Unique Mounts

90 Pandaren Monk
This may be a moot point but I would love to see blizz come out sooner or later.....*cough sooner*, with class mounts for EACH of the classes....not just Locks and Pally's. Yes I know, trying to embody the essence of a class into that of a mount is difficult at best but please give it a shot. Also, bring back the quests for lock mounts and pally mounts.

For example:
Hunters could be propositioned to track down and tame their mount.... they have to for some of the supper rare companions.
Shamans could have an elemental based mount that takes on various forms with regards to either being on the ground or taking flight in the air.
Warriors being the embodiment of tanking and durability, who can take a beating and survive could receive a mount that is as durable and tough as they are.
The magi could be given something conjured out of the ether.... similar to the way they conjure their water elemental, bringing it into existence.
As for a Priest...now that is a difficult one. It would have to be a mount that personified the priests' essence for protection and giving of life.
Rogues' could get a creature such as...reaching back into D&D knowledge here, a displacer beast or some other animal which through the use of poisons and stealth takes down their prey.
Now for monks.... I would like to see them have a mount which embodies their tranquil yet combat competent nature... not to mention their love of good food, good drink and friends.

I know this is a tall order which may seem completely out of the mainstream, but it seems to me as though we (the players) are intentionally losing what makes our class unique. Yes, yes we all fall into categories of (Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, and Heals) but were does our uniqueness come in, why must we be so homogenized. I feel that characters ought show their sense of uniqueness not only in their game play but in the way they explore the environment as well.

P.S. Now that the short comment has been made long...... thank you for a great game. I have really enjoyed Pandaria and can't wait for the up and coming 5.2 patch.... Dino riders here we come.... I know, lame, but hey that is okay. The point is to have fun in life, don't stress over trying to fit into the norm, being yourself is the best way to be.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
As for a Priest...now that is a difficult one. It would have to be a mount that personified the priests' essence for protection and giving of life.

A white steed with golden armor maybe? White and yellow seem like they'd be holy colors

Any ideas for druids?
Edited by Yzzami on 1/26/2013 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Yzzami

A white steed with golden armor maybe? White and yellow seem like they'd be holy colors

Any ideas for druids?

If they worked the speed on stags, the druids could be their own mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
The exotic/rare pets are trackable only by BM Hunters, but that is a great idea. We should have to tame a druid in travel form. Or maybe the 'Inconspicous Bear' in Silverpine!

Seriously though, I think that the game already has cool models for mounts.

Warrior: War Wolf or maybe a ridable form of Protank
Priest: OOoohhhh... maybe give them an angelic flight form, Guardian Spirit/Valkyr!
Pally: Tyrial's Charger
Mage: Flying Carpet/Sparkle Pony
Druid: Have the quest come back for epic flight form.
Rogue: Armored Scorpion OR! A giant Snake/some other kind of creepy reptile (Protank would work here too)
Warlock: Same, but for flights, maybe firey wings on the Dreadsteed... or maybe a green firey flying dreadsteed.
Monk: Zen Flight
DK: Same Boney Gryphon... maybe a boney bat for the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Rogue: Armored Scorpion OR! A giant Snake/some other kind of creepy reptile (Protank would work here too)

Hey now.... Protank is a good young fellow and he deserves respect yo. Now why can't you kneel down and kiss his feet like a majority of this realm does?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I mentioned Protank as a ridable warrior mount first, that's respectable right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]