Transmuting

90 Draenei Paladin
Can we get BC and Wrath transmutes off the shared cooldown with stuff like Living Steel?

I did a transmute of eternal water to eternal air for a friend and it ate my living steel cooldown for the day. This is just silly. I shouldn't be effectively penalized hundreds of gold for wanting to do a transmute from 3 expansions ago.

You'd think with an alchemy skill 200 points higher than it was in BC we'd have figured out a way to do stuff like this without the original penalty.

Things that seem to share transmute cooldown with Living Steel:

Pyrium Transmute
Transmute: Living Elements
Epic Wrath Gems
Eternal Transmutes
Primal Transmutes
Vanilla Element Transmutes
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I don't think we'll ever see the Primals, Eternals, or Vanilla Elemental transmutes come off the cooldown. Transmute masters would be able to endlessly transmute those back and forth between each other getting free procs occasionally. You could literally do it all day every day and become a Primal/Eternal/Elemental generating factory.

Pyrium, Wrath Gems and Living Elements don't really make a lot of sense though. The product of those transmutes can't be transmuted into something else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I don't think we'll ever see the Primals, Eternals, or Vanilla Elemental transmutes come off the cooldown. Transmute masters would be able to endlessly transmute those back and forth between each other getting free procs occasionally. You could literally do it all day every day and become a Primal/Eternal/Elemental generating factory.

Pyrium, Wrath Gems and Living Elements don't really make a lot of sense though. The product of those transmutes can't be transmuted into something else.

Pretty sure the OP wasn't asking that Primals, eternals and Elementals come off the shared CD so you can transmute in a circle, as yes that would be stupid OP and generate made bank.

Pretty sure he is suggesting there not be a shared CD between expansions.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My initial thought was that the caps be raised based on how old the substance is and have these cooldowns not run between expansions.

I see no real reason we couldn't be allowed to do 5 vanilla element transmutes, 4 BC transmutes, 3 wrath transmutes and 2 cata transmutes per day instead of being restricted to one each.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

I see no real reason we couldn't be allowed to do 5 vanilla element transmutes, 4 BC transmutes, 3 wrath transmutes and 2 cata transmutes per day instead of being restricted to one each.

I could live with 1 vanilla transmute, 1 TBC transmute, 1 wrath transmute 1 cata transmute and 1 MOP transmute.

Which is a hell of a lot better than what we have now which is 1 transmute, regardless of which expansions transmute you do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Dead issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/27/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Kybeorie
Dead issue.

If you're not going to post any constructive information, or add any content to the thread whatsoever, then why bother posting?

Back on topic, in the MoP beta, transmuting was changed to give alchemists three daily transmutes. One for elements, one for gems, and one for metals. This change however, did not make it to live. I for one, am very disappointed they decided to leave it out.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
I just tried to transmute living elements only to find it was on the same cooldown as living steel. This is just ridiculous. I have no issue with it be a one day cool down but to be tied to living steel cooldown is beyond reasonable. This needs to be corrected but seeing how blizzard is so responsive to its customers, I'm sure they won't do anything until a few 100,000 players leave out of frustration & they realize their bonuses aren't as expected. Even then~
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
There is only one Alchemist cool down per day. While a few things have moved off the list over time, the limit for those on the list has been the same since the game began, as far as I know. I don't expect any changes. What's funny for me? Lots of days I forget (or don't bother) to do them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Dead issue.

01/27/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Rubyheart
Dead issue.

If you're not going to post any constructive information, or add any content to the thread whatsoever, then why bother posting?

That is content.

Its a "dead issue."

It explains why the thread is moot. A dead issue is when Blizzard is familiar with a suggestion, but is not doing it at this time.

Repeat suggestions on the issue are moot. Agreeing in threads about the issue is moot. They already know that thousands of people, at the very least, want this feature. That makes it a dead issue.

"Dead Issue", is a succinct way of commenting on the issue. This is because it is a "dead issue."

Its content, because it is ALL that needs to be said; More information is moot.

This is a less succinct version of that post, which basically says the same thing.

The issue is a longtime known suggestion, dead issue.

It was a dead issue in a previous expansion, when earlier expansion items were still on the cooldown with then "new" items. Blizzard is totally aware when they do this, its not something that they forgot about.

Over time, Blizzard may remove some items from sharing the same cooldown. They have removed items from being on that cooldown in the past. They don't remove them because people continually post threads about it, they remove them when they feel its time to remove them.

"Dead Issue", sums up the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/02/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Kybeorie
Its content, because it is ALL that needs to be said; More information is moot.

You are incorrect. The very inclusion of three separate cooldowns in the beta shows that this is not a dead issue, and that they are in fact looking at it.

I've seen you post your random nonsensical hate in multiple threads, and just completely derailing threads. If you have nothing constructive to post, an no, "dead issue" is not constructive, then don't bother posting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]