Rogues on the PTR are flat out broken

80 Human Priest
Rogues are so ridiculous on the PTR that it's not even worth testing anymore. I was talking to a gladiator mage last night on the PTR that I did some 3s game with this weekend. It's impossible to peel them off a caster. They have more uptime then warriors or ferals do on live, and their openers are beyond ridiculous.

The problem is even during the 3-4 seconds you have to get them off you they seem to be doing incredible amounts of range damage.

Double cloak from prep, on top of a lowered vanish cooldown from the previous patch, on top of shadowstep, and retardo opening burst has push them back to season 11 status. They don't have the same survival but it doesn't matter when they can pretty much keep a caster from being able to do anything, and can kill anyone lacking a flat out immunity cooldown in the opener.

This season is going to be terrible.
90 Blood Elf Priest
The worst thing I found is that all of them seem to take the following;

1. Shuriken toss
2. Shadowstep
3. Paralytic poison

I find the way Shuriken toss stacks poisons to be ridiculously dubious at best. If you manage to make range as a caster (which is extremely difficult, especially on account of double cloak) you're practically not even rewarded for it. I'm not rewarded for playing well and making room? How is this logical?

I also find the 5 second cheap shots and 4.5 second garottes to be mind twistingly infuriating.

On a related note, given the new talents and how redirect can be used so frequently it seems to make shadow dance swaps fan-!@#$ing-tastic. Man, the damage in a dance. It's just... don't know what to say - and it's so accessible!

btw which server are you on?
90 Human Paladin
QQ... QQ..... QQ.
80 Human Priest
01/23/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Anurakis
btw which server are you on?

I have been floating between the US pvp and pve servers. I have characters on both..
26 Worgen Priest
4.5 second garrote into 5 second cheap shot into 3 second kidney

12.5 seconds of DPS. That's far worse than warbringer -> shockwave.
90 Undead Rogue
lol@people complaining about rogue stuns and silence on the PTR that have been on Live since the expansion hit.

Why are you acting like this is new? The only changes on PTR are prep back, a minor energy boost and a stupid OP boost to Shuriken Toss that needs to be drawn waaaay back or taken out entirely.
Edited by Crookston on 1/23/2013 10:38 AM PST
80 Human Priest

The only healer they can't out right destroy on the PTR right now is MW monks because of demateralize and ring of peace, and holy paladins because of bubble. Every other healer can be killed in the opener or in a dance/redirection swap. Paladins die right after bubble. Demateralize is the only reliable healer counter so far and it's not even full proof.
I just have a problem with cloak on prep and shurriken toss. Those need to go.
80 Human Priest
01/23/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Xyril
I just have a problem with cloak on prep and shurriken toss. Those need to go.

Well you have immunity for stupid opening stun lock burst damage. However for the classes that don't it's a major problem.
90 Night Elf Priest

They could do that before 5.2...

But anyway, they're way overbuffing the class and need to remove that whole autoattack crap from shuriken toss.

They also really need to remove cloak off prep.
Edited by Avyris on 1/23/2013 10:40 AM PST
88 Goblin Warlock
with warrior becomes trash (which helps to keep rogue in check) , rogue will be the new warrior and even more op
01/23/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Primiez
Well you have immunity for stupid opening stun lock burst damage. However for the classes that don't it's a major problem.

Any good rogue will garrote--> kidney. I have no immunity :[
90 Night Elf Druid
they probably can 100-0 a resto druid the fastest.
90 Night Elf Priest
lol@people complaining about rogue stuns and silence on the PTR that have been on Live since the expansion hit.

Why are you acting like this is new? The only changes on PTR are prep back, a minor energy boost and a stupid OP boost to Shuriken Toss that needs to be drawn waaaay back or taken out entirely.
80 Human Priest
01/23/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Galoott

I dunno i am watching rogues kill full Malevolent Resto shaman with earthshield up from 100-0 with them ever being able to get a NS heal off.

It's just LOL broke.
90 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Primiez

I dunno i am watching rogues kill full Malevolent Resto shaman with earthshield up from 100-0 with them ever being able to get a NS heal off.

It's just LOL broke.

how many resto druids have you seen? because i bet we won't be viable next patch.
90 Undead Rogue

It's just LOL broke.

You can do that now if there isn't a peel. Or at least get close to it.

Kill thee Rogue. Train it all day. They die in stuns. That's just what Rogues do. Nothing changed there.
Edited by Crookston on 1/23/2013 11:12 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]