Quitting World of Warcraft, then coming back?

90 Draenei Mage
So I recently just quit World of Warcraft for about two months promising myself I will NEVER join back and starting my life without this game. Oh boy how I was wrong, so very very wrong. There is something about this darn game that makes it so addicting and fun in its own particular way, and no matter what , I think that if everyone says they "Quit", they will sure as heck be back. I actually quit to play Guild wars 2, telling myself that GW2 Will be the new World of Warcraft for me, but again I was wrong ._.
So if any of you have quit and come back, right a comment on why you did come back (:
May your adventure in Azeroth complete you (=
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Welcome back draenei guy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Welcome back!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Whoever bet that you'd only be gone 2 Months before coming back just won their bet.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
01/27/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Hippeaux
Welcome back!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!
Gabba gabba we accept you we accept you one of us!
Gabba gabba hey!
Gabba gabba hey!
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
I've learned, over time, that when someone declares they are quitting something - to not put any stock in their words, unless they have tried before.

I've "quit" WoW before, and at the time really thought that was it... that that was the end.

Clearly, it wasn't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I quit for almost three years.
It wormed its way back into my life.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
I've played this game on and off for 6 years...I've been playing continuously since last September, which is a new record for me.

I thought TERA would be the new WoW for me last summer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I quit three months ago and just came back. I don't even know why. The past week or so I couldn't get the game out of my head. I tried other MMOs and they just weren't the same.
Reply Quote
76 Blood Elf Warlock
I told myself after 8 years of playing FFXI - I was quitting and never going back. For the longest time I did drop it, for World of Warcraft. I sold my account, made sure never to go back. Joke was on me.

I went back, started all over again. I just recently quit again, I swear, this time I'm never going back again. I'm stay in WoW

XD XD
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I quit playing Ultima Online 8 years ago and have not gone back. Do I win?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So I recently just quit World of Warcraft for about two months promising myself I will NEVER join back and starting my life without this game. Oh boy how I was wrong, so very very wrong. There is something about this darn game that makes it so addicting and fun in its own particular way, and no matter what , I think that if everyone says they "Quit", they will sure as heck be back. I actually quit to play Guild wars 2, telling myself that GW2 Will be the new World of Warcraft for me, but again I was wrong ._.
So if any of you have quit and come back, right a comment on why you did come back (:
May your adventure in Azeroth complete you (=

A good way to quit and stay away is to not buy the expansion. My husband refuses to buy it because of the CRZ mess and he has been away for 3 months and he is so far removed from the game he won't even fix my freakin' addons for me! lol Point being he quit and I don't see him coming back any time soon if ever.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I quit WoW everyday and start playing again the next day. I got a lot of Willpower!

/HighPaw
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I quit WoW everyday and start playing again the next day. I got a lot of Willpower!

/HighPaw

Quitting's so easy. I do it all the time!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
GW2... I guess if you like pvp? I don't know. I don't pvp and I didn't really like GW2. Very little storyline and I found the quests to be badly written.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I quit for about a month, maybe two, in Cataclysm.

I always end up coming back for the people I've met. Not just "the people," they're mostly toxic trolls on my server, but the people in my guild and some friends always drag me back...
Reply Quote
60 Undead Priest
I've played off and on since launch. I just resubbed this month, but have since canceled again. I just wanted to see what the pet battles/transmogs/other new things were all about. The last time I had an active subscription was in 2011.

Actually, and I've wondered if other people have done this as well, whenever I need a WoW fix, I just make a new email account, get a trial WoW account, and mess around for a day or two, leveling a toon up to 20, visiting the old locals, remembering the good old days. After that, I just feel "meh" and it's easy not to play anymore. A couple months later I might do it again.

Don't get me wrong. I love this game, but I've found after a while I just don't enjoy the grind, so my method works well for me. To each their own.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]