Is this realm tolerable?

64 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello!

I'm currently looking for a realm with a decent economy and a nice community. I know that there will always be jerks on every realm and what not, but some realms have the best communities and I'm making inquiries to see if this is one of them! I have a few questions:

1. Who is more populated on this realm? Horde or Alliance?

2. When is the peak time of the server, like when the cities start getting crowded?

3. How is the economy?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
1. Alliance, by far.

2. Normal times I suppose. 5-11 pm? I dunno.

3. Some will say it is "overpriced" but it's exactly what you'd expect from a medium-low pop server economy.
Reply Quote
1. Alliance, by far.

2. Normal times I suppose. 5-11 pm? I dunno.

Completely agree with this, except I wouldn't say the cities are ever crowded.

3. Some will say it is "overpriced" but it's exactly what you'd expect from a medium-low pop server economy.

No idea on the horde side but from info from my friends on other servers our economy is complete crap and everything is way under priced on the AH. If you are ever looking for a server where people undercut ridiculousness amounts then this is the place. I would say it's due to the lack of major raiding guilds which bring more gold into the economy. Less money to spend = cheaper prices in the Ah.

Aside from the AH issues I do enjoy playing on this server. The friends I have made are all great people to hang out with and that's really all I ask for (I am not a raider) from this game. Enjoyable people to run around Azeroth and kill stuff with.

Hope you find what your looking for in a server!
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Orc Warrior
This realm is kind of like a small town, as in, everyone knows everyone else, and everyone knows everyone else's drama. As others have said, there's cheap AH prices, a stronger Alliance population, and not really so much of a "peak" time. The cities aren't ever crowded or anything, you can /who Orgrimmar 90 or /who Two Moons 90 at any time and it'll be less than the max. Trade chat is usually either silent or being trolled. PuG raids are non-existent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I would say it's due to the lack of major raiding guilds which bring more gold into the economy.

that hurt my feelers
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I can't speak for Alliance side, but if you are looking for progression, I wouldn't recommend horde.

But we have a few extremely stable guilds horde side (ourselves, and Relic) that casually raid and, are more social fun guilds. At least we are, I can't completely speak for Relic but that's the vibe I get.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 01:35 PMPosted by Spacejam
that hurt my feelers

Not saying there aren't any, just saying there aren't a lot which I think would push up our economy if there were more.

That was also a good point from Padook about trade chat, its kinda the same about the alliance side except for the silent part, I would say it is silent every now and again, especially after I try to make a joke, but you will find people selling stuff or recruiting and that sort of thing a good part of the time and the rest of it is trolling.

One last thing, a good major majority of the population do not visit the forums or if they do, they are very quite.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ravencrest is one of the worst realms I have ever had to endure. It's severely underpopulated and virtually everyone on it is bad. The economy is awful, things are way overpriced and people still undercut by ridiculous amounts (ridiculously high). The community of Ravencrest is probably smaller than your family, and everyone is awful at PvE, PvP, and playing the auction house.

There are some good people on Ravencrest, of course.... but from a game-play perspective...Ravencrest is practically a wasteland and I would suggest going somewhere else
Edited by Dezie on 1/29/2013 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Ravencrest is one of the worst realms I have ever had to endure. It's severely underpopulated and virtually everyone on it is bad. The economy is awful, things are way overpriced and people still undercut by ridiculous amounts (ridiculously high). The community of Ravencrest is probably smaller than your family, and everyone is awful at PvE, PvP, and playing the auction house.

There are some good people on Ravencrest, of course.... but from a game-play perspective...Ravencrest is practically a wasteland and I would suggest going somewhere else

Why you so mean :(
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
01/29/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Dezie
Ravencrest is one of the worst realms I have ever had to endure.

Omg that made me laugh so hard by how you started your post.... So straightforward, but true. Ravencrest is terrible.
Edited by Theappfan on 1/29/2013 11:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
01/29/2013 11:01 PMPosted by Theappfan
Ravencrest is one of the worst realms I have ever had to endure.

