We like.... (except when it is Moonkins)

90 Worgen Druid
02/12/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Suprêmacy

9% buff to our nukes, though I really don't know why. (honestly, no idea why we got this buff)

what?! where?!?!?!

It's buried in the ptr 2 thread but it's there.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

what?! where?!?!?!

if this is true, im going to go buy people food for free around here >.>
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I accept gift cards!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hurricane/Astral Storm is the reason I dislike my Boomkin so much this expansion.

Mushrooms and SnF weaving were actually engaging and required a lot of work. I LOATHE using hurricane and wish it didn't exist.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hurricane/Astral Storm is the reason I dislike my Boomkin so much this expansion.

Mushrooms and SnF weaving were actually engaging and required a lot of work. I LOATHE using hurricane and wish it didn't exist.

Wild Mushrooms...should have NEVER EVER BEEN INVENTED. We have an aoe spell, that's it, that's all I need on 5+ mobs pulls, I don't need to spend 4 GCD's PLANTING.
And this also proves the OPs point, how many other specs have a completely useless baseline spell? "Plant them before the fight" WHAT??? You want to use mushrooms, make it a passive proc that we only have to detonate, asking us to waste time cultivating a fungus garden to do aoe is over 9000 stupid.

And back to Owl's point, how are you other caster's liking the movement dps? Workin out for ya? Enjoying it much?

Oh and warlocks, how's that chaos bolt treating you? 3 second cast time, always crits? Makes my 2.7 cast time starfire look like a bloated, wimpy, @$$hole.

Which druid spec got two of their best survival baseline abilities made into talents...and then proceeded to have them nerfed? He's absolutely correct, people who choose SotF are ACTUALLY MADE FUN OF. It's that bad for us. Displacer beast puts us into cat form???? WHY DOES BLIZZ LIKE FERAL MORE THAN US? Just call it, "Displacer druid" there's no need for cat form to have a blink.

And yeah, Nature's Grace is what murder's us in movement. Can you put it back to proccing whenever we crit with a shorter duration? Asking us to pop eclipse...then asking us to move with the buff ticking away taunting us, knowing it's going to take us forever and a year to get to the other eclipse...oi vey.

If you'd all like proof on how bad boomkin are ignored (and druids in general)...I give you, symbiosis. At least it works sometimes for guardian and resto. But blizz just couldn't put forth the man power to think up a lvl 87 baseline for us, so they gave us all your spells...except they suck and are useless for pve, and are a damn necessity for pvp....O.M.G.
Edited by Nexian on 2/13/2013 1:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/12/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Suprêmacy

Of all the issues with the spec, you're settling for... a 9% damage increase to nukes?

And one that's unlikely to persist too. Watch as Starsurge is nerfed during 5.2 for being "too bursty".
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This character has been my main since I started this game in Vanilla. Well not anymore, I tell you. I can't stand playing it now. Every spec just feels clunky, boring, or just too much work for not enough payoff.

I leveled my Warlock finally a couple weeks ago and he became my new main. Demonology is just a hell of a lot more fun with actually decent AoE and single target. Only thing I find kind of disappointing is Chaos Wave hitting like a feather, spamming Touch of Chaos in Meta and having to balance between 700 and 1000 Demonic Fury.

Yet still the spec is ten times better than what Balance has turned into. It's a shame as well since I loved being half and astromancer. Oh well...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/13/2013 02:30 AMPosted by Litchi

Of all the issues with the spec, you're settling for... a 9% damage increase to nukes?

And one that's unlikely to persist too. Watch as Starsurge is nerfed during 5.2 for being "too bursty".

at this point in time? Ill take anything.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
Yet again, travel takes me out of WoW time, but I thought I'll update after following up with posts here and patch notes.

Moonkins are middle of the pack overall even with your 9% buffs, and though we are thankful, we would like to know why you choose to buff only nukes when tuning our DPS? This isn't the first time this has happened either.

Ever since the initial revamp of the Balance tree, i.e. the introduction of Eclipse, there's been at least 5-6 times that you've gone in an increased the damage of Wrath/Starfire and/or Starsurge.

Are the devs really out of ideas on how to improve Balance druid DPS? We've made threads after threads, mostly with a lot of great feedback. I don't say discussion, because that involves both parties - the devs + players - voicing *SOME* opinion. Perhaps you disagree with every little word we are saying - and that's acceptable, but what's not is the fact that you ignore every single post.

Yes, I'm using the I-word. Because GC, no matter how you slice it, this is exactly how it has panned out. Our AE is super clunky - and still based on legacy stand and channel with zero secondary interaction. We're the unique snowflake spec (out of the pool of 34 specs) that has no major glyphs interacting with our spells. I still need to work twice as hard as my counterpart caster DPS'ers to achieve remotely close to acceptable DPS, and it makes it extremely frustrating to play.

