Killing Boars : Conquest Gear Removal

90 Human Death Knight
I've just finished killing 65,340,285 boars in Elwynn guys! Now can I play the game?
What's that? I have to grind out 27,000 conquest points now? ):
How Do I kill that which has no life?

Do blizzard developers not PvP? Like at all?
The pvp mind set is you spend a ridiculous amount of time wasted grinding out gear, once you complete your PvP set then you let out a sigh, because now that the work is over you can actually play the game (by play the game I mean do arenas).

If we never finish getting geared or it takes too long, we will no longer be able to do the part of the game we enjoy, which is arenas. I think by the declining arena participation this would be obvious, but I guess not so I'm spelling it out for you. If we can't get to the part we enjoy, we will no longer pay for the game.

Get rid of this atrocious conquest system.

You added PVP power to the game. PvE gear is no longer viable for PvP
Get rid of conquest gear and just have an honor set of gear and weapons only each season.

Use the conquest points and achievements for
  • transmog rewards
  • mounts
  • vanity/battle pets
  • tabards
  • heirlooms
  • brawlers guild passes
  • hardened shell
  • vanity items (things that turn you into other races, into statues, barrels of liquor[Drinking gives you the flavor buff "increases pvp skill+1!!"])
  • gems with resil/pvp power (so the poor pvprs that have no gold could actually get gems)
  • pvp enchants (because we have no way to make gold in pvp)

I'm sick and tired of grinding out gear. Either remove conquest gear, or remove pvp power, since the population has been lead to believe that it was implemented in order to make PvE gear non viable, Then we get this lame !@# excuse that we need 4 tiers of PvP gear so that Heroic raiding gear doesn't become better for pvp? That's Garbage. The PvP power on the Honor Weapons alone trounces an the damage increase from an entire set of heroic raiding gear, much less the rest of the pvp set. There is ZERO JUSTIFICATION for having so many sets of pvp gear, outside of flawed logic that we will quit logging in if we don't have gear to farm.

We would like to get geared in under 1 week on our characters so we can spend the rest of entire season mindlessly killing our fellow WoW players on the Arena ladders. Having our full set of Best in Slot PvP gear, will not cause us to stop logging in to the game. That phenomenon only exist in pve. On the contrary the idea that we will never complete my pvp gear and that we will have to constantly work on it has us on the brink of quitting wow entirely.

I mean seriously, Try the Honor gear only set up for ONE SEASON. Watch the arena participation SKYROCKET, because people will have no reason not to run a couple bg's to get gear and give it a go.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Priest
You don't grind it. You fight for it. You put your life on the line in the depths of the arena... and you come back a champion and are rewarded greatly!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Self-indulgent suggestions fueled by QQ/trolling.

Lulwut.
Edited by Káin on 1/24/2013 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/24/2013 12:57 AMPosted by Death
You don't grind it. You fight for it. You put your life on the line in the depths of the arena... and you come back a champion and are rewarded greatly!

By fight you mean throw yourself against a pair of RBG win trading tier 2 back peddling hunters in 2s who are going to both pop stampede on what ever idiot you pulled out of trade, and then you are handicapped because their damage output is 50% greater than yours base because of the pvp power because they started win trading RBGs weeks ago and you just started this week and have to grind out conquest to buy your weapon?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Self-indulgent suggestions fueled by QQ/trolling.

Lulwut.

This is in no way a troll thread. Why go through the trouble of adding pvp power so that honor gear would > heroic raiding gear for pvp, then adding 4 tiers of pvp gear to "keep it even with the 4 tiers of pve gear"

It's a lame add, because they think they need to make us keep grinding gear to continue logging in.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/24/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Zanber
By fight you mean throw yourself against a pair of RBG win trading tier 2 back peddling hunters in 2s who are going to both pop stampede on what ever idiot you pulled out of trade, and then you are handicapped because their damage output is 50% greater than yours base because of the pvp power because they started win trading RBGs weeks ago and you just started this week and have to grind out conquest to buy your weapon?

