The best just got better. UI by Blacksad!

I think it was stated earlier that the xp bar was made not to show, because it was something not under your control. If you level, you just level.
Edited by Frai on 2/16/2013 9:37 AM PST
90 Undead Rogue
So hey I'm still wondering what issues I may run into when I try to do this. Like I said the highest resolution I can do is 1440x900.
I'm guessing frames might not fit right, or icons might be kinda large?
I know I won't know for sure until I just do it, but it'd be nice to know what to expect.
Edited by Kiljagen on 2/16/2013 5:03 PM PST
90 Orc Rogue
02/14/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Actioncenter
Love what you have done with this UI. How do I see the enemys debuffs under their health bar?

You can do this multiple ways: Through Stuf, by turning on Aura tracking. Through Raven by setting up a bar group for target debuffs, or also by Weakauras.

I simply have only my appropriate debuffs tracked, because I don't care if there's dots or whatnot on the target.

There is a way to turn on xp bars, but tbh I've forgotten how. lol I'll dig around and look.
Edited by Blacksad on 2/16/2013 7:25 PM PST
90 Orc Rogue
So hey I'm still wondering what issues I may run into when I try to do this. Like I said the highest resolution I can do is 1440x900.
I'm guessing frames might not fit right, or icons might be kinda large?
I know I won't know for sure until I just do it, but it'd be nice to know what to expect.

You'd have to probably change the UI scale and move a bunch of stuff around manually.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
02/16/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Blacksad
Love what you have done with this UI. How do I see the enemys debuffs under their health bar?

You can do this multiple ways: Through Stuf, by turning on Aura tracking. Through Raven by setting up a bar group for target debuffs, or also by Weakauras.

I simply have only my appropriate debuffs tracked, because I don't care if there's dots or whatnot on the target.

There is a way to turn on xp bars, but tbh I've forgotten how. lol I'll dig around and look.

Would be awesome if you remember the way for the exp bar.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
nvm I figured it out. Someone else who was helpful told me.
90 Human Rogue
Black,

Is there any way at all I can change a setting or turn on/off an addon to allow me to see the debuffs/buffs currently on a target? While 90% of the time it's not game breaking, there have been several times where being able to see a certain buff/debuff would have been very nice.

The same can be said for PvP. As it stands, I can't see what exactly a player has on him, and even though I can see buffs he pops, they stack on top of each other that it becomes a bit too clustered to see.

Thanks!
02/16/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Mysticaal

Would be awesome if you remember the way for the exp bar.

Just to provide advice on that.

/bartender
The xp bar option
Enable it and you can position it wherever you want on the ui. You can choose the fadeout option so it isn't there unless you place your mouse cursor on it.
90 Orc Rogue
Black,

Is there any way at all I can change a setting or turn on/off an addon to allow me to see the debuffs/buffs currently on a target? While 90% of the time it's not game breaking, there have been several times where being able to see a certain buff/debuff would have been very nice.

The same can be said for PvP. As it stands, I can't see what exactly a player has on him, and even though I can see buffs he pops, they stack on top of each other that it becomes a bit too clustered to see.

Thanks!

You can do this with Raven, or you can do it with Stuf.

With Stuf, you simply /stuf>Target>Aura Timers>Enable. Then move them where you want.

Conversely, with Raven you /Raven>Bar Groups>New Auto Bar group (Target Debuffs, or w/e.)>Check Auto debuffs, on "target", cast by "anyone".

Then just make them look how you want (size, placement) and lock it.
Edited by Blacksad on 2/18/2013 6:26 PM PST
90 Human Rogue
Black,

Thanks!

You can do this with Raven, or you can do it with Stuf.

With Stuf, you simply /stuf>Target>Aura Timers>Enable. Then move them where you want.

Conversely, with Raven you /Raven>Bar Groups>New Auto Bar group (Target Debuffs, or w/e.)>Check Auto debuffs, on "target", cast by "anyone".

Then just make them look how you want (size, placement) and lock it.

That's exactly what I needed! Thanks a lot. Perfect now!
90 Undead Rogue
Hey I absolutely love the addon pack it's incredible but I can't find where to change the Opacity for Quartz! I still keep getting the white box and I changed everything in Quartz settings from 100% to 97.5% or 95%... Anyone know SPECIFICALLY where I change this?
90 Orc Rogue
Hey thanks for making this great add-on compilation, I love it! There are a couple of questions/issues I hope you can answer:

-How do you show buffs and debuffs on your screen? When I'm in PvP it does not show my Slice and Dice, Recuperate, etc.

