Werid Drama

58 Draenei Hunter
We were doing a DS for a guildie to get the gems for the Legendary he had 30+ to go. another rogue in the guild asked to join and we explained the situation that this was for a guild achieve and the gems would go to the first rogue. He seemed to accept this.

first boss everything went well, secong boss the second rogue won the gems and we said hey! man what are you doing this si for Guidl achieve like we told you? He cpomplained were being unfair as he ahd been after those gems for ages so I asked how many tou got? He had exactly the 6 he got from that boss. So once again I explained this was for a guidl achieve and we woudl be running other DS and would get him his gems, but this one was reserved for Guild achieve as the forst roge only needed 30 gems.

To cut a long story short he left the raid after the fourth boss and the guild. his father also in our guild got invobled and left the guild also. My guildies were really upset about this and took it p[ersonally esp[ecially after the son cursed us out of guild chat before leaving.I personally feel we did nothing wrong as we explained the loot rules before we entered DS and he had agreed to them.

The question arises of what to do now. He has threatened us with he will return and make our life hell as a guild. For now I have asked my guildies not to say anything to them to inflame the situation or do anything in trade in particular. The threat may just be a case of sour grapes, but then again I never expected that sort of reaction from him or his father, who untill then had been ideal guildies with the father as a officer.

I just want a quiet life our guild has enough brain deads chasing us as it is. In reality there is little I think they can do against us as I said we already have brain deads chasing su both from Alliance and Horde side. Do we ignore and hiope they go away. theya re also wspering guildies claiming it is a personal attack on them. I set the record right and explained what happened. Clearly there is sopmething more to this then just gems in DS, but I do not know what.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Your mistake was not using master looter, lesson learned.

As for the rest, you were well within your rights to insist on a single rogue getting them. Remove all of their alts from the guild, and advise everyone in your guild to ignore them if they try to cause trouble, and make sure they understand that they can always report people for harrassment.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Mage
o.O I do believe you're better off without them.

If you explained the loot rules/reserves beforehand, there was no reason at all that the guy should have even gotten upset, let alone thrown a huge tantrum. Do not let him make you feel bad about this.

As far as the whispering goes...ask them politely to not contact you again, and then put the character on ignore. If they get on alts and do it, repeat the same actions, but then open a ticket and specify that they are using alts to circumvent an ignore. This is a big no-no. Eventually they will either start behaving on their own, or Blizzard will force them to.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Honestly, I would have gkicked greedy people. You don't get your quest /violin. I'm still on a Firelands Legendary, that I have been on for years.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ask him to stop. Then put him on ignore.

If he doesn't, or circumvents ignore - report him.

Ditto your guildies - they have to take action on their own behalf, you can't do it for them.

I will ask though, did you clearly state the raid loot rules in raid or party chat? If not, make sure you always, always, have it transparent, NOT just in vent. That's an aside - if you stated it upfront, you did nothing wrong - it's just a wise precaution to take in the future.

It ensures you're always in the clear as far as blizzard is concerned should any issues arise.

As far as your former members - I agree you're best off without them. Anyone who whines and has the attitude it's all about them and not the team isn't someone you want around for the long haul.
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Hunter
Yes I stated the loot rules and he aggred to them. Is starngest rage quit i ever saw.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Like the other player said, I'm wondering why you did not do master looter.

Was that not possible? Or does it just automatically let all rogues roll on those things?

He seemed to accept this.

That sounds different from what you say later on, that he "agreed to them." If he agreed, I'd not have phrased it as "he seemed to accept this."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hi Wakes That does sound a bit weird, but I am betting the guy did not take you seriously when you told him the loot rules and , he thought maybe he could get you to change you mind.

When you did not he threw a hissy fit and quit. The fact that his father followed and rage quit as well is utterly stupid. His father is teaching his son the way to get what you want in life is throw a temper tantrum... I doubt this is going to get the kid any where real fast in real life.. You do that to your boss and you will not have to resign, your boss will hand you your walking papers before your tantum is over. It is sad this young man is going to learn the hard way

Would not worry about him or his father, your better off without both of them. Just put them on ignore, tell your guildies to do the same and do not address anything they say in your realm forums or in General or trade chat..

If any one does ask simply say they were a bad fit for the guild and left of their own accord and you wish them both well.

And do not invite either of them back, even if they apologieze. They made their bed, now they have t lie in it. If they had apologize quickly like the next day after having a chance to cool off and admitted they had acted the fool , I might have considered re inviting, But that is not what they are doing and Bad mouthing your guild just sealed the deal.

