new spell names for fish splash?

90 Undead Priest
I currently have

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\FishingBobber_ver2_1.oog
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\FishingBobber_ver2_2.oog
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\FishingBobber_ver2_3.oog

but when i fish it doesn't use them, i can play all 3 and they work
I'm not sure when exactly the sounds stopped working because i haven't been fishing daily lately but i know they worked after pandaria released.
A post on http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/fishping has a user stating that theirs stopped in 5.0.4 but i can't seem to find any documentation as to the new spell names or if they disabled this functionality.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13194-SoundcommandsforeverysoundupdatedforMoP.html

will have all the new sounds though good luck finding them. Try searching through it for Fish and see if anything pops up. Maybe it was just a slight change in name. Or if you get desperate, BlueSpaceCow lists new sounds at total of 1055. You could always try manually browsing through them and testing them one by one but that way lies madness imho :)
Edited by Sedivy on 1/27/2013 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
01/26/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Eyeballs
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\FishingBobber_ver2_1.oog

If your sound file looks like that in your sound folder, I'd guess that's the reason it isn't working. The file extension has to be ".ogg", not ".oog".

As for the location in your WoW folder, try putting the "Sound" folder in the main WoW folder (instead of the "Data" folder) so it looks like: "\World of Warcraft\Sound\Spells\FishinfBobber_ver2_1.ogg". That's how mine is set up and it works just fine.

(And, yes, I know you have it in the proper location according to the instructions on how to install the "FishPing" ... ummm ... addon, but I think I also had that problem with it and out of frustration just put it where I have it now, and, it worked. Why? I have absolutely no clue. I just know it does. At least for me.)
Edited by Mack on 1/27/2013 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
They might of changed which sounds are used for the fishing bobber as I see :

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Spells/Tradeskills/Fishbite.Ogg")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Spells/Tradeskills/Fishcast.Ogg")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Spells/Tradeskills/Fishreelin.Ogg")

In my listing as well as

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Spells/Fishingbobber_Ver2_1.Ogg")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Spells/Fishingbobber_Ver2_2.Ogg")
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Spells/Fishingbobber_Ver2_3.Ogg")

Mack is also correct - your sounds are using the wrong extension. It's .ogg not .oog

So try making sure the name extensions are correct and also try replacing the extra sounds I've listed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Thank you for the replies, however it's still not working. I made an error on my OP and the extension is indeed .ogg, and not .oog and they're on my J: drive not my C: drive
VLC media player can play them with no problems.

I even made the 3 new ones you suggested as well but I still hear the default sounds even for the fishcast and reelin
That being said it leads me to believe i've got the wrong directory since none of them are changing to what i've replaced them with.

I have wow installed on my J: drive (it's a separate physical SSD drive than my C:) but that shouldn't matter because the world of warcraft.exe is on the same drive.

When entering all of the /script lines posted above I hear what seems to be the default sounds, defiantly not what I hear when I play the sounds via VLC.
Edited by Eyeballs on 2/2/2013 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
You don't just have to have the files on the same drive, they have to be in the World of Warcraft folder that has the WoW.exe in it that you are using to play WoW with.

According to the instructions for the "FishPing" (so called) addon, the files should be in the
/World of Warcraft/Data/Sound/Spells/FishingBobber_ver2_1.ogg
folder. Basically, if you don't have the "Sound" folder at least in the same WoW folder as the .exe that you are starting the game with, it will never work.
Edited by Mack on 2/2/2013 10:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Perhaps I was unclear. If you take my original post

I currently have

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\FishingBobber_ver2_2.oog
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\FishingBobber_ver2_3.oog

replace all instances of C: with J: and all instances of .oog with .ogg that's how i have it setup
I installed WoW onto my J:\ drive and have the sound files on the same path as my wow.exe

The same thing is happening on my laptop where I have WoW installed on the D:\ drive rather than C:\
I even tried to make a copy of the folder on the C:\ drive with the same path and put the files in there as well but no dice.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
The main thing is: Regardless what letter you are using for the drive, or where your WoW folder is installed to (the one with Wow.exe in it), the "addon" still has to go in the main WoW folder.

If the "addon" doesn't work by putting it in the main WoW folder (basically "Path To Your WoW Folder\Sound\Spells\FishingBobber_ver_2_1.ogg"), then try putting it in the "Data" folder. If it is already in the "Data" folder. try moving it out to the main WoW folder instead.

As I previously stated, my installation of the FishPing "addon" didn't start working for me until I put the "Sound" folder in the main WoW folder, and not in the "Data" folder. I reiterate: I have absolutely no idea why it started working when I moved it to there, I just know it did.

Something else I just thought of! If there is already a "Sound" folder in your "Data" folder, try moving the "FishPing" "Spells" folder into that "Sound" folder. Even though it is in the "Data" folder, and some other "addon" might have put it there, that doesn't mean you can't add the "Spells" folder to it also (well, as long as there isn't already one with the same name in there).
Edited by Mack on 2/8/2013 7:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Still can't seem to get this to work... i have copies of the files i want to play everywhere it seems to be tied to the change to not needing a pole to fish. Anyone else have any ideas? anyone successfully modify other spell names?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]