Tuesday Question: Pet Battles.

100 Draenei Hunter
Having waxed enthusiastic about transmogrification, I really ought now to turn my attention to that elephant in the room, the Poke...sorry Pet Battle System.

This was a system teased in the pre-Pandaria patch, but took the full release of the game to unleash it on a receptive playerbase, and again, like transmogrification, the Po...Pet Battle system has been met with the full spectrum of player response, from the unenthusiastic collector of pets, to the player that lives and loves to collect that level 3 parrot, or that level 5 bunny, or even a level 12 whatthehellisthatthingarghkillitwithfire.

While I have not embraced Pokem...Pet Battles with the degree that I have Transmogrification, I possess a moderate understanding of how it works, where you go, and what works better against what to more efficiently clobber small furry/freaky creatures. I even have a sort-of systematic approach to naming my pets (Most of my undead ones are named after horror movies or directors), and once, possibly twice, even went out of my way to collect a special pet, or try for a rare one, in order to fill the yawning gaps in my collection. I have even got a pet or two beyond level 10, and have mercilessly crushed a few NPC trainers under my hooves for having the gall to think they can beat me.

It's a strange thing though, with this aspect of World of Warcraft, that my usual black and white viewpoint on these new innovations Blizzard occasionally parachute in seems to vacillate between "Somewhat charmed" and "Somewhat enthusiastic". Finding myself, on occasion, out and about seeking out some helpless little critter and sending them to violent and squeaky death, then some days I will let my pets do battle with them instead. Just this week, at the behest of a friend, a rare squirrel came into my possession, captured in a duel to the death with my Mojo. Pleased with this minor triumph, I completely forgot how much I hated squirrels. This realisation only came later, and because captured pets cannot be sold on the Auction House, nor be sold into slavery at some nearby quirky chocolate factory, it was released it back into the wild, near a bunch of bored looking birds of prey. I am sure the squirrel made a clean getaway, they are rather clever creatures after all.

So do you loathe the Pet Battle system? Are you on the fence about it like me? Or are you someone who has gotta catch 'em all?

Tell us your story.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Please shut the !@#$ up before I wreck you, kid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Tuesdays Challenge : Shut the !@#$ up
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZQ7ICzlng4

classic ominous
Edited by Snaj on 1/22/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What the swag did you just !@#$ing yolo about me, you little wayne? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the SwagFags, and I’ve been involved in numerous Obey Records , and I have over 300 confirmed Swaggers. I am trained in wearing snapbacks and I’m the top poser in the entire Swagfag Army. You are nothing to me but just another No swag. I will swag you the %^-* out with swagger the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my !@#$ing hashtags. You think you can get away with not taking pictures in the mirror over the Internet? Think again, %^-*er. As we speak I am contacting my mom, she has alot of swag, and your ratchet !@# is being traced right now so you better prepare for the yolo, nikka. The yolo that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your swag. You’re $%^-ing dead, nikka. I can swag anywhere, anytime, and I can swag in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my baggy skinny jeans. Not only am I extensively trained in having plugs and snake bites, but I have access to the entire Hollister store. and I will use it to its full swaggness to wipe your miserable swag off the face of tumblr, you little Non trend follower. I will swag yolo all over you and you will swag in it. You’re *!@#ing dead, nikka.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
01/22/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Excaver

01/22/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Absolutionx

Boring.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Potato

Boring.

What in the name of Talos did you just shout at me, you skeever dirt? I’ll have you know I am the greatest warrior in all of Tamriel, and I've led numerous raids on the Imperial City and Thalmor forces, and killed over 300 dragons. I am trained in the ways of the Voice, and I am the deadliest with a dagger of all the assassins that ever served the Dark Brotherhood. You are nothing to me but another whisper from the Night Mother. I’ll find you and consume your soul. You think you can hide behind your Dwemer-like communication device? Think twice on that, peasant. As we speak I am contacting my secret networks of thieves, pirates, werewolves, vampires, and mages across Skyrim and your exact location is being tracked right now so you better get ready for the Thu'um, horker. The kind of shout that destroyed High King Torygg. You’re my clan's next meal, fool. I can ride anywhere, in any province, and can tear you apart you in over a hundred ways, and that's just with my voice. Not only am I the best with a knife, but I have several guilds at my beck and call and I’ll do anything to erase you from the face of Nirn. If only you had a fortune teller to let you know what Daedric wrath your crimes have incurred, you might not have said a word. But you didn't, and now you will pay the ultimate toll, you witch. I’ll shout fire at you and you will get burned. You’re my dinner now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No battle music not even real.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
01/23/2013 02:05 AMPosted by Valdinqt
No battle music not even real.

that is all
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like pet battles and i like your threads, I'm sorry that they always get ruined by the horrible trolls. *Sadface*

Edit -
what the hell is that thing argh kill it with fire.

^_^ hehe
Edited by Righteousqt on 1/23/2013 6:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Righteousqt- Thanks. Some of those pets do freak me out though.

Excaver- Have you put your hand up for the Elder Scrolls Online Beta yet? See you there!

Ominous- Haven't you got some raid progress to do? Or have you already killed everything?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
01/23/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Torchsong
Ominous- Haven't you got some raid progress to do?

+1
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Don't even think they raid anymore.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
Ominous- Haven't you got some raid progress to do? Or have you already killed everything?

Ominous are maggots there whole raid does less dps then Valdins ret pvp set
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/24/2013 03:35 AMPosted by Tealcthemyth
less dps then Valdins ret pvp set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Mo3YBKrRA
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage

http://i.imgur.com/Ig94K.gif
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/24/2013 04:17 AMPosted by Foxx
http://i.imgur.com/Ig94K.gif

you link this to much foxx, New content pls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]