Kings vs Might

100 Human Paladin
I was in a random bg and noticed there was no stats buff and so started buffing kings. I was really focused on trying to learn my new naga bindings so I couldn't even say what other classes were in there.

Anyway, half way thru someone decided that since we weren't going to win anyway he would spend the rest of the bg hassling me about how I'm a noob because might is so much better for me.

Now... I do like to be proper in all situations even if it's only a small matter. I'm thinking kings is better for me in pvp and when shockadining (new word :P), and might is better for me in group pve. I don't know what other classes prefer. If there's no other player who can buff stats or mastery, which should I use in various situations? My 2's partner is a dk, btw.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well now, Mastery is less useful for us as Ret, compared to crit and what not. So since that is now the case, you're better off buffing Kings for the strength, since Str is after all, our priority stat. I use Kings when im alone. I use Might when others got the big buffs covered. Might is also preferable for Holy pve
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For Ret, 3000 mastery is generally better than ~600 Strength. AFAIK this is also true for most DPS specs.

However, you're asking about Shockadin, which is a whole different animal. Holy's mastery will improve your ability to keep teammates alive, but it doesn't improve your damage at all. So if you want to buff that, Kings is the way to go, especially if the team already has multiple Shaman with their mastery-buff-aura.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Depends. Anyone know if Retadin mastery dips twice? (Once from the original hit, once directly applied to the mastery hit).

If we're talking other specs I couldn't tell ya though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Egopally
Depends. Anyone know if Retadin mastery dips twice? (Once from the original hit, once directly applied to the mastery hit).

If you mean on resilience, then yes, it does.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It used to double-dip on resilience, but I believe that's been fixed.

(Keten, did you faction change?)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Ravicana
(Keten, did you faction change?)

A few days ago I just woke up in Stormwind like this. Must've been a crazy night!

(Yes, I did.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Might over kings if it doesn't dip twice. If it does, then Kings>Might
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Egopally
Depends.

This seems to be the main answer people give me.

Thanks for the replies, folks. I wish I had a snappy answer for that harasser, but I guess it's not that simple.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Every time I walk into a Battleground I am always asked for Kings because a lot of other classes have a Mastery bonus.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Being Holy myself I use Might > Kings. If somebody asks for Kings I'll give it to them usually though I haven't had any complaints using might. On the other hand I have had people ask for Might when I used Kings.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Marseilles
Being Holy myself I use Might > Kings. If somebody asks for Kings I'll give it to them usually though I haven't had any complaints using might. On the other hand I have had people ask for Might when I used Kings.

Do you choose might>kings for pvp though? Mastery is our least favored stat in pvp.

I don't think anyone has asked me for a different buff once in MOP, other than this incident.

Anyone with a dk want to weigh in? I'd like to know what's best for my arena partner too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Tyraelius
Every time I walk into a Battleground I am always asked for Kings because a lot of other classes have a Mastery bonus.

druids and monks both bring Kings
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]