Finding it difficult to play...

90 Night Elf Druid
Is anyone else finding it difficult to play because of the horde? I'm dead within seconds of coming online, and I feel that I spend most of my time running back to my body only to get killed again. It's been like this since I started playing again in December and it's the same way where ever I go. I like PvP but it isn't really PvP to me when its a lvl 90 against a lvl 30. It's not even fun to play anymore. Anyone else feeling this way?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
PvP servers are at a severe disadvantage since the implementation of CRZ (cross-realm zones). Now that we have 10-12 servers merged in low-level areas, you have to put up with level 90's from a dozen different servers who fly around and get their jollies from one-shotting lowbies all day. ALL DAY. I'm not even kidding.

When leveling up my DK just last month, Hellfire Peninsula and Nagrand were impossible. You couldn't complete a quest without being ganked.
Edited by Ozmose on 1/26/2013 11:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
It doesn't help that we share CRZ with the most heavily populated Horde server in existence, Illidan. You may want to consider just speccing either resto or guardian and spam instances until you get to 85. You can also take out your pvp frustrations in a slighty more fair situation through BG's, and get some xp through there.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
No i dont find it difficult to play because of the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
/facepalm

It's only a problem pre-85. Every post until yours was in reference to lower levels.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I get attacked (on my lvl 33 Pandaren) by horde lvls 30-35. I fight back and a lot of the time I lose. Sometimes I win! That's great fun. That's what I like about PvP servers. But when I have 3 lvl ??? flying over and one-shotting me every time I rez, my only options are to play a different toon (and pobably have the same thing happen) or just not play. I'm paying $15 a month to not be able to play the toon I want to play bc I stay dead. My husband and a couple of friends have already quit playing. I want to play bc I have never found a game that sucks me in as much as this one has (not in a crazy miss-work-and-forget-to-shower way!) and I would really like to see all the awesome zones that people tell me about. I had never heard of CRZ until Ozmose mentioned. So I guess I really don't like this CRZ! lol!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's ok, no one really likes it at all.

I'm not renewing my subscription when it expires in April (got suckered into the 1-year for free Diablo 3, which also turned out to be a dud) due to Blizzard's inability to accommodate to people who aren't satisfied with CRZ. If they opened up free server transfers, I'd move all of my characters and my wife's characters to a PVE server that doesn't suffer from massive population issues and we'd keep playing, but I'm not spending 200+ bucks to enjoy the game again.

Blizzard's ship is sinking with this expansion, despite some of the new/cool things they've introduced the collective result of their efforts has left me highly disappointed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Cant let other players stop you from playing a game. I was like that 8 years ago when lvling this guy. There was a time i was MCed all the way out of Ashenvale and into Orgrimmer at lvl 25 by 3 lvl 60s. Yes it was unenjoyable but i tell you when i hit lvl 60 i gave back to them what they gave me. Revenge is always sweeter.

I look back at those times now with a smile, it adds to the whole game experience for me.

You no how many times iv heard others say "Blizzards ship is sinking" or "im not renewing" and "This game is going to die." Been hearing it since Vanilla. I cant see this game dieing anytime soon, I just want this game to become free to play.
Edited by Darkprime on 2/1/2013 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Except that this time, it clearly is dying. CRZ wouldn't exist otherwise. Blizzard's attempt to make the zones feel more populated (hint hint, server populations are dwindling) has completely screwed up the leveling experience for anyone attempting to create a character on a PvP server, as well as completely jacking up the economy on every server for old-world materials. They've made it a complete pain in the !@# to level professions, but it's okay, because now you can effortlessly kill the quest NPC's in low-level towns and one-shot anyone on the opposing faction with impunity.

And WoW can't exist in the free-to-play model given the structure of the game, let alone the multi-millions in monthly revenue they'd forfeit as a result. There will be the handfuls of mindless drones that will never stop playing the game (hell, Final Fantasy XI and Everquest 2 still have fanbases) and servers will still be around likely for another decade, but long-time fans are giving up on the game faster than ever before.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Horde are jerknuggets.

There I said it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Sounds tasty!
Reply Quote
I find it difficult to play because of the Horde. I can kill alliance on my mining nodes. I have to just watch the horde steal them. Scumbags.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
gosh just roll a PVE server and stop crying, go hold hands with said horde
Reply Quote
That's actually funny to see this. When I play horde, I see ZERO horde out in the world, but the alliance are everywhere. (Post 85.. I haven't leveled any new characters in a really long time outside of dungeons)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
PvP servers are at a severe disadvantage since the implementation of CRZ (cross-realm zones). Now that we have 10-12 servers merged in low-level areas, you have to put up with level 90's from a dozen different servers who fly around and get their jollies from one-shotting lowbies all day. ALL DAY. I'm not even kidding.

Blizzard's vision for world pvp sadly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Vex
My advice, get a KoS mod like VanasKOS. It lets you stay aware of who is around you and if you have a beef with someone it will alert you if they come within targetable range.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/25/2013 03:43 AMPosted by Discobiscuit

Blizzard's vision for world pvp sadly.

You mean like when I killed you twice and you logged over on a horde toon to rage at me which fueled my desire to camp you for 10-20 minutes before you called in your ret paladin friend and I proceeded to camp both of you several more times before finally dying with my raid finder weapon and pve gear?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]