Sentry Totem 173: Django Unchained-Lightning

90 Orc Shaman
Some Enh shaman did 21k in LFR Empress. Imagine his DPS without the poison proc thing.

01/28/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Kegstomp
I hate people.
90 Worgen Warlock
Well pretty much guaranteed to quit WoW this year. Elder Scrolls MMO is supposed to come out mid-late 2013.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have a hard time believing it will be good
90 Worgen Warlock
It's been in development longer than WoW was. Bethesda Game Studios puts out notoriously good games. This one will be no different.

Keep in mind that the reason WoW is so popular is because it's basically been a monopoly it's entire life. While other MMOs have failed to dethrone WoW or really even make them quiver in fear of losing subscribers, I believe Bethesda will succeed due to its reputation. The other MMOs that have come out have been pretty lacking, and haven't garnered the same following Bethesda, Elder Scrolls specifically, has.

I would be extremely shocked if the game tanked. It won't outright destroy WoW, but I can promise you it's going to be an actual dent. I wouldn't be the LEAST bit surprised if the release of this game was a topic at Blizzard meetings from time to time.
100 Pandaren Shaman
Tanked, probably not, even GW2 is still going strong. But dethrone WoW? I doubt.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
nothing will dethrone WoW except blizzard itself when they decide to stop the servers.
100 Troll Shaman
zzz
90 Pandaren Monk
01/27/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Rude
this should be 173.
100 Troll Shaman
01/27/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Kegstomp
you had your chance
90 Draenei Mage
01/28/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Varlth
It's been in development longer than WoW was

This is the biggest problem. Great team or not, lots of development time or not, WoW has been in development for 10 years. There's 10 years worth of content right now, and 10 years worth of tweaks. Flawed game, with some (very) outdated components or not, it still has a lot going for it that every one who wants to compete has to try to catch up with.

Bethesda's great, but we've been hearing about "WoW killers and" games that will "hurt" WoW's population for years. I can probably name 10 that were hyped for a while. There's just too much freaking content in WoW, and the system in place really works to keep players involved, even if it's lost a lot of people in the last 2~ years.
Edited by Rhaenir on 1/29/2013 4:29 AM PST
90 Orc Shaman
It's been in development longer than WoW was. Bethesda Game Studios puts out notoriously good games. This one will be no different.

Keep in mind that the reason WoW is so popular is because it's basically been a monopoly it's entire life. While other MMOs have failed to dethrone WoW or really even make them quiver in fear of losing subscribers, I believe Bethesda will succeed due to its reputation. The other MMOs that have come out have been pretty lacking, and haven't garnered the same following Bethesda, Elder Scrolls specifically, has.

I would be extremely shocked if the game tanked. It won't outright destroy WoW, but I can promise you it's going to be an actual dent. I wouldn't be the LEAST bit surprised if the release of this game was a topic at Blizzard meetings from time to time.

Skyrim was well received due to hype and eye candy. The gameplay itself hadn't changed much from Oblivion, and it had several retarded problems that could only be alleviated with console commands.

I don't have much faith in this MMO for that reason. Probably going to be the buggiest experience ever.
90 Worgen Warlock
01/29/2013 04:24 AMPosted by Rhaenir
WoW has been in development for 10 years.

Right, but this also means that other companies have the ability to watch WoW and see where it fails and succeeds.

I don't think it will dethrone WoW, or be neck and neck with it, but I'm fairly confident that it will do some damage, and I wouldn't be surprised if 3-4 years from now it's still going pretty strong and WoW loses popularity faster because it stays more successful than other MMOs.

I believe WoW, whether another competitive MMO comes out or not, will be dead in 2 expansions. I don't think Blizzard is going past level 100 for players. I'm thinking, based on how successful Elder Scrolls is, that it could speed it up a bit.

You also have to keep in mind that WoW is the best MMO out there, but not because it's the best. It has a huge headstart and no other competitor has been able to make others switch. Elder scrolls has a huge fanbase, and I think that will draw more people than past games. And if you can get a big enough fanbase, and players you can justify making it better, and improving it, and building on it. Players make an MMO successful. If everyone quit WoW for Rift when it came out Rift would be in a lot different place than it is now.
Edited by Varlth on 1/29/2013 8:19 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
01/29/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Varlth
You also have to keep in mind that WoW is the best MMO out there, but not because it's the best. It has a huge headstart and no other competitor has been able to make others switch. Elder scrolls has a huge fanbase, and I think that will draw more people than past games. And if you can get a big enough fanbase, and players you can justify making it better, and improving it, and building on it. Players make an MMO successful.

SWTOR
90 Pandaren Shaman
Haven't been here in awhile. Hello again shamans and ex-shamans.

Hey Korghal. I replied to your recruit post. Get in touch if you want. No biggie if not.
Edited by Unthir on 1/29/2013 9:02 AM PST
100 Troll Shaman
01/29/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Endangered
SWTOR
So much potential then EAware...*shudder*

also : zzz
90 Worgen Warlock
ELDER SCROLLS WILL BE VICTORIOUS. JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE.

I'll probably end up resubbing to WoW, and being like Hi guys...remember when I said I was quitting WoW? Hah, fullofit.jpg
90 Pandaren Shaman
SWTOR is a good single player game, but fails in so many ways as a multiplayer game. Should of just been KOTOR3.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Single player could have been better too :P
90 Pandaren Shaman
My only real issues with the single player is they didn't really give any direction in where you are going, and all the damn talking.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]