Rogues on the PTR are flat out broken

90 Undead Rogue
lol@people complaining about rogue stuns and silence on the PTR that have been on Live since the expansion hit.

Why are you acting like this is new? The only changes on PTR are prep back, a minor energy boost and a stupid OP boost to Shuriken Toss that needs to be drawn waaaay back or taken out entirely.

Forgetting about double vanish, double cloak, and prep are we? Proof that rogues are retards that only voice their opinions when it is to QQ.

I can't tell if trolling or stupid.

nevermind. Kept reading. The answer was both.
Edited by Crookston on 1/24/2013 5:26 PM PST
90 Undead Rogue
And *gasp* Rogues deal damage during their highest cooldown cooldown that lasts 8 seconds and requires someone to prepare for it? I know it can be hard to see, but a rogue
who is pooling their energy (the PvP set bonus change is huge here) is most likely about to burst SOMEONE. Don't peel them while they pool energy. Wait for them to either start dancing or burning energy. If they don't dance, and they don't burn energy, they're not being very scary.

The fact that you can Cloak during this massive offensive cooldown and be literally unpeelable by casters. You don't view this as a problem? Of course I can predict when a rogue is going to burst if they haven't had a good opener, it's bloody predictable. With prep baseline it makes it ridiculously easy to cheese mechanics by having CoS available on demand regardless if it has been forced earlier, giving you the ability to be unpeelable during burst. Smoke bomb is fine, that's a tactical choice with a bit of decision making involved and although cloaking during dance involves some decision making it involves about as much decision making as deciding whether or not they're even ABLE to peel you during that time. If they are? Cloak and whoo, burst away! It's retarded and it isn't fair and although I'll probably get railed for mentioning fairness? How about the line of argument that you're using something for defensive purposes offensively, with no chance of recourse.

Yet I have a solution;

Shorten the cooldown on Cloak of Shadows to a minute or so.

Make it last two or three seconds at most, so restealths can be achieved without the need for a dispel solely for the point of a restealth and it cannot be used offensively.

Take it off prep, so you can't cheese it during a dance to make yourself unpeelable OR use it offensively with little chance of recourse from opposing non-melee players.

01/24/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Diskoh
Mages have two ice blocks and a heal on cold snap now. Hunters have double deterrence but god forbid the easiest class to kill in the game have a second cloak.

If that mage kept pumping out damage whilst he were in a block I'd complain, it's a defensive ability which has the potential to be used to regain momentum (through blocking a CC) but you can't stand there and mash damage whilst icy veins is up, immune. Hunters also lose access to their nonpet abilities (which should be changed to all damaging abilities) whilst in deterrence. Do you lose anything when you cloak? Nope, cloak goes on cooldown and you can mongo away like a retard. Grow up, seriously.

Thanks for proving the last point I made in my post. You do realize cloak of shadows isn't the same as ice block and deterrence right? When you cloak you're not immune to physical abilities, that's why mages and hunters are unable to attack when they pop their respective defensives cds. Actually a hunter can BM/stampede and then go into a deterrence if necessary while the npcs kill you, but my point still remains.

If cloak made rogues immune to physical and magical damage then yes, cloak being on prep would be too strong but cloak doesn't work that way.
90 Human Mage

Forgetting about double vanish, double cloak, and prep are we? Proof that rogues are retards that only voice their opinions when it is to QQ.

I can't tell if trolling or stupid.

nevermind. Kept reading. The answer was both.

Trolling was the excuse.
90 Undead Rogue
01/24/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Xenthegreat
To be fair rogues where only good S11 due to legendaries. Cata daggers they were fairly manageable.

This is false. Rogues were good because of those and trinket, but also because ambush was a guaranteed crit with gear and reforge, backstab was a 70+% crit, recuperate was tied to energy so HoTs were constantly rolling as functionally permanent passive healing and HaT procs allowed easy 5 cp generation without doing a thing.

It, predictably, got nerfed really, really hard.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
what most people arnt realising is that blizz are going to ship rogues like this on purpose. when a class is in dire need of fixes, buffs, representation, what-have-you, blizz over buff the crap out of them to get people playing them.

look at the S5 DK fiasco. almost all of wotlk beta testers were telling them how OP DKs were going to be. they didnt listen, because it brings players into the game if they hear how OP something is. it is " fun " to be OP to an extent, so people will flock to a particular class to faceroll there way across the battlefield. look what happened to warriors for half of cata, completely useless for half of it. then we get 5.0 and warriors are walking gods. blizz have always done this, they buff something up to have there turn in the sun being OP.

its been almost 4 years since DKs were freaking spastic, im waiting for the buffs >.>
90 Pandaren Rogue
teehee
90 Human Warlock
Holy crap! I died on the PTR to x class, must be imba, nerf!11111!!!11
90 Human Mage
01/24/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Artanys
I think it's time for Blizzard to just admit that their PvP game has gone off the rails and that it's in desperate need of a complete overhaul.

