pass lead to tank or healer thank you

100 Human Paladin
"I could care less" and "I couldn't care less" seem to be used interchangeably now. I wonder if we're watching one of those interesting language transformations occurring in real time?

(Speculating about language change is way more interesting than talking about this inflexible and therefore unskilled healer on a power trip)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
01/25/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Wafectus
i see a misdirect or tricks in your future.

not sure i understand. you would do that because i asked nicely to pass or you would do it when i purposedly stopped healing the person refusing to pass lead?

The way you wrote your post implied you would not "ask" but "demand" or else "people would not receive heals and die".
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
"Asking nicely" doesn't entitle you to anything. From the sounds of it, you aren't even "asking nicely", you're demanding that you are given leader.

Not even really sure what to say as this is completely ridiculous lol

I guess. . . I hope you're trolling /shrug
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/25/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Duboomchikin
"Asking nicely" doesn't entitle you to anything. From the sounds of it, you aren't even "asking nicely", you're demanding that you are given leader.

it sounds like it because you didnt read correctly. ill school you though. look at the title. says tank or healer. passing tank or healer has the same desired effect, it puts the tank at the top of the group(f2 button) i could care less if the tank had the lead or if i was given the lead. i want the tank at the top of the group.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The OP makes me wish vote-kick was expanded so a large enough sample of players could vote to ban someone.

Dear OP...
The problem is between the screen and your chair, not the players you get randomly grouped with. If you can't heal properly if the tank isn't in a specific frame position then that's a personal issue and not anything the group has to adjust for other than kicking you out of the party. Using or not using addons doesn't make you special. Getting the job done with the setup you have is all that's important and by your own admission you can't get the job done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i like to think since i dont use mods of any kind it makes me more of a skilled player since i have to rely on just the tools blizzard gave me.

I like to think that the better player is the one that uses the tools available to them. Blizzard is ok with players using addons that follow the standards that blizzard allowed. A lot of changes with the Interface from classic to now are also based on addons. Blizzard raid frames even changed a lot from when it was in classic.

Using only Blizzard raid frames are fine, but not being able to adjust to your PuG because you can't setup your interface in a way that will is not fine. You are not a more skilled player because you refuse to use addons that make you more adaptable and reactive.

Use what is available to you properly, and it isn't going to matter who the party leader is. Also, this isn't the same game it was in classic, so comparing how the game is played now versus how it was played so many years ago isn't valid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/25/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Wafectus
i want the tank at the top of the group.

I imagine you crossing your arms, pouting, and stomping your foot as you say this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Can't you have the tank be in his own special frame even in the default raid frames now?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/25/2013 03:23 PMPosted by Mitimem
The OP makes me wish vote-kick was expanded so a large enough sample of players could vote to ban someone.

kick for what? for asking? for refusing to heal someone that didnt pass the lead in order to agitate me? please clarify because then if you didnt pass the lead you created that consequence for yourself when all you had to was pass the lead

what exactly are all of you defending? the right to refuse me the lead? well you are within your right to refuse me. i cant make you pass the lead and you are right. i concede. next time i ask nicely with a big ol smiley face to pass the lead and you refuse im gonna the bigger person and just let it go. i wont hold grudges and im going to assume(this is a very important part) that whatever reason you had for refusing is no more important than mine.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
yeah right i was just playing lol. if you refuse to pass the lead you are no more mature than i am and are no better than i am. im always going to tell you why i want the lead passed to either tank or healer but unless you dont speak my language or your chat is disabled im 100% sure whatever reason you have for refusing me the lead is meant as an agitation towards me because a true leader will still lead anyways regardless of whos the actual desginated party leader is.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/25/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Wafectus
kick for what? for asking? for refusing to heal someone that didnt pass the lead in order to agitate me? please clarify because then if you didnt pass the lead you created that consequence for yourself when all you had to was pass the lead

You assume they do it to agitate you. You aren't asking either. You're giving the group an ultimatum which they have every right to ignore. You're not special. You can be removed and they'll have another healer shortly. You think you're punishing the group by refusing the heal, but all you're doing is creating incentive for them to kick you or not requeue with you.

I'd suggest you stop playing MMO's since your sense of entitlement and unwillingness to adapt are not conducive to cooperative play.

Either way, I'm done with you. People like you aren't worth consideration.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/25/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Mitimem
You assume they do it to agitate you

except for what i covered they are doing it to agitate me. no other reason.

You aren't asking either. You're giving the group an ultimatum which they have every right to ignore.
this goes to your first sentence why again refuse me for any possible reason. not talking about ignore. if they completely ignore me it dont automatically assume they are refusing as i stated in a post earlier you should look for it and read it.

You can be removed and they'll have another healer shortly.

that requires scrolling over a nameplate, rightclicking and scrolling down to desired setting. kicking someone is a simple as...well... passing the lead to someone else

You think you're punishing the group by refusing the heal, but all you're doing is creating incentive for them to kick you or not requeue with you.

certainly not at all. every dungeon in here can be just about 4 manned.
the only person that is going to suffer is that one not wanting to humor a simpleton shaman like me by refusing to pas the lead. the other 4 of us will just wanna continue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Kid calls addons a crutch, yet relies on a crutch where he must have the tank in a specific spot in the party.

OK. Just do mouseover macros. They're really fun and really easy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/25/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Nasonia
Kid calls addons a crutch, yet relies on a crutch where he must have the tank in a specific spot in the party.
ok ill agree. so its ok to have yours and not mine?

01/25/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Nasonia
OK. Just do mouseover macros. They're really fun and really easy.
not interested. thats justification enough for me to continue on asking. you like addons and macroes fine. more power to you. i want it done the traditional way.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/25/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Wafectus
i want it done the traditional way.

Macros have been a part of the game since release, as far as I'm aware. They ARE traditional.

so its ok to have yours and not mine?

Yours requires other people to take actions on your behalf. Ours makes life better for everyone.

So yes.
Edited by Gruklaar on 1/25/2013 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
i like to think since i dont use mods of any kind it makes me more of a skilled player since i have to rely on just the tools blizzard gave me.

If you want to believe this then that's fine, and if you want to not use mods or macros because they taint the pure healing way or whatever then that's fine too.

But don't subject everyone else to your ridiculous problems and punish them just because you're some sort of relic. If you're really that skilled of a healer you could heal the tank just fine no matter what position in the group he's in (like the rest of us).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
not interested. thats justification enough for me to continue on asking. you like addons and macroes fine. more power to you. i want it done the traditional way.

No one ever did it like that. Vanilla healing priests had addons that chose the correct rank of a spell to heal the target to maximum with the minimum overhealing and also cancel the spell if the target received a heal beforehand.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Macros have been in the game since release. I'm pretty sure that's as traditional as it gets.
Edited by Nasonia on 1/25/2013 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Vindagor
If you're really that skilled of a healer you could heal the tank just fine no matter what position in the group he's in (like the rest of us).

This is 100% the truth.
Reply Quote
wow... I healed from 1-80 and even through some of naxx without a single addon, and not once... did I ask for lead to be passed for anything other than marking when/if needed (back when only leader could mark in a party as well).

1) If you really are as skilled as you imply, it wouldn't matter, what you have is a "habit" and not skill if you need a certain button to correspond to a specific role.

2) Denying someone healing because they won't do what you ask (even if they are just doing it to be a butthead) makes you as much if not more of a butthead as they are. Don't force others to compensate for your weakness, learn to overcome them.

3) Healing the way you are healing is severely gimping your potential output and ability once you have to move beyond healing 5 players and possibly their pets...

Other than that, there are no flaws in your approach...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]