pass lead to tank or healer thank you

90 Blood Elf Priest
01/25/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Wafectus
i like to think since i dont use mods of any kind it makes me more of a skilled player since i have to rely on just the tools blizzard gave me.

The Shaman who have the ability to see where their Chain Heals will bounce will wipe the floor with you in a raid. Also, you're not using the tools Blizzard gave you, and when you actually need to dispel, you aren't going to see the debuff in time in your party frames. But you would if you would at least use the Blizzard raid frames - they actually display most buffs and debuffs.

But imagine with me if you will for a moment...

Imagine if you could see when your tanks were using CDs, so you knew when spike damage was coming.
Imagine if you could see where your chain heal would bounce, and how many times.
Imagine if you could set up debuffs in a specific fashion so that each one would display in a particular manner - maybe one would turn the health bar a certain color, and the other would just display an icon. Maybe one would play a sound in your game, while another, less important debuff, would not.
Imagine if you could see the direction someone out of range had gone in.

All of these things are possible with an addon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/25/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Sylth
Frankly, it will never happen because I'm always the healer, but if the healer for a group I was in told someone to give up "Leader" and they didn't (probably going "Huh? what is he talking about!!??")

thats why i created this thread.

01/25/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Evry
but you can't function as a healer without the tank in the top spot? Please. Blaming your self-inflicted limitations on the random 4 other people in your LFD is a special kind of petulance

only one person is ever lead at one time. i only ever get mad at one person and thats the lead refusing to pass lead after i already asked nicely and explained.

so whats the problem here? i created this thread witn intention of pointing out a scenario you might one day come accross. i even suggested im going to continue to ask nicely and give explanations as to why i ask for the lead to be passed. if you arent willing to compromise and just pass the lead then you deserve to be kicked just as much as me because you are purposely trying to antagonie me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/25/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Wafectus
if you arent willing to compromise and just pass the lead then you deserve to be kicked just as much as me because you are purposely trying to antagonie me.

What you're asking for is unneccessary and unreasonable, as has been cogently explained to you.

If I were to enter a dungeon as a tank, and demand everyone pull out a mini pet or I wouldn't move, I'd be rightly kicked for my attitude. Yours is no better nor any saner.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The biggest problem with having your healing skills reliant on your party is that you will be screwing yourself if the person with the lead:

1) Doesn't speak English.
2) Has party/instance chat turned off (I do this when I am in a grumpy mood).
3) Doesn't read party/instance chat, even when it is on.
4) Hates you.

Why would you deliberately choose to play in a manner that will only make you look like a scrub who can't heal without a targeting crutch?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
everytime i ask for this in a dungeon some people ask why and when i explain why they dont like the explanation so they refuse with the end result of their death because i denied them healing.

yeah, real nice of you.
I would kick you. in a heartbeat. I don't have time to deal with little !@#$s that want to waste other people's time. Nobody pays attention to who has lead in a random 5 man. It doesn't matter.

You're posting, in the healing forums, a thread that is ostensibly directed at dps who don't pass lead to the tank when demanded by the healer. because you can't be bothered to heal otherwise. So, you're either being unreasonable and childish, or trying to troll.

Healing 5 mans is not hard, with or without addons, and certainly with or without the tank being party leader. If that's too hard for you, then you are, simply, a bad healer and I would suggest you improve yourself instead of whining or refusing to heal party members. Others have given suggestions in this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/25/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Gruklaar
What you're asking for is unneccessary and unreasonable, as has been cogently explained to you

wrong

01/25/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Gruklaar
If I were to enter a dungeon as a tank, and demand everyone pull out a mini pet or I wouldn't move, I'd be rightly kicked for my attitude. Yours is no better nor any saner.
yes it is
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The biggest problem with having your healing skills reliant on your party is that you will be screwing yourself if the person with the lead:1) Doesn't speak English.2) Has party/instance chat turned off (I do this when I am in a grumpy mood).3) Doesn't read party/instance chat, even when it is on.

this is actually a good scenario that i havent had happen yet. ill have to wait and see how i resolve this situation

01/25/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Evry
You're posting, in the healing forums, a thread that is ostensibly directed at dps who don't pass lead to the tank when demanded by the healer

you are right i screwed up here i dont know what i was thinking putting it in the healing forums. it should have gone to the dps forum. dont know if its possible to move this over there at this point in time

