Sentry Totem 173: Django Unchained-Lightning

90 Pandaren Shaman
This is our awesome OOC thread in which we bash trolls, ridicule bads, and discuss shaman-y topics of conversation. Anyone can join, and after a brief period of ridicule you'll be in our wonderful circle of torture.

Rules? We sort of don't maybe okay we have some.

1 - Thread titles follow the format Sentry Totem ##: Title.

2 - You cannot repeat titles or puns. You cannot break the format.

3 - You have an hour grace period to change your title. After that, no more unless it's breaking rules.

4 - Changing titles by popular vote is illegal. If you don't like the current title then get the next one.

5 - The next thread is made when the previous caps - 501 posts, 26 pages.

6 - Link the Archive intro (this!) and post that.

7 - After the quote, you can start the conversation. :3

SENTRY TOTEM: THE FACEBOOK GROUP
www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=112126518800194

Shaman vent!
cobalt.typefrag.com
port: 40147

yeah the old one disappeared soooo

also having no internet for days sucks
Edited by Chillbros on 1/29/2013 10:49 PM PST
90 Orc Shaman
zzz
90 Orc Shaman
10k Achieve points! :3
90 Orc Shaman
Beat you to them. Wimp.
90 Pandaren Shaman
noobs
100 Blood Elf Monk
WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO.
90 Pandaren Shaman
idk probably rude's fault
100 Pandaren Monk
01/27/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Mist
WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO.

my thought exactly when looking through forum on lunch break XD

also go back to the first sentry totem on this forum and get the full quote for the beginning post!! somehow it got cut off and doesn't actually explain how sentry totem came to be anymore
Edited by Leesinga on 1/27/2013 2:01 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
yeah the old one disappeared soooo

also having no internet for days sucks

since the old one disappeared and I'm probably not going to log on until Tuesday

Fist dropped on Wednesday
Edited by Endangered on 1/27/2013 2:27 PM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman

OF COURSE IT !@#$ING DID LABOUABOGYBASOYLGBLHABLGNB
90 Pandaren Shaman
I wonder if the new enhancement shaman in my guild will get 2x fist weapons before chill or rude.
90 Draenei Shaman
Old one disappeared because rude put it in all caps. Silly rude.
100 Troll Shaman
01/27/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Purge
I wonder if the new enhancement shaman in my guild will get 2x fist weapons before chill or rude.
5 bucks says he does. :x

E: Which will be (coincidentally) before I ever see my Sha mace too. T_T
Edited by Kegstomp on 1/27/2013 4:39 PM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/27/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Gistwiki
Old one disappeared because rude put it in all caps. Silly rude.

yeah that's what I was thinking
90 Troll Shaman
Working on H Vizier, I get to stay on the attenuation platform. Am I crazy for having so much fun with it? Like, I really enjoy this fight even though were !@#$ing up converts/p2s.
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/27/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Lif
m I crazy for having so much fun with it?

yes

Judging by the things you have found fun this tier, I would think you'd also enjoy getting root canal surgery.
Edited by Chillbros on 1/27/2013 5:56 PM PST
90 Orc Shaman
Ok, I need Enh friendz halp:

LFR Bottle of Infinite Stars vs Windswept Pages and Flashing Steel Talisman. I don't have either 463 trinket upgraded because I gotz no JP to do that right now. Thoughts? I'm thinking Bottle + Talisman because I can time Talisman with every Ascendance and FE if glyphed, but I really don't know how 2 Enh :x

Other questionssss:

I'm still unsure as to when to use Stormlash in my opening of a fight. I usually use a macro to pop racial + Talisman + Fire Ele, then start UE and the standard rotation. I'm still unsure if I should put down Stormlash right after FE, and when to pop Ascendance. Right now, I'm usually putting down Stormlash after UE and popping Ascendance after my first SS to follow with a Stormblast.

Oh, and for subsequent Stormlashes in a fight, should I use them right away (assuming no "IMMA GO SUPER UNTOUCHABLE MODE" boss phase soon) or wait for Ascendance to be back up.

Yes, I suck at Enh. :x
Edited by Korghal on 1/27/2013 6:45 PM PST
90 Troll Shaman
01/27/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Chillbros
m I crazy for having so much fun with it?

yes

Judging by the things you have found fun this tier, I would think you'd also enjoy getting root canal surgery.

Looking into it.
90 Orc Shaman
LFR Bottle of Infinite Stars vs Windswept Pages and Flashing Steel Talisman. I don't have either 463 trinket upgraded because I gotz no JP to do that right now. Thoughts? I'm thinking Bottle + Talisman because I can time Talisman with every Ascendance and FE if glyphed, but I really don't know how 2 Enh :x

My guess would actually be Windswept and Bottle because of the passive agi. Not sure how the timing may be for Ascendance with Windswept, though. Only other choice would be Talisman Bottle because of the good alignment and you not being an Engineer. I'd sim it just to make sure.

01/27/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Korghal
I'm still unsure as to when to use Stormlash in my opening of a fight. I usually use a macro to pop racial + Talisman + Fire Ele, then start UE and the standard rotation. I'm still unsure if I should put down Stormlash right after FE, and when to pop Ascendance. Right now, I'm usually putting down Stormlash after UE and popping Ascendance after my first SS to follow with a Stormblast.

For me I use Fire Ele, and Wolves when moving in and right at the boss, use Stormstrike -> Ascendance Stormblast, and follow up with Unleash -> Lava Lash -> Flame Shock. At this point I almost always have a Lightning Bolt about to go off; if I have enough charges, cast it and then drop Stormlash. If not enough, Stormlash and then cast when you have enough charges. You should almost always be able to fit it in perfectly there.

01/27/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Korghal
Oh, and for subsequent Stormlashes in a fight, should I use them right away (assuming no "IMMA GO SUPER UNTOUCHABLE MODE" boss phase soon) or wait for Ascendance to be back up.

It really all comes down to the management of your cooldowns. If you don't really have an important need for Stormlash coming up soon and you can use it an extra time if you drop it on cooldown, drop it on cooldown.

In terms of waiting on Ascendance, I don't really think unless you were in a situation where you will be blowing more CDs like Lust/second agi prepot that it would be worth holding off at all. If Stormlash doesn't proc off of Lightning Shield, it might actually be less of an increase and more of a potential loss due to Static Shock from UF not proccing off of Wind Lash--leaving you to receiving procs during Ascendance from Windfury vs. Windfury + our auto attacks.
90 Orc Shaman
Thanks, qt <3

I haven't simmed since DS, so I'll have to get back on that later. Also got LFR legs for Enh from Spirit Kings. MY PERFECT EXPERTISE RATING qq
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]