State of the Server Address

90 Human Rogue
Yolo

Yolo

Like Jelly?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Congratz to all the guilds that have achieved as far as they thus far in the expansion. /cheer!

I agree with so much of what you all said. Elyk yes that is very true & you are bang on. It's so frustrating that people don't read up or watch things. Some of the basics they are clueless. *sighs*

Another thing tho you didn't mention that this realm is really bad for........raid gear doesn't equal skill level or raid experience level. Sure, you might be the top 10 in gear & top geared, /rawr you, but why you standing in that s$&% bro?

I know I am not speaking for myself, I admit I am fail, but I try & I want to learn & I can listen to instructions. If it wasn't my pure dedication for my guild & those in the guild, I know I could have one day gone farther....with that said, The Haunted is having fun & doing very well & things are good.

This realm does need some help, imo mainly starting with guilds & GM's of the guilds working together. I have stated this over & over before, and I will continue to do so, but if the Alliance Guilds & all their GM's & Officers etc work together, and the Horde ones work together, then things will pick up some as well. Even better is if the Alliance & Horde work some together & get some world PvP going too - *I miss Betinna from Vendetta for that*

I know I have contacted & talked to many GM's on the realm, I have posted this before many times....The Haunted is one of the largest guilds on the realm, along with a few others, sure we are very casual, but we have people that are willing to help out the realm & work for the best interest of the realm as well.

I have offered to other guilds many times that if anyone needs a toon, for heals, dps, tank etc to let me know or my officers etc and we will post in guild chat or real id's for those we feel are qualified to join. Usually our guild is willing to go with other guilds & help them as opposed to picking up a PUG group.

Like I said, we are casual, but we do a lot of back track raiding...that most guilds don't do or don't have the patience for. We go back to the basics & we try to teach basic 101 raiding. Our guild has been the preset or rather stepping block for many many guilds that have formed from past members, officers, raid leaders, pvpers etc from The Haunted.

It's not my business to say names or who of who, but there are some pretty respectable raiders & pvpers on this realm that came to Dharmos & Myself years ago that were CLUELESS about the game. We taught the basics & the simple things that most people don't have patience or can't be bothered to go through. I think it's very fair to say that The Haunted was/is a stepping stone for Raiding & Pvp in the realm. Dharmos quit WoW & I am now solely GM of The Haunted, I went through a funk during Dharmos quitting stage, my running partner for 4 yrs was gone, my horde guild went into a funk & I had so much going on. It was just a busy not so good time. But, I am back & doing well & The Haunted will succeed still & do well. I want all our members to get the maximum outta the game they can. I am very supportive of change if people want it.

Where we get shafted is when everyone leaves on their mains & doesn't help us with progression....After 4 yrs on the realm & one of the last remaining ORIGINAL guilds on the realm, it's fair to say that I don't seek progression, elistism, bragging rights or anything, I just want people to enjoy their money & forget real life & have a good time doing what this game is intended to do.

So yea....Progression from the realm also can be improved by PvP....there are limited PvP guilds out there, it would be so helpful if they all worked together too, let's get some progression for our PvP'ers too, not just the raiders.

Fizzcrank has many successful players of all types, and many folks that have mains in core teams, whether they are raiding or pvp teams....It's up to us to use our social & teamwork skills together, we need to utilize real Id & so many options to include further learning, participation, achievements, progression and most of all, fun.

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤...Skylä...¤ Founder / GM of The Haunted
TEAM = Together Everyone Achieves More
www.thehaunted.org

"It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up." - Col. GA Custer
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Congratz to all the guilds that have achieved as far as they thus far in the expansion. /cheer!

I agree with so much of what you all said. Elyk yes that is very true & you are bang on. It's so frustrating that people don't read up or watch things. Some of the basics they are clueless. *sighs*

Another thing tho you didn't mention that this realm is really bad for........raid gear doesn't equal skill level or raid experience level. Sure, you might be the top 10 in gear & top geared, /rawr you, but why you standing in that s$&% bro?

