Rogues on the PTR are flat out broken

Community Manager
01/24/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Crookston
Can you clarify if you mean Shuriken Toss the actual ability or are you just talking about the auto-attack?

The active ability and its auto-attack component will behave the same way.
90 Undead Priest
Is the auto attack portion really set in stone? I rather keep Shuriken toss the way it is, and still allowing those poisons to proc without giving them some ridiculous ranged attack with nearly full uptime.
90 Human Rogue
01/24/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Can you clarify if you mean Shuriken Toss the actual ability or are you just talking about the auto-attack?

The active ability and its auto-attack component will behave the same way.

ST on live procs both lethal and non lethal. You are changing it so it no longer procs non lethal?

one step forward 2 steps back if so. As far as us looking at this as an extra fix to our mobility problems.
Community Manager
01/24/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Conspiracy
Is the auto attack portion really set in stone? I rather keep Shuriken toss the way it is, and still allowing those poisons to proc without giving them some ridiculous ranged attack with nearly full uptime.

Nothing is set in stone, per se, but Shuriken Toss hasn't proven to be very popular in its current live incarnation.
90 Undead Rogue
01/24/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Nothing is set in stone, per se, but Shuriken Toss hasn't proven to be very popular in its current live incarnation.

I for one care more about the ranged snare and combo point generation than some kind of damage boost.
90 Human Rogue
01/24/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Crookston

I for one care more about the ranged snare and combo point generation than some kind of damage boost.

/agree
90 Undead Priest
01/24/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Daxxarri

With all respect included Daxxarri, where are you pulling this data from?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Jax/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Relegated/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Garbagemanx/simple

I have trouble finding a high rated rogue that DOESN'T currently use Shuriken toss. If this is a PvE thing, just say so.
Edited by Conspiracy on 1/24/2013 7:19 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope all the devs aren't reading too far into these people complaining that rogues aren't free kills anymore.

Learn some tactics before attempting to stomp all over their ability to be dangerous again.

Wanna know what works? TRAIN THE ROGUE. Just because you saw some idiot who made a premade healer on the PTR getting schooled doesn't mean they are so OP now.
90 Undead Rogue

Thanks for proving the last point I made in my post. You do realize cloak of shadows isn't the same as ice block and deterrence right? When you cloak you're not immune to physical abilities, that's why mages and hunters are unable to attack when they pop their respective defensives cds. Actually a hunter can BM/stampede and then go into a deterrence if necessary while the npcs kill you, but my point still remains.

If cloak made rogues immune to physical and magical damage then yes, cloak being on prep would be too strong but cloak doesn't work that way.

Holy !@#$, do you have the reading comprehension of a five year old? Reread what I typed and reply again.

Not sure what game you've been playing but mages block quite often to break CC and stay offensive, it's the same thing. Don't get pissy with me kid just because you're stuck at 1700 as a shadow priest this season.
90 Gnome Warrior

That really is the issue everyone has with it on the PTR. It's too powerful.
90 Undead Rogue
Auto-attack would've been a nice boost but not at the cost of losing non-lethal poisons not being proc-ed. Just don't touch it at all then please.
Edited by Roxeni on 1/24/2013 7:54 PM PST
I couldnt help but notice the CloS point being brought up, and it being used offensively.

I understand some casters being pretty pissed off.

And thats cool.

But, as Consipiracy has said, lol ironically using his point out of context, is that there are strengths and weaknesses to the class.

So yes, when I CloS, im immune to your damage, peels, etc. (you, as a caster).

But that "defensive" does me nothing against physical damage.
Evasion acts as a death sentence currently when facing a warrior, and will do so even more effectively come next patch.

So really, what we're down to is CR. And you cant honestly admit it to be as good as popping Die by the Sword and going mongoloid.

So, although im sure one of the twenty shadow priests in this thread will vomit some incoherent thought onto his keyboard, if you want to take CloS off of prep, or nerf this "un-peelable against casters aspect", realize that you can't do so without compensating for something else.

Although I'm not comparing the two directly, its almost like crying about DK's being immune to caster damage- which if they had some sort of "mongo damage" cooldown with a smokebomb, im sure this thread would have "Death Knights" in it instead of rogues.

EDIT: on the other side of the fence, judging from the blue posts it seems ST is only getting buffed due to PVE players choosing Anticipation hands down. Id rather it remain how it is now and be compensated by some sort of defensive buff.

My favorite which seems to not be so ground breaking (but of course, i may be biased) is the Elusiveness talent working while stunned.
Edited by Stunshine on 1/24/2013 7:50 PM PST
90 Troll Warrior
Great the only thing that was gonna keep me playing my Rogue is being slowly butchered.

Remove Paralytic Poison, give rogues something else.
90 Undead Rogue
01/24/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Stunshine
My favorite which seems to not be so ground breaking (but of course, i may be biased) is the Elusiveness talent working while stunned.

This 100x times. Took the words right out of my mouth.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Is the entire Blizz team taking this positon now where non lethal poisons will not proc from ST? If so expect to see as many PVP players using Anticipation as PVE haha.
80 Gnome Death Knight
It is intended to be an ability that allows Rogues to continue to apply some pressure even after being peeled

So does that mean that warriors will be getting a pet soon, or perhaps a spam-able high damage dagger toss that applies bleeds?

How about, let's just take Storm Bolt off of 90 tier, reduce the damage it deals and make it spam-able...

There is no need for Shuriken Toss to do the amount of damage it does....and it should NOT be spam-able.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Thanks for proving the last point I made in my post. You do realize cloak of shadows isn't the same as ice block and deterrence right? When you cloak you're not immune to physical abilities, that's why mages and hunters are unable to attack when they pop their respective defensives cds. Actually a hunter can BM/stampede and then go into a deterrence if necessary while the npcs kill you, but my point still remains.

If cloak made rogues immune to physical and magical damage then yes, cloak being on prep would be too strong but cloak doesn't work that way.

If BM's are killing you with a main pet auto attacking during bw (20% damage boost) and the equivalent of as a second pet doing normal auto attacks (stampede) while they auto cc'ed themselves with deterrence you need to re think how you are playing.
Edited by Prieto on 1/24/2013 8:48 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Rogue

If BM's are killing you with a main pet auto attacking during bw (20% damage boost) and the equivalent of as a second pet doing normal auto attacks (stampede) while they auto cc'ed themselves with deterrence you need to re think how you are playing.

Is this a serious post lol?
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/24/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Roxeni

This 100x times. Took the words right out of my mouth.

It's all about timing. You can't use Divine Protection whilst stunned, you can't use Astral Shift whilst stunned and you can't use shield wall or Die by the Sword whilst stunned. It's so groundbreaking because it removes the predication on these abilities. It's not really groundbreaking at all.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]