no
90 Undead Rogue
Typical....Rogues go from next to free HK status to how I would like to say "spriest" are now OP but not the top of the list. So people AUTOMATICALLY cry nerf! Nerf! Sure nerf us but at least this time don't make us just !@#$ again. Only thing that should be changed for 5.2 buffs is to reduce the auto attack dmg from ST to 50% and maybe put vigor buff to 25 anything other then that is you just being too used to next to free HK rogues.
Edited by Strychnine on 1/24/2013 6:06 PM PST
100 Dwarf Rogue
Looks like the boys are back in town bish's. We run this game.
90 Blood Elf Priest

The fact that you can Cloak during this massive offensive cooldown and be literally unpeelable by casters. You don't view this as a problem? Of course I can predict when a rogue is going to burst if they haven't had a good opener, it's bloody predictable. With prep baseline it makes it ridiculously easy to cheese mechanics by having CoS available on demand regardless if it has been forced earlier, giving you the ability to be unpeelable during burst. Smoke bomb is fine, that's a tactical choice with a bit of decision making involved and although cloaking during dance involves some decision making it involves about as much decision making as deciding whether or not they're even ABLE to peel you during that time. If they are? Cloak and whoo, burst away! It's retarded and it isn't fair and although I'll probably get railed for mentioning fairness? How about the line of argument that you're using something for defensive purposes offensively, with no chance of recourse.

Yet I have a solution;

Shorten the cooldown on Cloak of Shadows to a minute or so.

Make it last two or three seconds at most, so restealths can be achieved without the need for a dispel solely for the point of a restealth and it cannot be used offensively.

Take it off prep, so you can't cheese it during a dance to make yourself unpeelable OR use it offensively with little chance of recourse from opposing non-melee players.

If that mage kept pumping out damage whilst he were in a block I'd complain, it's a defensive ability which has the potential to be used to regain momentum (through blocking a CC) but you can't stand there and mash damage whilst icy veins is up, immune. Hunters also lose access to their nonpet abilities (which should be changed to all damaging abilities) whilst in deterrence. Do you lose anything when you cloak? Nope, cloak goes on cooldown and you can mongo away like a retard. Grow up, seriously.

Thanks for proving the last point I made in my post. You do realize cloak of shadows isn't the same as ice block and deterrence right? When you cloak you're not immune to physical abilities, that's why mages and hunters are unable to attack when they pop their respective defensives cds. Actually a hunter can BM/stampede and then go into a deterrence if necessary while the npcs kill you, but my point still remains.

If cloak made rogues immune to physical and magical damage then yes, cloak being on prep would be too strong but cloak doesn't work that way.

Holy !@#$, do you have the reading comprehension of a five year old? Reread what I typed and reply again.
90 Pandaren Rogue
Daxxari and Ghostcrawler need to figure out who's right in this matter.

Shuriken Toss' damage was nerfed from 80% to 75% and ghostcrawler stated it was because they didn't take into account poison damage but the nerf should make it in line with where they want it with poisons.

Then Daxx says that it's not intended for poisons to proc with Shuriken Toss, but they're keeping the nerf? The hell?

And no, I don't care one way or another, I won't choose Shuriken Toss. Anticipation is just too good of a skill. I also don't care about PvP. I'm just curious why we're getting contradictory statements.
Edited by Lufia on 1/24/2013 6:55 PM PST
95 Gnome Warrior
>Shuriken Toss is not supposed to proc poisons

Okay, so Blizzard hasn't gone full retard after all.
Community Manager
Due to a miscommunication, I included some incorrect information in my opening post in this thread, Shuriken Toss shouldn't be proccing non-lethal poisons like Crippling or Paralytic. It will continue to activate damaging poisons.

Sorry about that! =(

This should clarify matters Lufia?
Edited by Daxxarri on 1/24/2013 7:02 PM PST
90 Undead Rogue
Can you clarify if you mean Shuriken Toss the actual ability or are you just talking about the auto-attack?
100 Undead Warlock
It is intended to be an ability that allows Rogues to continue to apply some pressure even after being peeled, though.

Translation: it is intended to provide a crutch to a melee class who's been outplayed considering they already have a gap opener, snares, sprint, melee range interrupt and ranged interrupt, stuns, silence, incapacitate, ranged disorient, vanish, cloak and now baseline prep.
Due to a miscommunication, I included some incorrect information in my opening post in this thread, Shuriken Toss shouldn't be proccing non-lethal poisons like Crippling or Paralytic. It will continue to activate damaging poisons.

Sorry about that! =(

This should clarify matters Lufia?

its okay.

you hav done much, no other blue pops in the arena forum this often.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]