I know I am not speaking for myself, I admit I am fail, but I try & I want to learn & I can listen to instructions. If it wasn't my pure dedication for my guild & those in the guild, I know I could have one day gone farther....with that said, The Haunted is having fun & doing very well & things are good.

This realm does need some help, imo mainly starting with guilds & GM's of the guilds working together. I have stated this over & over before, and I will continue to do so, but if the Alliance Guilds & all their GM's & Officers etc work together, and the Horde ones work together, then things will pick up some as well. Even better is if the Alliance & Horde work some together & get some world PvP going too - *I miss Betinna from Vendetta for that*

I know I have contacted & talked to many GM's on the realm, I have posted this before many times....The Haunted is one of the largest guilds on the realm, along with a few others, sure we are very casual, but we have people that are willing to help out the realm & work for the best interest of the realm as well.

I have offered to other guilds many times that if anyone needs a toon, for heals, dps, tank etc to let me know or my officers etc and we will post in guild chat or real id's for those we feel are qualified to join. Usually our guild is willing to go with other guilds & help them as opposed to picking up a PUG group.

Like I said, we are casual, but we do a lot of back track raiding...that most guilds don't do or don't have the patience for. We go back to the basics & we try to teach basic 101 raiding. Our guild has been the preset or rather stepping block for many many guilds that have formed from past members, officers, raid leaders, pvpers etc from The Haunted.

It's not my business to say names or who of who, but there are some pretty respectable raiders & pvpers on this realm that came to Dharmos & Myself years ago that were CLUELESS about the game. We taught the basics & the simple things that most people don't have patience or can't be bothered to go through. I think it's very fair to say that The Haunted was/is a stepping stone for Raiding & Pvp in the realm. Dharmos quit WoW & I am now solely GM of The Haunted, I went through a funk during Dharmos quitting stage, my running partner for 4 yrs was gone, my horde guild went into a funk & I had so much going on. It was just a busy not so good time. But, I am back & doing well & The Haunted will succeed still & do well. I want all our members to get the maximum outta the game they can. I am very supportive of change if people want it.

Where we get shafted is when everyone leaves on their mains & doesn't help us with progression....After 4 yrs on the realm & one of the last remaining ORIGINAL guilds on the realm, it's fair to say that I don't seek progression, elistism, bragging rights or anything, I just want people to enjoy their money & forget real life & have a good time doing what this game is intended to do.

So yea....Progression from the realm also can be improved by PvP....there are limited PvP guilds out there, it would be so helpful if they all worked together too, let's get some progression for our PvP'ers too, not just the raiders.

Fizzcrank has many successful players of all types, and many folks that have mains in core teams, whether they are raiding or pvp teams....It's up to us to use our social & teamwork skills together, we need to utilize real Id & so many options to include further learning, participation, achievements, progression and most of all, fun.

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤...Skylä...¤ Founder / GM of The Haunted
TEAM = Together Everyone Achieves More
www.thehaunted.org

"It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up." - Col. GA Custer

I'd read this but I already finished the entire Harry Potter series twice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/25/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Rykinia
I'd read this but I already finished the entire Harry Potter series twice.

LMAO
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
simple fact, about every guild has an inner circle that is looking to out anyone they can to get a main spot and due to that fizzcrank will get nowhere. one big reason people transfer. people don't want to earn a spot. they take from people that work hard. really have a chat with most that are not in a guild. i would say about 2/3 had it done to them.

reason i will not post on main? you think i want to be harasses for speaking my view
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
simple fact, about every guild has an inner circle that is looking to out anyone they can to get a main spot and due to that fizzcrank will get nowhere. one big reason people transfer. people don't want to earn a spot. they take from people that work hard. really have a chat with most that are not in a guild. i would say about 2/3 had it done to them.

reason i will not post on main? you think i want to be harasses for speaking my view

fizzcrank:
bodyrott drbwacko drwacko eyepfreely pfreely

Found your main
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/25/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Leselset

01/25/2013 10:59 PMPosted by Rykinia
Found your main

01/25/2013 10:59 PMPosted by Rykinia
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

fizzcrank:

Found your main

LMFAO
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I used to really enjoy raiding in this server as horde in wrath. Seems a shame I guess but I guess since every server xfer is netting them $$$ it's more profitiable to have people wanting to get off dying servers. Then the auto-server selection suggests those realms to newbies who then level up without being sure of what they're getting into and then they xfer off too when they hit level cap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
01/25/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Leselset

I'm just gonna leave this here. It only works with Chrome and Firefox though.

http://cogshanks.org/alt-o-magic
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
01/28/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Magdelia

I'm just gonna leave this here. It only works with Chrome and Firefox though.

http://cogshanks.org/alt-o-magic

Because Internet Explorer is a piece of-

You get the picture.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Theres nothing wrong with IE's Picture quality.
Edited by Furvert on 1/30/2013 1:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Elyk
Where is chedda when you need him?

Following me around of course.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I know reforged has helped me out learn many bosses with their Gold Runs. I do appreciate those things, and do understand why they can't really be ran anymore with the loot system.

Thanx
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What?
loot
system?
Reply Quote
88 Human Priest
The hardest part about the change in WoW over the last few years has been the change in community. People are hateful, greedy asshats now. With achievements, the stress is now on personal progress and not the group.

My two cents, which is probably overpriced.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
this server hasn't really changed in attitude... just less !@#$%^-s and people who are cocky and know very little about pvp/raiding since this server is basically dead
Edited by Riches on 2/6/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Please take the time to read this and I hope that you choose to help someone on Fizzcrank after reading it.

While we have sources to go to, not all may be aware of what sites to visit. Perhaps we can start with links that are your go to's for information.

Rather than call someone out and make them look bad, why not take them aside and offer to help them one on one.

Original Story : http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/13/server-outcast-in-south-korea-rekindles-wow-community/

There's a forum thread, which was posted on the US forums a few days back, where a player tells rather a sad tale. It's a translation of a thread which has caused visible shifts on Korean servers, where players are starting to change, to become more sympathetic, and to care a little bit more about others. The poster asserts that, thanks in part to separate 10- and 25-man lockouts, and far shorter raid resets, Korea's servers were growing ever more competitive and elitist.

The story, much abridged, goes that, on Zul'Jin (KR), a warrior was looking for a group. He whispered the OP of the Korean community thread on the story, asking for a spot in a PuG raid the OP was advertizing. This warrior was renowned on the server for his low DPS, so low, in fact, that nobody would bring him to a raid. The OP had previously taken him to Terrace of Endless Spring, and the warrior was incredibly grateful, but the warrior's 30k DPS had meant that the OP decided against bringing him to another 10-man group. The OP's PuG raid never happened, so, as he felt bad for the warrior's situation, decided to help him.

The warrior was doing it all wrong, gemming, reforging, enchanting, and as they chatted the OP was struck by the warrior's politeness and gratitude, as well as learning that the warrior was an older guy trying to escape from an unpleasant real life into WoW. The OP realized how uncommon this friendliness was in recent times, and how elitist and unfriendly the South Korean WoW community had become. He remembered that they were all noobs once, and made a post asking his fellow WoW players to be kinder, more generous, and less elitist.

The result of this has reportedly been a seismic shift in South Korea's WoW community, and an outpouring of support, not to mention several blue posts on the topic. Players have even started organizing "Mentor Raids" to help others get to grips with their class and with the fights. WoW's community is one of the big things that makes the game great, the help and support and friendliness that comes out of a digital world. If you haven't read the original thread, you should. We were all noobs once.
Edited by Boudecca on 2/13/2013 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The shared lockout for 25 man and 10 man really cut the number of spots available for raids significantly on the server. We've lost Animosity, STD, Pantheon, Imperium, Dracoliches, etc. While many of those raiders are around, the raid leaders are gone. Anyways the first thing we need to do is stop trolling people using trade to fill their raids and new folks a chance to get involved in something besides LFR. We are a medium pop server and we have to stop acting like a small pop one. I think Oondasta s a great opportunity to start coordinating more and I think Notepad deserves a lot of credit for organizing things the last few weekends.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]