01/25/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Evry
Healing 5 mans is not hard, with or without addons, and certainly with or without the tank being party leader. If that's too hard for you, then you are, simply, a bad healer and I would suggest you improve yourself instead of whining or refusing to heal party members. Others have given suggestions in this thread.

i didnt like any of the suggestions offered. plus this thread isnt a complaint. its manifestion of how im going to conduct myself in dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Yeah yeah, OK. We get it, you're not a great healer and can't learn to adapt or get with the times. And you're fine with that. So move along.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/25/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Wafectus
i like to think since i dont use mods of any kind it makes me more of a skilled player since i have to rely on just the tools blizzard gave me.

Go to your Interface settings, on the Raid Frames page, there is a check box that will allow you to use the Blizzard default raid frames as your party frames in any type of group. It will always display the tank(s) first, then the healer(s). This isn't an add-on

But currently OP...

01/25/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Kaels
You're an !@# and deserve to be kicked. I only hope that the other people aren't too intimidated by the green cross icon by your name to hit the votekick button.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/25/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Wafectus
i dont play or believe in addons of any kind. so thats out of the question. for alot of healers that have been playing since the old days the f2 button became the natural tank button. so it feels weird having the tank in any other spot.

To start, I neither use healing addons, nor keybind my spells to much more than "`", "1" and "5". Secondly, healing without using addons is incredibly easy for someone who would state something such as "i will go on my power trips i like doing so much". If you're so skilled, and so good and elite that you would actually "rage" on another player you should know how to cope with nearly any situation without fault.

All that I am really getting from this is you just really want to be lead, or you want to create situations in which you can let people die and not perform the role at which you chose when you entered the instance. This tells me you are an !@#$. You are so content with being self-centered that you don't care for the greater good. Congrats, you have lead role now. But now the dps that has more time on his hands in the instance, able to make marks for those less skilled than yourselves, no longer has permission to do everything he needs (such as in LFR raid groups when those who have lead refuse to pass any other member assist). Now, your tank, who is busy ccing, pulling, taunting, utilizing his cooldowns, and even maximizing his dps to speed up the instance; and yourself, who is healing, (apparently) struggling to heal unless you can hit a single other button, and also (I'm sure) dpsing with lightning bolt to maximize your mana regeneration, or just dpsing to speed up the instance; are both forced to set these markers for the group and offer help to those who may not know the fights or mechanics thoroughly.

But alas, you are too "pro" to assist those less fortunate who may not know these mechanics and fights. Instead, I'm sure you'd vote to kick them for being newer to the game. You will shout "KICK THE NOOB", when in actuality it should be read as "KICK THIS PERSON WHO IS NEW TO THE GAME'S CONTENT." You will hold your group back by literally failing to realize that you aren't as good as you claim to be, no matter how long you've been playing this game, because you fail as long as you can not hit "f2".

Now tell me, why should any of us healers here feel any sympathy for you, when we have taken the time and effort to learn to heal in all sorts of scenarios with or without addons in more difficult measures than you likely have ever seen? Well, sure that sounds elitest of myself, but then again, I never said I wasn't. No, I'm quite the prick myself, and I know it. But, there is a large difference between us. I continue to heal those I don't like or see fit to die. The reason? It's my job. I signed up for it, if I were to not perform, I myself would be at fault and look the part of the villain in the incident I had just created. But no, I only do that when I want to be kicked from the group.

So, knowing that you are at fault for not performing your role, your assigned job you selected yourself before entering the instance; who would you blame for the wipe? The dps who wanted to lead to help you and the tank have easier jobs by doing everything else for you, or you, the one who let everyone die because you couldn't get your way?

Tell you what, it sounds a bit like the "protagonist" of your story is truly the one holding everyone else back. I'd suggest you rethink what you want to do in this game and realize there are more people in this game than you will ever actually meet in life. More people than you will ever shake hands with, and more people than you will ever make eye contact with. And you mean nothing to them. They neither care about you or the class you play. All they care about is their circle of friends and family. You mean nothing on the grand scale and you should know about it.

