100 Human Priest
01/20/2013 03:11 AMPosted by Varick
(thanks Zhe!)

VARICK!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/vlcsnap2011010216h02m06.png/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/22/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Varick
With stampede, which pets should you bring, what abilities will they use/not use when called?

I've spoken to Hunters in my group on more occasions than I can count about Stampede. Here is a great tip. Stampede takes your pets from your stable with their current growl setting however you left it when you last used them. If you glyph stampede it clones your current pet which should have it's "growl" ability suited to your environment. Solo your current pet would be on, in a group naturally it would be off.

You can use Stampede stress-free in a group with your friends.

Also, slight dps boost I would imagine while in a group. If your pets taunt a boss off of the tank, they'll take hits and die quicker than they would had they lasted the whole duration of stampede (10 seconds).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
01/24/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Zhery
(thanks Zhe!)

VARICK!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/vlcsnap2011010216h02m06.png/

Zhe!! Holy crap man, long time no see! Wow, now that brings back some memories. I miss the old days in Lobster Farm man, I really do. How's things with you? Hope everything is going well for you, glad to see you're still around. Hopefully we can catch up soon :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
How's things with you? Hope everything is going well for you, glad to see you're still around. Hopefully we can catch up soon :)

Good man, good. Got burned out in Firelands. Quit for a year and a half. Swore I would never play WoW again. Started playing WoW again. You know, the usual.

I sill have videos of LF's Illidan, Archimonde, and Kael'thas kills. I'll try and upload them if I have time.

I'll shoot you an in-game mail next time I'm on with my RealID.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Yeah I hear you lol. And oh god Archimonde......*shudders*. I still have nightmares about that fight (just ask anyone in my guild :p). Glad things are good for you and yeah hit me up in game when you get a chance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I'm the best hunter in the world.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
MY NAME IS AXEAXEAXE AND I DO THE DAMAGE
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Varick,

Admirable post and goal. I would like to try and set up some time with you at the dummies to work on my openers, and some rotational questions as well.

I have not played all that long, I got WoW after Cata came out. Hunter was my main until recently when I had to bench it for lack of dps.

I would like to make him viable for me again. I am sure I am just missing something.

Thanks again for your effort in this regard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Varick,

Admirable post and goal. I would like to try and set up some time with you at the dummies to work on my openers, and some rotational questions as well.

I have not played all that long, I got WoW after Cata came out. Hunter was my main until recently when I had to bench it for lack of dps.

I would like to make him viable for me again. I am sure I am just missing something.

Thanks again for your effort in this regard.

Sure thing. Just let me know when's a good time for you. I tend to be on at some weird times, so if you don't see me on just send me a mail and we'll figure something out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
i appreciate the idea of all this - in certain circles im considered an okay shadow priest. - it is a very gear dependent class but the idea that it is broken is ludicrous, i prove that every time i raid :D

int, you want a minimum sp (no inner fire) 21k+>
hit 13-15% (whatever ur most comfy with VS managing your other weights)>
haste 25% (8089)>
mastery (2222), [anymore or less is a waste]>
crit, (as much as u can dump in without jeopardizing the above stat weight juggles, and NEVER over int)

for any tips beyond the stat weights feel free to hit me in game anytime if ya like
Edited by Cantsleep on 1/31/2013 5:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Thanks Cantsleep. And by all means, if you feel comfortable with your respective class and wish to post here and share your knowledge please do. While I originally intended this thread as a Hunter 101/helping hand type thread, I have no issues with anyone who plays another class willing to donate their time in helping others.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
01/31/2013 06:04 AMPosted by Varick
Thanks Cantsleep. And by all means, if you feel comfortable with your respective class and wish to post here and share your knowledge please do. While I originally intended this thread as a Hunter 101/helping hand type thread, I have no issues with anyone who plays another class willing to donate their time in helping others.

sorry, saw others doing it and thought it'd be cool... admittedly i just glanced everything. i did msg the thread to a hunter friend of mine who's working on uppin his stuff though :P

ty for bein cool with me posting it in ur thread / GL in ur endeavor to further the promotion of community and shared knowledge on Undermine :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
01/31/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Cantsleep

sorry, saw others doing it and thought it'd be cool... admittedly i just glanced everything. i did msg the thread to a hunter friend of mine who's working on uppin his stuff though :P

ty for bein cool with me posting it in ur thread / GL in ur endeavor to further the promotion of community and shared knowledge on Undermine :D

No problem. Like I said, I have no issues with anyone posting in the thread as long as they keep in constructive.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Hey everyone. So instead of making a whole new thread, I decided I would just post in my old thread since it's somewhat related.

So after thinking about doing this for months, I decided to start my own youtube channel, mainly focusing on Hunter PvE aspects. Now, I know there's a lot of Hunter themed videos out there, but I felt like most of them just assumed you had a certain level of knowledge (and we all know what happens when you "assume" right?).

With that being said, I realize I'm opening myself up to all kinds of "gtfo you suck" or "these videos are for noobs". And thats fine. I wouldn't be posting this on here if I wasn't ready for some trolling.

However, before you watch these videos, I'd like you to keep a few things in mind:

1. Yes, I know how "low tech" they look right now. I literally just started learning how to make videos a week ago. It's going to take some time before they start looking upscale. I just ask you to be patient.

2. Yes, I have a southern accent. I'm from the south, not much I can really do about it.

3. I also realize (after listening to myself for 20+ minutes) that I say "um" and "you know" a lot. On the flipside, if you wanted to make a drinking game out of it, and take a shot everytime I say "um" or "you know", you could get hammered very quickly. Or die from alcohol poisioning.

And lastly, I know some people will just hate on me no matter what I say. And thats fine. I decided I wanted to try something new, and if it doesn't pan out, then at least I tried. I figured this would reach more people than posting on here and maybe it will help some of you along the way.

If you're a Hunter or know of any Hunters in need of some improvement, please send them my way. If you watch the videos and don't like something, let me know. I can't fix it if I don't know what's wrong.

Thanks for your time and good hunting.

Here's the link to my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVarick99?feature=mhee
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Edit: Nvm I don't play a hunter

:( forever alone
Edited by Xanaxer on 4/1/2013 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
04/01/2013 02:37 AMPosted by Varick
2. Yes, I have a southern accent. I'm from the south, not much I can really do about it.

I honestly didn't hear an accent, but I am from the south so maybe I'm immune or something. :P

Anyway, props for doing something positive, the game can always use more of that. My only constructive criticism: Maybe edit it down a bit... getting to the point faster means that most of the TLDR-type folks you're actually trying to reach are more likely to watch.
Edited by Fontaine on 4/2/2013 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]