-How do you disable those things on the left side such as raid and those things.

-How do I set focus? When I set my focus it tells me I cant because of an add-on, it gives me a option to disable the add-on, but when I click it nothing happens.

Other than those problems I think it is great. Please reply on how to fix these issues and thanks for using your time to help us.
90 Orc Rogue
-How do you show buffs and debuffs on your screen? When I'm in PvP it does not show my Slice and Dice, Recuperate, etc.

-How do you disable those things on the left side such as raid and those things.

-How do I set focus? When I set my focus it tells me I cant because of an add-on, it gives me a option to disable the add-on, but when I click it nothing happens.

Other than those problems I think it is great. Please reply on how to fix these issues and thanks for using your time to help us.

1.Raid frames should be bottom right.

2.Type /focus or use a macro.

3. Weakauras is pre-set to track everything.

It sounds like the install was incorrect somehow, or you don't have all addons enabled. Make sure to follow the instructions to the letter on the page, and it should go smoothly.
88 Blood Elf Rogue
Love this, thank you so much.

Just one question: is it possible to turn off the execute notification noise? And, if so, how? (Okay so two questions.)
90 Orc Rogue
Sure thing.

Just go into Weakauras (/WA), and go to the Execute 1-3 Auras. Go to load, and check "never", which disables them.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Few questions on this UI (I had to find this thread because your old UI is bumped up higher)

I tried reading through a bunch of other peoples problems to avoid making you answer the same things over again, but after reading about 20 pages worth, I got lost on which is which and where I saw certain questions. So I really am sorry because i know these are repeats, I would be exhausted of these questions if I were you.

First, beautiful UI, you should be charging money for all the work and support you put into this.

I'm mainly pvp, so my questions are reflecting that.

I want to see enemy debuffs below my target's portrait. Which addon in this package should I use for that? I need to see things like paralytic poison stacks, stun durations, etc. and wouldn't hurt to see my rupture and icon there as well

The other thing I needed was the combat notice, i know someone else asked about this somewhere. When i enter and leave combat basically. Best way to do this?

Did you ever release a video or tutorial on its usage? I realized that was the biggest issue for me is just getting used to how to use everything. You have "bar 9" as the only visible bar. I put cooldowns that I need to pay attention to more closely there like cloak, shadow blades... Is this how it was intended?
Edited by Silren on 3/1/2013 9:53 AM PST
90 Human Rogue
That is a work of art Blacksad.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
@blacksad

Have you ptr checked your setup for tomorrow to see if we will have any breaks in addons used? I forgot to check and am curious.
90 Orc Rogue
It worked fine for the most part when I did some raiding on PTR. There may be a few things which are wacky, but I have no control over it, and usually the addon authors update within a day or two. In recent patches, there hasn't really been much in the way of addon issues though, so I'm hoping that trend continues.

I want to see enemy debuffs below my target's portrait. Which addon in this package should I use for that? I need to see things like paralytic poison stacks, stun durations, etc. and wouldn't hurt to see my rupture and icon there as well

The other thing I needed was the combat notice, i know someone else asked about this somewhere. When i enter and leave combat basically. Best way to do this?

Did you ever release a video or tutorial on its usage? I realized that was the biggest issue for me is just getting used to how to use everything. You have "bar 9" as the only visible bar. I put cooldowns that I need to pay attention to more closely there like cloak, shadow blades... Is this how it was intended?

You can go into Threatplates and add any debuff/buff you want to show on nameplates. I have it set up for a few, like Blind, Gouge, and a few others, but you can put anything in there to show up.

Just type /tptp, go to Widgets, and then Debuffs. Down at the bottom is the "White list" of debuffs you want shown. Just type in anything you want to show up. You can change the anchor position to bottom if you prefer as well.

For Combat notice, there's the little icon on the bottom right of the unit frame which shows Combat, Resting, etc. You could set up something else for it, but I've not had any issues knowing when Combat ended, etc.

Yeah, you set it up correctly. Just put major stuff you need to know on there. The minor stuff you can see on the cooldown line above it as necessary.

I'm working on updating it, especially the addition of an "install" button, as the setup is the biggest hurdle for most people. I already have a custom DBM skin on mine, a few different auras and other stuff, but it really doesn't warrant a new release yet. Once I'm satisfied with everything and there have been enough improvements made, i'll put out a new release.
Edited by Blacksad on 3/4/2013 1:31 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]