Out of Mana Podcast Episode 3

90 Pandaren Shaman
This podcast shall take place Friday, Feb 1st, at 7pm est. This Episode we shall be covering 5.2 & the changes specifically to druids & disc priests! Have questions, comments, concerns? Email us oompodcast@gmail.com, tweet them to us @oompodcast, or leave them here. If we dont get too all the questions, we're sorry
Edited by Shammyren on 1/27/2013 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
The second of February is a Saturday, qt.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I fixed it lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
No questions?
Reply Quote
There have been questions asked so maybe people feel weird posting again... but...

even if you have posted questions elsewhere, please feel free to add the to this thread to make sure they haven't been overlooked. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
do something on healing class synergy. Would interest people, especially 10 man healers where it is a bigger deal.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I have a question or two!

If you've always used SS as a CD and PoH usage wisely, how hard of a hit do you think your healing will take when the patch hits in regards to discipline? Lots of people have been saying we're going to be worse off than we were on initial release. I hope not. :(

Will the changes bring more viability in PVP and will I have better survivability in arenas or are they mediocre at best?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I would love to hear people's thoughts who have played with the buff to Soul of the Forest on the PTR. Will that be the "cookie cutter" talent in that tier? How easy/useful will it be to gear/reforge/etc., to hit a high Haste breakpoint to take full advantage of it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Also, some feedback (just finished watching episode 2 on youtube):

- Less awkward pauses!

I do listen to a lot of talk radio thanks to my hubby's addiction to Sirius-XM but it seems there's a lot of nervous laughter, long pauses and awkward transitions. I mean no offense when I say this but sometimes it's painful to listen to in a "Oh man, this poor guy is nervous, I just wanna give him a hug" kind of way. Lol.

- Stay focused

I know, I know, I know. This is only your second episode but you guys go on a lot of tangents. I was waiting for one of your guests (I think Cat?) to finish answering a question that one of the viewers had asked, and after 5 minutes of the hosts laughing about inside jokes and personal experiences (which I didn't get because, of course, because they weren't really explained lol) she never got around to completely answering. This happened on more than one instance.

- Have a general idea of who is saying what and when

You guys were just flying by the seat of your pants. That's fine and all, and fun! However, it's a lot of one person talking (no names mentioned :P) trying to keep the ball rolling, and the others just kind of going along for the ride. Was almost like he was waiting for others to jump in and they really didn't unless directed to do so.

Overall I enjoyed it. I like to listening to the recordings while I'm derpy pvping during the day. Really interesting questions, good guests and fun to listen to. Keep it up guys! :]
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
I would suggest doing monks as well, they're getting some pretty huge changes as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ We plan to :D!

And thanks for the feedback Fluffy! It's still a learning process :)
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Fluffychoo
and PoH usage wisely,

Could I get a little clarification on what you mean by wisely?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
01/28/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Morenn

Well, I find that if I spam it all the time, I'm going to eventually OOM without perfect rapture usage (I'm far from perfect, lol). So like, I use it only if 4-5 ppl of a group of sustained dmg or when there is constant dmg coming out (like, titan gas or p3 elegon). Otherwise, I use atonement, PoM, cascade... blah blah blah.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/28/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Morenn

how to not have your finger cramp up from constantly mashing the button.
Edited by Sadiemay on 1/28/2013 11:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Fluffychoo
Well, I find that if I spam it all the time, I'm going to eventually OOM without perfect rapture usage (I'm far from perfect, lol). So like, I use it only if 4-5 ppl of a group of sustained dmg or when there is constant dmg coming out (like, titan gas or p3 elegon). Otherwise, I use atonement, PoM, cascade... blah blah blah.

Ok, just wanted to make sure the answer that I give is to what you are asking rather than I think you were. Thanks. :)
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Sadiemay

lol
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
01/28/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Sadiemay

I do stretches before the raid. I'm releasing a DVD called Finger Flex! It focuses the core of your index finger.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I do stretches before the raid. I'm releasing a DVD called Finger Flex! It focuses the core of your index finger.

I think I'll need this, for when I spam Healing Raid in Dungeons. Should help a lot of healers.

also, thanks for the feedback. We're taking all the feedback we get and working on making the show better.

Also, I try to keep the one person that likes to talk from talking so much, but since I sound like im dying atm, Im not much help. This Friday's episode should be a lot better
Edited by Shammyren on 1/28/2013 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Downtime is a good time to think of questions!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
We're also planning on talking a little bit about the healer set bonuses for the t15 sets
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]