Paladin healing

88 Undead Monk
I've been out of the game for awhile and I've been playing my level 90 rogue. I've been thinking about leveling my level 80 paladin to 90 because I was interested in healing.

Like I said I've been out of the game for awhile. So I just wanted to know how holy paladin gameplay is right now and how it will be in the upcoming patch.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Idk... but I've been looking over the healing post in this forum, and my gawd... its mind reeling... I have been noticing that most pallys are prot... then ret... and then holy.

Just about ready to start practicing, but the rep grind is making me stay ret for a while, since there are no healing dailies.

Also, I hate dps... truly... want to go back healing.. but gotta ret to get the gear... and ppl still have a cow when you roll on Int gear in runs... so, getting necks, rings, trinks... near impossible.
Edited by Mialova on 1/28/2013 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm. What about PVP? How is Holy in arenas and rated battlegrounds?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy paladins have been and will continue to be in a really good spot this expansion. We have good bordering on great throughput, great utility, and decent cd's as well. Recently every healer that isn't discipline has felt a bit on the sidelines, but that seems to be addressed in the 5.2 discipline nerfs.

Idk... but I've been looking over the healing post in this forum, and my gawd... its mind reeling... I have been noticing that most pallys are prot... then ret... and then holy.

This is mostly because there are so few things to complain about as a holy paladin. People usually post to complain. Fewer holy paladin issues=fewer posts, which is a good thing!
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy paladins have been and will continue to be in a really good spot this expansion. We have good bordering on great throughput, great utility, and decent cd's as well. Recently every healer that isn't discipline has felt a bit on the sidelines, but that seems to be addressed in the 5.2 discipline nerfs.

This is mostly because there are so few things to complain about as a holy paladin. People usually post to complain. Fewer holy paladin issues=fewer posts, which is a good thing!

Very helpful and good to hear. Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Just about ready to start practicing, but the rep grind is making me stay ret for a while, since there are no healing dailies.

Also, I hate dps... truly... want to go back healing.. but gotta ret to get the gear... and ppl still have a cow when you roll on Int gear in runs... so, getting necks, rings, trinks... near impossible.

Buy the crafted pvp gear and grab some rings, neck, cloak. For roughly 3k you can be in dungeons healing faster than it takes your que to pop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]