Sounds like you need a break from the game if you get this upset ...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Unfortunately their plan is an infinite treadmill. By the time you get all the gear they release a new tier. Even the difficult ones will get replaced by greens in the next xpac. This is what they have been doing since vanilla. Then you have to level on top.

Personally I'm sick of re-grinding everything as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Unfortunately their plan is an infinite treadmill. By the time you get all the gear they release a new tier. Even the difficult ones will get replaced by greens in the next xpac. This is what they have been doing since vanilla. Then you have to level on top.

Personally I'm sick of re-grinding everything as well.

I know. They could have released the game in vanilla, I'd have gotten all the gear, then still be playing the exact same patch still.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

It's a lame add, because they think they need to make us keep grinding gear to continue logging in.

To be fair, I have seen people specifically say to that extent. That they got bored once they got gear.

I don't personally. I'm happy with trade goods for the most part, but other additions would be welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

To be fair, I have seen people specifically say to that extent. That they got bored once they got gear.

I don't personally. I'm happy with trade goods for the most part, but other additions would be welcome.

If they are doing it to gear farm, point them in the direction of a raid. PvP is about killing players and dynamic-ness, there are plenty of other activities in wow that involve farming gear, but only one that provides you with dynamic combat.
Edited by Zanber on 1/24/2013 1:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Use the conquest points and achievements for
transmog rewards
mounts
vanity/battle pets
tabards
heirlooms
brawlers guild passes
hardened shell
vanity items (things that turn you into other races, into statues, barrels of liquor[Drinking gives you the flavor buff "increases pvp skill+1!!"])
gems with resil/pvp power (so the poor pvprs that have no gold could actually get gems)
pvp enchants (because we have no way to make gold in pvp)

yes.
geargap fixed.
incentives added.

pvp made 1millioontriiiiloooon times better.

if this was put in game I would kiss you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/24/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Grinkleqt
if this was put in game I would kiss you.

Are you female.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
yes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/24/2013 01:45 AMPosted by Grinkleqt
yes.

Cool sounds good. Hope it goes in the game for other reasons as well though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
earn 50k points during the season for the glad mount
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/24/2013 03:46 AMPosted by Tastymug

No, the gladiator mount should stay behind the achievement, that's the entire point of this thread. Useless cosmetic items should be the ONLY reward from pvp. The gear you need to be competitive shouldn't be locked away behind a gate. It should be available right away up front.

I'm not a big car racing fan but I'll use it as an example. Do the newer racing teams have to use old cars from the 70s until they get a few months worth of wins in? No they start out right away using the exact same equipment as the other teams. Why? Because otherwise it's not fair at all and no new teams would bother to compete.
Edited by Zanber on 1/24/2013 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
except that this is an RPG game and gear is one of the easiest and most rewarding ways to deal with character progression.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
01/24/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Zanber

No, the gladiator mount should stay behind the achievement, that's the entire point of this thread. Useless cosmetic items should be the ONLY reward from pvp. The gear you need to be competitive shouldn't be locked away behind a gate. It should be available right away up front.

I'm not a big car racing fan but I'll use it as an example. Do the newer racing teams have to use old cars from the 70s until they get a few months worth of wins in? No they start out right away using the exact same equipment as the other teams. Why? Because otherwise it's not fair at all and no new teams would bother to compete.

you start with a wooden sword in zelda not the masta sword right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/24/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Flay
except that this is an RPG game and gear is one of the easiest and most rewarding ways to deal with character progression.

For an RPG this is true. For an online game, this is not true.
Easiest, definitely. But the easiest path is never most rewarding.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/24/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Tastymug
you start with a wooden sword in zelda not the masta sword right?

And you don't immediately get thrown against ganondorf either.

As you will immediately be fighting ganondorf(gladiators) in BGs and occasionally arenas, you need to have the tools to compete immediately available.

New players are already handicapped by the fact that they are new, and don't understand the fundamentals and mechanics of WoW pvp yet. There is no need to gimp them further by making them wait several weeks for gear.

Because waiting for gear in pvp is basically making us wait to play the game, and the major reason pvpr's don't log on during the week.

They log on Tuesday to get their cap, and then go play Call of Duty for the rest of the week for a few months till they get geared and can finally be arena viable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]