OP, I suggest you stop playing World of Warcraft if you intend to belittle or look down upon others with no intent to at least acknowledge the fact of your actions. I also suggest re-rolling another class, spec and role. It may help you realize what this game is about.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/25/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Mehpanda
All that I am really getting from this is you just really want to be lead, or you want to create situations in which you can let people die and not perform the role at which you chose when you entered the instance. This tells me you are an !@#$
i guess i can agree here no point denying it.

Now tell me, why should any of us healers here feel any sympathy for you

i dont. i should have put this thread in the dps forums. i could care less what other healers think of me.

Congrats, you have lead role now. But now the dps that has more time on his hands in the instance, able to make marks for those less skilled than yourselves, no longer has permission to do everything he needs

if i asked a dps to pass lead and that dps wanted to continue being the shotcaller because he knows the dungeon id be perfectly ok with it even following his orders EVEN THOUGH he isnt the actual leader. as i stated before, i can compromise

(such as in LFR raid groups when those who have lead refuse to pass any other member assist).
i dont know anything about that because we're not talking about raids here. we're talking about dungeon party frames. i dont plan to set foot in a single raid this expac but if i did id have to adhere to the raid style frames because i have no choice there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/25/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Wafectus
i should have put this thread in the dps forums. i could care less what other healers think of me.

I am sure the DPS will be thrilled to have a thread that will give them a heads-up for potential future LFD runs, "Scrub healer inc!"

Edit: And it is "couldn't care less". If you could care less, it means you do care, at least a little...
Edited by Pipikaula on 1/25/2013 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
{Snip}
Still you as you are threatening to hold groups hostage for the most pathetic and petty of reasons. I foresee many votekicks in your future. And if you think other healers are clamoring for group lead for this line of reasoning you are very confused.

nope thats not what im doing at all. feel free to review my posts and tell me where you see me holding any group hostage

everytime i ask for this in a dungeon some people ask why and when i explain why they dont like the explanation so they refuse with the end result of their death because i denied them healing.

{Snip} if your healer asked you to pass the lead you pass it.

or i will go on my power trips i like doing so much and start wiping you for refusing.

If that's not holding the group hostage to your whim, what is it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
P.S. I think the healers here - despite having been very direct in their criticism of your stance on this as a"requirement" - have been pretty gentle compared to the response you'd have received in some of the other forums.

I mean, I'm a healer, and I NEVER votekick anyone, but I would someone who did what you claim to do. I can only guess how much more negatively a DPS - who might have an average wait of around 30 minutes for a run - is going to respond to the threat of being kicked or repeatedly wiped by you if you don't get what you want, for reasons that make virtually no sense to anyone but you.

But nothing is keeping you from trying your luck elsewhere.

<S>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Edit: And it is "couldn't care less". If you could care less, it means you do care, at least a little...

Minor grammatical point, but, "I could care less" is also correct. It's said sarcastically, which unfortunately doesn't translate well to the internet.

That said, it's meant to be a question, not a statement. "I could care less?" It's rhetorical, because the answer is no, I could not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I like to play without a monitor and have my dungeon members log into skype with me, tell me what party frame they are in (1-5) and then yell when they are in danger. It makes me feel more skilled and I can watch movies while I play instead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i see a misdirect or tricks in your future.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/25/2013 01:35 PMPosted by Sylth
I mean, I'm a healer, and I NEVER votekick anyone, but I would someone who did what you claim to do. I can only guess how much more negatively a DPS

the said healer to put himself out there to ask nicely for the lead to be passed with explanation included and willing to continue to submit to the leadership of the dps that has the lead. if the dps cant read chat or speak english and shows me he doesnt understand whats going on around him for whatever reason then id have to bite my tongue and just deal with it.
but if he flat out refuses me then he's not helping me do something so miniscule as to just right click a nameplate and promote to leader. in that case....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/25/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Gruklaar

Minor grammatical point, but, "I could care less" is also correct. It's said sarcastically, which unfortunately doesn't translate well to the internet.

That said, it's meant to be a question, not a statement. "I could care less?" It's rhetorical, because the answer is no, I could not.

Good point, I have seen it used (correctly) that way. This particular case, though, not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/25/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Sadiemay
i see a misdirect or tricks in your future.

not sure i understand. you would do that because i asked nicely to pass or you would do it when i purposedly stopped healing the person refusing to pass lead?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]