Only Display Character Achievements

86 Human Warlock
I don't think so. For example, when I look at your character profile Polar, it says your little level 21 gnome rogue has completed the Crypt of Forgotten Kings scenario. Quite a feat for a level 21, right?

Yeah but look at the last time he logged in with that character: Last updated on 10/12/2012

My guess is he would have to relog on each toon so that the profile will display correctly. I tried this on my own characters after relogging on each of them and it looks fixed to me!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hmm...I'll have to check it out, though it's hard for me to tell right now since all of my recent activity on any character is related to pet battles, and all of those achievements are account-wide. It would be great to hear from Blizzard if this is really fixed!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This looks fixed! Hurray!

Edit: Well, half fixed. Achievement count and activity feed are correct on character pages, both website and mobile. But the total displayed on the forums is still the total achievements, not character specific.
Edited by Brianta on 4/7/2013 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, I'd say half-fixed at best. This character for example. This one is showing an achievement that she didn't earn, but I haven't logged her since the last patch. The achievement was earned by a different character just this last weekend. I think I'll reserve judgement until I get a non-account-wide achievement again, so that I can tell whether I'll have to log into every character after I get that achievement to get it to not show up on everyone's feed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Okay, here's what I suspect is happening with this. See this character (it's my husband's and I have his permission to post this link here and use his character as an example):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Gates/simple

Last updated on 4/6/13, which means that's the date he last logged in on that character, right? Yet in the activity feed, it shows That Rabbit's Dynamite, obtained one day ago (he and I formed a raid to kill that rabbit on Sunday morning, with his level 90 horde priest).

Gates was logged into the game since the patch that supposedly fixed this achievements issue, but hasn't been logged in since he obtained that achievement for killing the Darkmoon Rabbit on his priest.

Therefore, what seems to be happening is that when you get an achievement on any character, it will show up on all of your characters until each one is logged into the game after the achievement is obtained.

As I said in my last post, it's half-fixed at best. You shouldn't have to log in on every character each and every time you get an achievement that's not account-wide to make sure that the achievements are showing correctly (or not showing, as the case may be). If this is working as intended, it's not really good enough.

Edited for clarity.
Edited by Tarani on 4/8/2013 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
04/08/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Tarani
Therefore, what seems to be happening is that when you get an achievement on any character, it will show up on all of your characters until each one is logged into the game after the achievement is obtained.

Not exactly. It seems to me that the way the checkbox is intended to work is on a per character basis. All you need to do is login for each character (one time) and check the box for "Only display character achievements". Once you have the box checked and you logout on that character you will no longer see any past, present, or future achievements earned by your other characters.
Edited by Omegadots on 4/12/2013 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
Okay, here's what I suspect is happening with this. See this character (it's my husband's and I have his permission to post this link here and use his character as an example):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Gates/simple

Last updated on 4/6/13, which means that's the date he last logged in on that character, right? Yet in the activity feed, it shows That Rabbit's Dynamite, obtained one day ago (he and I formed a raid to kill that rabbit on Sunday morning, with his level 90 horde priest).

Gates was logged into the game since the patch that supposedly fixed this achievements issue, but hasn't been logged in since he obtained that achievement for killing the Darkmoon Rabbit on his priest.

As I said in my last post, it's half-fixed at best. You shouldn't have to log in on every character each and every time you get an achievement that's not account-wide to make sure that the achievements are showing correctly (or not showing, as the case may be). If this is working as intended, it's not really good enough.

Edited for clarity.

Right now Gates doesn't have the in game option checked (according to the current version of the profile on the 6th), and this means we load account wide achievements for his armory profile.

If the Gates character logs in, checks the display only character achievements box and logs out his web profile should update and no longer show any account achievements or achievements earned by other characters.

The in game option only applies to the current character, so if you want all of your characters to not display account level data, then you need to log into each one and check that option once. From then on (unless you uncheck it and log out) account data shouldn't show up on their profile.

If you're not seeing this behavior please let us know, but everything looks ok on the Gates character since they don't have the option checked and are showing account level data.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ahhh, I thought he'd checked all those boxes for all of his characters.

/smacksmanwithrolledupmagazine ;-)

Thanks for checking that out Peratryn. We'll have a look at the activity feeds for all of our characters to make sure we're not seeing anything strange. Hoping it's really fixed! :-D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]