Enhance Vs. Hunter

90 Tauren Shaman
This is the class im having THE most trouble with.

Everyone i talk to says that they are fine right now and with the stampede fix its not that bad.

I just cant seem to do anything to them.

Scatter-> Narrow Escape -> Damage me -> Get to him -> Deterence -> Disengage

More damage -> Readiness -> Scatter -> Narrow Escape -> Spirit walk to get to him -> Stampede -> Deterence and by this point im almost dead anyway.

Obviously im dropping totems, healing if i have stacks, Sham rage during the burst. But this is just a general overview of EVERY hunter encounter i have.

Their CDs seem short as !@#$ and i cant lay a finger on them. If i do just run in and blow my CDS they Deterence right off the start and then begin the CC chain.

Any help/advice or is it futile?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
stampede is 5 minutes reset by readiness.

if you're ALWAYS getting stampeded you must have really bad luck.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i have a hunter that i use in pvp mostly. what i see from the forums is that almost every class struggles with hunters. this is OUTSIDE of supported coordinated pvp. in supported coordinated pvp hunters are very manageable, but in unsupported disorganized pvp if the hunter has his cds then you are in for a bad time.

i am not saying this is good or bad... just pretty much the way it is. on my hunter i don't blow stamp when i don't have to, but many hunters LOVE to use it the second it is up... AND given that it is reset by readiness then it IS up more like TWICE in every five minutes or once every 2.5 minutes.

if you are threatening to a hunter then YES you will be "always" getting stamp thrown on you.

when i play on my frost dk the hunters are "always" throwing stamp on me... they often do it to me as well on my druid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
what i don't understand about what the OP is saying though is how they have "narrow escape" and "disengage" as two different cds.

op says, "Scatter-> Narrow Escape -> Damage me -> Get to him -> Deterence -> Disengage". the only way this can happen is if the "damage me" means it takes you 20 seconds to "get to him". what does he do to keep you from getting to him for 20 seconds to he can deterrence and disengage again?

you have the frost shock root right? you have sprint right? you have that stun pet bash thing? you have stun totem?

do you mean "masters call" instead of "narrow escape"?
Reply Quote

Stampede does not get reset by Readiness.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Stampede does not get reset by Readiness.

Are you maining your shaman again yet?

Also, enchant your mainhand. :(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Well if your popping off your cd's right off and your not killing him your pretty much screwed.
When it comes to pvp Enhancement or even Elemental Shamans pretty much are at the bottom of the totem poll so to speak.
We are alot squishier since Mop came out, we have really no survival rate since Cata anymore and with all the cc's that almost every other class got and the pets you really don't have much a chance to defend yourself sure you have a few lame slows movement cd's you can use or wait you have the not so awesome Capacitor Totem you can drop but plz wait 5 secs after you drop it for it to work but really by then your already dead.The only thing i can tell you is stick pve until blizzard fixes what they have done to Enhance shamans were pretty much worthless in PVP other than dying alot thats all we got sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I would recommend dropping Frozen power in your teir 2 talents and picking up windwalk totem which will cancel the webbing effect and immunity from 2 daze shots (daze shot is on a 5 second CD and lasts for 4 seconds whereas the windwalk totem lasts for 8 seconds). If you're still being kited and you may have the unleash fury talent in your final tier, elemental blast can be a another ranged attack for you when you're not up in their face (EB will also proc off of MW).

Also in tier 1 i would rather (imo) take Astral shift than Nature's Guardian for another 40% dmg reduction CD (can be cast while stunned/silenced) and is off the Global CD.
Edited by Shawque on 1/25/2013 11:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Dks should get army insta cast in arenas if hunters can use that op spell.
Reply Quote

Are you maining your shaman again yet?

That is the plan. Still doing the gear catch up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

you have the frost shock root right? you have sprint right? you have that stun pet bash thing? you have stun totem?

Sadly we got no pet stun no more :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
yea best option is to match each of the hunters cd's accordingly.

trink the stun imo, pop totems(capacitator first), pop wolves, any buffs+ascendance.

hopefully ascendance will proc maelstrom weapon fairly quickly(usually does) at which point maybe hex the hunter to mitigate some more damage while you do what you can to control his zoo while closing the gap with your speed boosters.

if you make it that far you have a fair chance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]