Even when a company fires an employee, other employers take a dim view of that employee bad mouthing their former employer,, because their first thought is if he can do that to them, he could do that to me.

Move on, you did nothing wrong
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
As always Ssinfull, you give very sound advice/feedback. Out of all the people in this forum, I have to say, I respect your views on things and the way you post a lot. And yes OP, agreed with the above post totally.
Edited by Eliil on 1/28/2013 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
If that was my kid they would've gotten an earful from me and would've been forced to make a public apology in guild chat. The fact that the father backed up the son's behavior is a sign that you're better off without them both.

And /agree to everybody else's comments. And for god's sake next time just give master loot to the rogue or whoever is collecting.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Wakes
He has threatened us with he will return and make our life hell as a guild.

Well, I tend to agree that you should mostly ignore these two, they seem on the crazy side. For the most part having a short explanation handy if people ask you about is useful. However, if they are threatening you, they may already be in violation of Blizzard's terms of service, depending on what exactly they have written to you.

If they make actual threats to you, you may want to report them to Blizzard because if they have gone beyond trolling into actual threats you may need Blizzard's help to deal with this. There is a lot they could be writing that would make people uncomfortable but not be actual threats, and I don't think you need to quote them verbatim here or anything, I'm just saying don't forget you have the option.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Threats...TOS violations...not bright...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Kind of nice that this situation showed you what kind of people they really are. And they're not in your guild anymore! Yay!
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Hunter
Thanks for the advice and support. I think it was the personal and swift escalation of the rage quit that took me by surprise. I have had heaps rage quit but never to the extent of this rage.

With out going into details, it involved accusations about me personally that were libelous to say the least, a wspering campaign to my officers and guildies claiming i bad mouthed them. Even bringing in people, who they only knew as, leaders of freindly/sister guilds. It all occured in the space of an hour or less.

Thank heavens most are players I have known for years, even with them I felt the need to explain why I had retired as a teacher. I am still stunned and schocked by the events.

O well onwards and upwards.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Reserved items have always and always will be BS... Anyone does an equal contribution to the kill so everybody should have an equal chance of getting loot.
That said, if he agreed the conditions, then he obviously isn't mature enough to follow simple rules. Or maybe he thought having an officer father would put him above the rest. And the father's reaction was the one of an idiot who obviously spoiled his kid, if my son came to me crying that he lost a loot I would probably say something like "BOO-HOO, go cry to your mom...noob!" xD.

On the other hand all this could have been avoided with master loot, but if they were you guildies and you trusted them then it's understandable not having it, but I hope it serves as a lesson, master loot always tends to keep drama away.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/29/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Nalinne
Reserved items have always and always will be BS... Anyone does an equal contribution to the kill so everybody should have an equal chance of getting loot.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this. Especially in this case, the run was set up specifically to benefit one player to get the legendary. Everyone else who went must have wanted to help, no one was getting their arm twisted. If loot rules are established up front, and only one or 2 items are reserved, I see nothing wrong. It would be different if attendance was required.

The only questionable part to me was why master looter was not in place. And....maybe son and father had already been feeling they were at the bottom of the guild (in terms of guild runs) before this raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/06/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Lingsu
If he's not in the guild anymore how can he make yer life a living hell. It's a computer game. Like is he gonna force his into yer guild and toss over tables? Cmon youre smarter than this

Then you have never been harrassed , and stalked, it can happen even in a video game

I have seen what a few nasty players can do to a guild and it's members. I have seen what Cyber stalking can do. I know a guy who secretly got his friends alts invited to a guild he did not like just to cause drama in the guild.

There are a lot of decitfull ways players can make the ingame experience for other players miserable.

So just because you do not understand it or it has not ever happened to you, do not make light of what is happening to another player
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Agreed. Harassment can happen on the internet, and is quite common.

That said, I'm going to surprise you all and agree with Neblinna from a few days ago. Like, someone told me in a raid that I could get the ember for the legendary quest in Firelands (only need 1 more) so when everyone rolled on it, I just rage-quit the raid. Too much competition. I should have got the raid leader to make it clear to me that my chances of getting it were minimal as I had only joined because one other person in the party had whispered me that I could have it. It's a bit of a different situation I know..

There really just needs to be clear open communication between the raid leader. I just wanted to mention, that generally speaking, I wouldn't contemplate joining a current tier raid saying loot should only be reserved to me, me, me. The reason for that, is that people are still learning how to do those fights, so I am always just grateful when enough people are actually there working together to down the content at all.

Also I think the rogue quest was stupid, I doubt too many rogues got that legendary done in time, save for a few in the most hardcore raiding guilds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]