80s Thread of Camouflage OP

80 Human Mage
PLEASE READ FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE BRACKET. IF YOUR QUESTION CAN'T BE ANSWERED THERE OR HERE, ASK AWAY!:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4175419674

Previous thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7416266698

Welcome one and all to the 80 Twink Thread; here you will find an information pool regarding our bracket and a directory for guilds/servers. Enjoy!

x 80 Twinking x

80 twinking is all about fun, plain and simple. Most of our twinks are either playing the WOTLK xpac or simply chose to not level their 80's. It is our game and we play how we want. We have access to the most gear, titles, achievements and stats of any twink bracket, which makes us by far the best twinking bracket to be a part of. Class variations and spec choices is astronomical here; how you want to play is by far the best way to play.

x Activities x

At 80 we have access to all WoTLK, BC and Vanilla raid content. We also have access to several Cata instances which provide us with BIS items. PVP is the biggest and most crucial part of keeping this bracket alive. Queues are rather slow as of lately generally 15-30 minutes. With more players will come faster queues.

x What is the brackets level range? x

The 80 bracket is from level 80 to 84. Whoah! players over 80? We will get owned!!!! :(

DON'T PANIC! While it does give them an advantage health wise, it is offset by the fact these players have to level up 4 extra levels in order to gain those MINIMAL benefits.

The only legitimate reason why a character will be leveled higher then 80 is to gain new abilities. Even then, the only other advantage to leveling higher then 80 is a very minor increase to primary stats (Strength, Agility, or Intellect) in exchange for a major decrease in secondary stats, like Crit, Haste, or Mastery. This will be offset by MOP greens, and possibly BoAs. (417ilvl with lvl80 req...)

x Let's get a twinkin! x

Now that you have a basic idea of what to expect in our bracket, it's time to dust off the armor and get cracking! Some very basic information:

Professions are a MUST. We have access to MoP-level profession benefits (for some professions) which give us stat buffs far in excess of what is normally reachable by an 80.

PvP is the lifeblood of the bracket. It's one of the few activities that even guildless and friendless (ask for Real-IDs/Battletags!) 80s can be a part of. There are standard battleground as well as 2v2 Arena. 3v3 and 5v5 Arena ques rarely if ever pop.

If you want to raid, it's best to join one of the guilds listed below, unless you feel comfortable and able to lead PuG runs on your own server. Make sure you ask before transferring.

x Professions x

Engineering and Tailoring buck for first place on the MoP profession list. Engineering is highly recommended, as the proc is controllable and it comes with other useful tinkers.

Engineering: The old favorite perks like parachute cloak (now a glider is useable as well) and the various belt tinkers (rocket boots, invisibility field, 18k shield, etc) are still useable, but the main attraction of Engineering are the new Synapse Springs Mark II- 1920 of a primary stat for ten seconds on a one-minute cooldown.

Tailoring: Gives access to 3 powerful cloak enchants-

Darkglow- Gives a chance to increase spirit by 3000 while casting.

Lightweave- Gives a chance to increase intellect by 2000 while casting.

Swordguard- Gives a chance to increase attack power by 4000 while attacking with melee or from range.

Only ONE may be used at a time. Proc is uncontrollable.

Tailoring also provides a+285 Intellect +165crit/spirit leg armor. Useful for casters and/or hybrids who plan on healing.

The second-best profession for 80s is:
Leatherworking. It provides an incredible
+500 to a primary stat through wrist enchantsas well as a
+285 Strength/Agility +165 crit bonusin the form of leg armor.

Leatherworking also has Stamina (wrists) and Stamina + Dodge (legs) enchants, meaning it supports tanking far more then the other two professions.

Other professions of note:

Alchemy: With the Alchemist's Stones that 80s are able to craft (350-360 of a primary stat), Alchemy is a decent choice if you're strength dps or don't feel like upgrading.