Omg that made me laugh so hard by how you started your post.... So straightforward, but true. Ravencrest is terrible.

Yeah I'm sure the raiding scene on stormrage is awesome.
Reply Quote
9 Draenei Shaman
It is good but good luck at those prestigious server firsts. Those might have came easy in the past on a backwoods server but with the likes of Midnight Sanctuary, Progression, Opponent being top ranked you have your work cut out for you.

But hey what do I know, first place on ravencrest beats rank 100 on stormrage or does it now or are we going for ranks in world placement?

To the guilds still slaying bosses on the Ravencrest scene I for one salute you, and for those who left good luck with your endeavors.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

got to love people like this, who come to our fourms only to slap our face. ravencrest was bad for you, big freaking deal, your not apart of it so why should you care what they hell goes on here. i know many good people from this realm, and just because some people haven't downed all bosses in normal MSV means that this realm is crap and should feel like crap?

/end rage

but seriously. why would you say stuff like this, your not helping anybody, your just making this realm look bad just because you hate it

i don't understand why anybody who leaves reavecrest have to keep reminding people who might want to come here, that this realm is crap.

theappfan stated in a previous thread that he still has an attachment to this realm and is the reason why he still posts here, so why would you kick the thing you attached to? it just doesn't make sense to me.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

It sure is, being able to pug on my alts and getting further in raids than most guilds on Ravencrest.

It is good but good luck at those prestigious server firsts. Those might have came easy in the past on a backwoods server but with the likes of Midnight Sanctuary, Progression, Opponent being top ranked you have your work cut out for you.

But hey what do I know, first place on ravencrest beats rank 100 on stormrage or does it now or are we going for ranks in world placement?

If this is a shot at me, I'm not too concerned with getting Realm Firsts anymore. Also, lol @ posting on an alt.

theappfan stated in a previous thread that he still has an attachment to this realm and is the reason why he still posts here, so why would you kick the thing you attached to? it just doesn't make sense to me.

It's an odd sort of "attachment". There's an attachment only because I've been playing on Ravencrest for my entire time playing WoW. If I only played on Ravencrest for a short duration, I would absolutely despise the realm.
Edited by Theappfan on 1/30/2013 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

It sure is, being able to pug on my alts and getting further in raids than most guilds on Ravencrest.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Arkil/advanced

idk but i don't think most guilds are 0/16
Edited by Spacejam on 1/30/2013 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Orc Warrior
Here we go again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

got to love people like this, who come to our fourms only to slap our face. ravencrest was bad for you, big freaking deal, your not apart of it so why should you care what they hell goes on here. i know many good people from this realm, and just because some people haven't downed all bosses in normal MSV means that this realm is crap and should feel like crap?

/end rage

but seriously. why would you say stuff like this, your not helping anybody, your just making this realm look bad just because you hate it

i don't understand why anybody who leaves reavecrest have to keep reminding people who might want to come here, that this realm is crap.

Well, I'm not just randomly posting hatred in a random thread. The OP asked if Ravencrest was tolerable, and I gave my honest opinion. Just because my opinion of Ravencrest is negative doesn't mean it's any less justified to be in a thread asking what people think of Ravencrest.

See:

Is this realm tolerable?
Edited by Dezie on 1/30/2013 7:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Arkil/advanced

idk but i don't think most guilds are 0/16

Most pugs on Stormrage go 6/6 MSV easily. However, the only pug that I've done so far the two tanks were having terrible internet connections and we decided to call it because it was a very late night pug.
Edited by Theappfan on 1/30/2013 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

the only pug that I've done so far the two tanks were having terrible internet connections and we decided to call it

Flippity floppity
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
01/30/2013 09:18 PMPosted by Spacejam

the only pug that I've done so far the two tanks were having terrible internet connections and we decided to call it

Flippity floppity

I've done one total pug on Stormrage at 4AM, so of course it would fall apart after people were having internet issues. I haven't had any free time during off-raid days to do any peak-time pugs. If you're on anywhere near peak time you'll see a ton of pug MSV, HoFs, and even the occasional ToES.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]