Yet, I'm 100% sure that you're aware of all of this. Really, what will it take for you (or any other dev) to come in and explain the state of Moonkins at least ONCE in a major patch cycle. Keeping the players in absolute darkness is the reason why Moonkins are one of the least played spec, and you keep losing long-time players again and again. Enough seriously is enough.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/13/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Wispurrs
Moonkins are middle of the pack overall even with your 9% buffs, and though we are thankful, we would like to know why you choose to buff only nukes when tuning our DPS? This isn't the first time this has happened either.

I noticed that Shadow got a fair buff too. The two specs have alot in commom. They both regularly sim rather low on patchwerk fights, but in reality do far better in a tier because of the number of Multi dot fights there typically are. Perhaps it could be that there are simply far fewer fights this tier where Multi dotting is used?

Also, Moonkins lost alot of burst through the lost of t14 2p and the Nature's Vigil Nerf. For a burst class, any change to their overall damage that shifts their damage from their burst phase to their sustained damage will ultimately result in a nerf in practice, even if it looks the same on paper. So this could also be in part to compensate for that. Just my best guesses.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
I noticed that Shadow got a fair buff too. The two specs have alot in commom. They both regularly sim rather low on patchwerk fights, but in reality do far better in a tier because of the number of Multi dot fights there typically are. Perhaps it could be that there are simply far fewer fights this tier where Multi dotting is used?

Also, Moonkins lost alot of burst through the lost of t14 2p and the Nature's Vigil Nerf. For a burst class, any change to their overall damage that shifts their damage from their burst phase to their sustained damage will ultimately result in a nerf in practice, even if it looks the same on paper. So this could also be in part to compensate for that. Just my best guesses.

It isn't strictly a numbers game though. What we've been asking is for some form of communication that sheds light to the path we're headed into. Seriously, I do not know what other spec has received minimal information or communication since MoP has been released.

Either it is so perfect that they need to model everything else behind Balance druids - which isn't the case. Or they are so clueless that they are too embarrassed or ashamed to post in our threads. I've made plenty of posts myself requesting for at least something that speaks of where we're headed. But nothing.

I said that this was the last thread I was going to make, and I'm staying true to it. My subscription runs out in another 3 months or so, and I'm not renewing it for this very reason. I'm not gonna be treated like a class-2 citizen for a 4th expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Cynical post again but any reply we get will be "please don't post threads about feeling neglected we care about each and every spec but don't have time to post for everyone". Great, then stop posting for the popular classes or at least admit that there is more interaction with popular specs/classes. Hint, they might be popular because they receive the most attention.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Boomies just got a 9% damage increase across the board. So what are people !@#$%ing about again?
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
02/13/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Zanatose
Boomies just got a 9% damage increase across the board. So what are people !@#$%ing about again?

[Point of Moonkin threads]
[Your head]

(respectfully speaking)

We've not really complained about overall damage output. Someone has to be middle of the pack - that's okay (in my eyes at least).

a) It's the method of delivery that we've questioned a lot - age old mechanics, very little to no evolution from expansion to expansion. I'm playing this druid - largely the same way), that I was playing it 4-5 years ago (end of BC) - wrath / starfire spam to no end.

b) It's the lack of communication that we've complained about - to this day, I've yet to see a legitimate blue post since early-beta about the qualms of the balance druid playstyle. That's going back nearly a year to put it to perspective.

c) It's the lack of player choice via glyphs and talents that we've complained about - 99%+ of the moonkins are using the exact same build in PVE. Incarnation + NV - if you're not taking them - you're doing it horribly wrong. We've been saying since early beta that treants are not scaling, or that SOTF will never scale at all, making incarnation a 100% de-facto choice. Same with tier 6 and tier 2.

d) It's the overall effort-to-reward ratio that's so out of whack that makes the playstyle overly frustrating. Not hearing from the devs about their point of view on the topic (for about a year now, mind you) is what people are - in your words - !@#$%ing about again.
Edited by Wispurrs on 2/13/2013 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
You know, the current Moonkin playstyle and situation reminds me a bit to what was happening to warlocks back in Cataclysm... somewhat-convoluted opener + mid-pack DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Mostly because no one was asking for a buff, just some QoL fixes. Starfall no longer hits CC'd targets....only took 5 years. No other QoL have changes made. Did you know Hurricane has not changed in 8 years? When I can post this exact post while doing my AoE rotation (Hurricane for 10sec, repeat), that's just a lazy spell with easily the least amount of interaction in the game (by a lot).
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/14/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Toucanio
You know, the current Moonkin playstyle and situation reminds me a bit to what was happening to warlocks back in Cataclysm... somewhat-convoluted opener + mid-pack DPS.

Well... Third expansion is the charm I guess. Boomkins stopped meleeing for mana in 3.0, maybe they'll revamp the spec in 6.0 like they did with warlocks for MoP.

But I bet it's keeping Eclipse.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

woo0O0O0O0OooooooSSSsssSsSsSHHHhhhhhh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]