Herbalism: 2880 haste cooldown that stacks with on use trinkets

All other professions:Nothing here of note. You may level other professions if you wish, but none will be as viable as the ones listed above.

x GUILD GUIDE x

x ALLIANCE x

<The Condemned> - Perenolde
<Fun in Icecrown> - Korgath
<Puritania> - Kargath

x HORDE x

<Icebound> - Bloodscalp
<Axiom> - Frostmourne
<DONTGETMADGETGLAD> Area 52
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
You should revise the OP.

x 80 Twinking x

80 twinking is all stacking enough resilience so you don't die instantly against 84s... or for that matter, other 80s.

x Activities x

At 80 you get to run two of the cataclysm dungeons. Part of the fun is posting recount, and having party members ask, "r u a hacker?"

The 80 bracket is from level 80 to 84. Whoah! players over 80? We will get owned!!!! :(

Yes, yes you will get owned. 84s have access to gear better than heroic dragon soul, and for the slots not covered by MoP Boes, they can use Firelands equivalent greens. And unless you have a lot of expertise and/or hit, many of your spells will miss them... usually at critical moments.

x Let's get a twinkin! x

If you want to raid, you had better hope that they guild you joined is still active/ hasn't moved to 85.
Reply Quote
80 Human Mage

Yes, yes you will get owned. 84s have access to gear better than heroic dragon soul, and for the slots not covered by MoP Boes, they can use Firelands equivalent greens. And unless you have a lot of expertise and/or hit, many of your spells will miss them... usually at critical moments.

Hopefully 5.2 will help with this:
Players in low-level Battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that Battleground bracket. Players' base stats and spells are scaled accordingly, and are treated as the same level when determining hits, misses, and critical effect chance.

The key phrase there is "Players' base stats". If that applies to stam/int etc. without gear then as a geared 80 we won't have to worry about 84s anymore. If that actually means our secondary stats then we'd still be at a disadvantage.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Mage
some of the op was written by me.. before mop came out. xD

more fire mages
Reply Quote
80 Troll Mage
Fire mages? Where?

And lol at my internet crashing last night on LK......and while I was rebooting my modem I passed out from drinking too much.....

ROFL
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
So i checked out dual wield on DKs, for those who like frost, and like to solo !@#$ or bring down the house on dungeons, get windsong+colossus, that 8k absorb from colossus procs all the damn time, i hardly take any freaking damage, it's great

unless, you don't care and your a hard core "MOAR DAMAGE BETTUR" kind of guy, i can understand not wanting to have fun

also, the burst isn't as good in PvP, but if you have pocket heals, you'll actually survive a lot more confrontations.
Edited by Deadhannd on 1/26/2013 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
y u people have to play mages
Reply Quote
80 Troll Mage
01/27/2013 10:55 AMPosted by Burnthesky
y u people have to play mages

It's the dps :)

I also have a DK, Priest, Shaman, Rogue, Warlock.....and another DK

Bump
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
im lvl 80 warrior who decide stay at lvl 80 but im from barthilas i dont want server xfer or something , can an one help me please
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
Keep checking back, Ebonyz - last i was around here Auto ran realid PuGs like 5 times a week.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Mage
Grinding pvp gear is this bracket is a nightmare.

I'd really like to set up a jp farming group, speed clearing cata dungeons.
With 5 twinks, it would only take about 4-5mins per run(raz the slowpoke).
that's about 1k jp per hour, much faster than you can get honor.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Mage
01/28/2013 06:03 AMPosted by Ebonyz
im lvl 80 warrior who decide stay at lvl 80 but im from barthilas i dont want server xfer or something , can an one help me please

There actually is a twink guild on barth horde side I think.

Well that's who ran the last ICC(on friday) at least.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
i want lvl 80 pvp ! pve can be
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
wtb add real id right now
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
01/28/2013 06:15 AMPosted by Cindèrs
Grinding pvp gear is this bracket is a nightmare.

I've found its easier to get pvp gear once you have a decent pve set. Then you can obliterate people in pvp as quickly as they are obliterating you. At least generally speaking.

You can also do the justice point > honor conversion while gearing that pve stuff, to help get some honor.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
Lies, you just use it as an excuse to get them alone in a dungeon. We know your tricks...
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
If you knew my tricks, then why do you keep falling for them?

And a 4 to 1 ratio isn't exactly in my favor... or is it? ;3
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
level 80 warrior lf people to play with

real id : Strulxlx#1348
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
01/28/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Stilldead
If you knew my tricks, then why do you keep falling for them?

/shrug... i need the JP.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
guild name please
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]