Out of Mana Podcast Episode 3

67 Goblin Priest
Something for healing newbies like me. Or was this covered in the first podcast? I don't know, but I'll try to make this my first one. Works around my schedule for classes, too, which is great.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/29/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Aoz
Something for healing newbies like me. Or was this covered in the first podcast? I don't know, but I'll try to make this my first one. Works around my schedule for classes, too, which is great.

If you tune in, we have a segment where we will answer any questions you have for healing :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Only 2 more days until the Next Episode of Out of Mana.
Reply Quote
Podcast is tomorrow at 7pm EST.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
not an exact question really, but was wondering if, in a future episode you could explain a bit of your processes of researching and learning new fights and how that compares between ptr and live. perhaps even mention some of the mechanics in 5.2 fights that have caught your attention or are particularly difficult from a healer point of view.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/31/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Andrict
not an exact question really, but was wondering if, in a future episode you could explain a bit of your processes of researching and learning new fights and how that compares between ptr and live. perhaps even mention some of the mechanics in 5.2 fights that have caught your attention or are particularly difficult from a healer point of view.

We were actually planning on doing that this week, time willing. IF not, it will be a the first topic we hit next week.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I just finished your second podcast (I *cannot* get the twitch android app to work) and I thought it was great. I know you took a little heat for not having enough druid talk or whatever, but to be honest, I don't get that. The vast bulk of your show was about healing in general, or raiding in general, or specific fights, or even handling raiding with a non-WoW playing significant other - it wasn't necessarily about one healing class to the exclusion of another. Regarding allocation of time between hosts, that is something that will become more easy with practice.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure you had some positive feedback. Good job! :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Oh, and if you are looking for people that pvp, you might want to ask Keirisonis to help out.
Edited by Taymage on 1/31/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks Tay :D!

What's wrong with the droid app :3? Sometimes the iPhone app is stubborn is acts evil but eventually decides to be nice and work.

Tomorrow will be more druid, priest, and monk based but we'll still be touching on all healers. I've been "healing it up" on the PTR (:
Reply Quote
67 Goblin Priest
Could you guys do a part where you teach people how to theorycraft? I'm trying to cook up numbers to predict my healing, but whenever I go to WoW Head to look up formulas, it's set for level 90 toons... but I don't have one because this is my highest level.
Edited by Aoz on 1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
The twitch app purports to have installed properly on my phone, and it seems to be working. When I actually use it, however, it hitches and grinds every 3 seconds no matter how good my reception is.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/31/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Taymage
The twitch app purports to have installed properly on my phone, and it seems to be working. When I actually use it, however, it hitches and grinds every 3 seconds no matter how good my reception is.

Maybe you have to say a chant, do a dance, or feed it a cookie or something :D
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Aoz
Could you guys do a part where you teach people how to theorycraft? I'm trying to cook up numbers to predict my healing, but whenever I go to WoW Head to look up formulas, it's set for level 90 toons... but I don't have one because this is my highest level.

Maybe someone will want to address this, but... most of us do not do much (if any) theorycrafting.
Edited by Morenn on 1/31/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/31/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Alphadruid
If anyones been testing druids on the PTR would be good to hear some first impressions on how effective the new wild mushrooms are.

I was messing with it earlier as well as soul of the forest, plan to test it more tonight after raid and tomorrow :)
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Priest
01/29/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Aoz

In particular, making the jump from healing 5 mans to healing raids would be a topic worth addressing.

Looking forward to checking this podcast out. I like Convert to Raid, but they pretty much focus on DPS and tanks and not very much on raid healing, which is where I am at a total loss.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/31/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Belmyra

In particular, making the jump from healing 5 mans to healing raids would be a topic worth addressing.

Looking forward to checking this podcast out. I like Convert to Raid, but they pretty much focus on DPS and tanks and not very much on raid healing, which is where I am at a total loss.

I like that as a topic idea :) Will def. add it to the list thanks :D
Reply Quote
I'd like to see some discussion about what this guy is saying about Spirit and healing in general:

http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2012/10/08/why-more-spirit-is-not-the-answer-to-your-healing-problems/
http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2012/12/31/principles-of-healing/

His analysis does have some flaws (he talks about spirit solely from the viewpoint of a druid, ignoring the extra value it has for Disc priests and shamans for example) but the idea I find most interesting is: "The value of spirit lies in the spells it allows you to cast." That's used as the beginning point for sort-of-quantifying the value of spirit. He also separates short-term survival from long-term survival -- the former depends on spellpower, the latter on spirit.

That may be a topic for another podcast, though.
Edited by Heartsings on 1/31/2013 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'd like to see some discussion about what this guy is saying about Spirit and healing in general:

http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2012/10/08/why-more-spirit-is-not-the-answer-to-your-healing-problems/
http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2012/12/31/principles-of-healing/

His analysis does have some flaws (he talks about spirit solely from the viewpoint of a druid, ignoring the extra value it has for Disc priests and shamans for example) but the idea I find most interesting is: "The value of spirit lies in the spells it allows you to cast." That's used as the beginning point for sort-of-quantifying the value of spirit. He also separates short-term survival from long-term survival -- the former depends on spellpower, the latter on spirit.

That may be a topic for another podcast, though.
]

I doubt we'll have the time to hit this topic this week, but I will file the links away and the team and I will look at it for next week perhaps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]