profession?

What qualifies you to assert that game designers never buff (or nerf, for that matter) classes that are balanced? Do you think game designers are without fault and never make mistakes when it comes to nerfs/buffs?

I'd also like to point out that fine tends to fall under two categories on the forums:

a) Mediocrity. The class isn't doing wonderfully, but it's not doing terribly. Changes would be nice, but also aren't necessarily [strictly] needed (ie: the class is not entirely undesirable).

b) Balanced. The class needs no changes.

Right now, Resto Druids probably fall under the former category. They aren't broken, and they're definitely still worth bringing to both 10 and 25 man raids. They aren't in a great spot, of course, so changes are welcome.

People who consistently return to Raidbots as their reference point often misuse the tool and come to very flawed conclusions. There's also the problem with trying to measure the strength of a healer purely through its numbers, especially when disregarding the context of those numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
It's because of people like you who reinforce others to believe that we're "dead last" and the "weakest healer"..

OK, now its my fault. You got me, I caused druids to not be on top guild rosters, and to be absent from 11/16 WF kills. I caused druids to have the lowest throughput of any class this tier. I caused druids to decline in numbers to the lowest I have ever seen. It's all me..

And please show me what "ridiculous" information I posted. Have you taken Sensations course in statistics, where raw data and averages are now effected by "sample bias" ... LOL ... and 20,000 data points are a "miniscule sample size"? Or are you just blindly defending a guildy?
Edited by Fangthorn on 1/28/2013 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]