The best just got better. UI by Blacksad!

100 Blood Elf Rogue
Np, let me know if you have any more questions. Enjoy!

I'll be fixing these oddball little things tomorrow and will re-upload it to make it easier for everyone.
19 Undead Hunter
Oh and while you're reuploading anyway...

On the various profiles for the mods there's a lot of blkui, blkui, blkui, blk_ui, blacksad_server, etc.

For those not as familiar with profiles it'd probably save a lot of questions to remove the extraneous ones.

Awesome compilation and setup. Thanks again for the time you put into this.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah, that's one of the things I was going to do. Just delete every profile and make mine "default", so it's a non-issue for people. Thanks for the feedback!
Edited by Blacksad on 1/29/2013 1:00 AM PST
90 Human Rogue
This looks pretty.

I might try it.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Even though I spend the majority of my time playing PvE, I spent a ton of time making sure it's well set up for PvP.

There's cooldown Weakauras for every Major defensive cooldown in the game which pop up when your target uses them, as well as the icons above nameplates to show CC's such as Blind, Gouge, Disarm, KS,CS, etc.

I plan on adding a built in DR tracker in the near future as well.

PvP feedback would be appreciated as well, as I'm open to suggestions to improve the layout.
88 Blood Elf Rogue
I haven't read most of this thread because it seems like it's a lot of troubleshooting, so forgive me for forgive me for asking if its already been addressed. Are you going to make a video on the setup or even just the features? That would be great if you did. It looks amazing but I have a hard time with add-ons and getting them to work properly for some reason. Just don't feel like spending to much time on it! Definitely going to pick this up though
90 Undead Rogue
Hex
I guess I'd like to try it but would end up having to redo all my keybinds since I use macaroon. Ah well might give it a shot.

Is there a safe way to preserve your old crap ? I guess backing up addons and WTF folder

Also I'd only wanna enable it on my rogue
Edited by Perforate on 1/29/2013 2:36 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Rogue
You can, and should, back up your Interface and WTF folders before installing any UI. If you don't like it and want to switch back, just delete them and paste your old ones back in.

You can save your keybindings seperately and paste them into your new folders, and they should swap over correctly.
90 Undead Rogue
Hex
Thanks black.. only thing is your UI uses a different bar mod so that is one thing I would have to do :) hehe..

It's not a big deal though I think I will give it a shot

Is there a way to make it so that I only have the new crap on the rogue and none of my other addons are affected by the new stuff.

I think i only share quartz and tidyplates.

Also for a bag addon I use adi bags.. I find it fine... can disable bagnon and just use that ? I am sure it's not big deal in terms of how your addon is working
Edited by Perforate on 1/29/2013 2:53 AM PST
90 Undead Rogue
Hex
Also do I need to use the saved variables and the crap installed in the account name directory ? I guess not right ?

Just wondering
01/28/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Blacksad
Wondering if this UI comp causes a UI error when trying to swap talents/glyphs. I'm using ElvUI right now, which does this. Very irritating, and I'm actually considering going back to default because of it.

That's actually an issue with how Blizzard has the interface set up for the new talents. They don't want any automation, so it's not allowed to be touched by addons which causes conflicts.

I get that sometimes, but a simple /console reloadui fixes it. It's not anything on addon authors end though, it's the Blizz UI blocking functions.

They're supposed to fix it sometime soon.

Ah, pity. I thought it was something like that, but I hadn't looked into it.

I know a reload fixes it, but a lot of times when it happens I don't have time for my crappy load screens (ie; arena match is starting) or I wind up having to do it 3x in a row to finally get the fix.

Back to default for me, I guess!
87 Undead Rogue
Looks great from what I can see, Blacksad! Hopefully I'll get some time within the next few days to give it a try; pretty bogged-down with projects at the moment.
90 Human Rogue
I haven't tested it extensively, but when I was reading through the comments on the link it sounded like we aren't able to see other players buff/debuffs. Is there a way to remedy this?
@Blacksad

First off I want to thank you for taking the time to make it though I have a large concern.

I installed it last night and followed the instructions. However for some reason my actionbar was not showing my icons all I got was a empty bar and my number keys still worked with the configured set up.

But because of this I was unable to see what I had in my toolbar. I tried to fix it but ended up making even more of a mess which prompt me to uninstall it because I couldn't see what I was doing in my raid group last night.

I would love to use this ui I was hoping you could shed some light on this please?
90 Human Rogue
If you're referring to that blank bar in the bottom middle of your screen, that is simply a place to put random CDs you'd prefer to have. If you look at the Skada box (which is the one to the right) there is a little tinier box in the right bottom corner of it. Click that and your action bars will pop up.

The point of the UI is to minimize how much you have on your screen. If you'd prefer to see everything, type /bartender and just play around with the settings. You can move the bars anywhere you'd like.

I had to go play with it to find my bar for only mounts and random oddities like invisibility potions, poisons, nitro, etc..
If you're referring to that blank bar in the bottom middle of your screen, that is simply a place to put random CDs you'd prefer to have. If you look at the Skada box (which is the one to the right) there is a little tinier box in the right bottom corner of it. Click that and your action bars will pop up.

The point of the UI is to minimize how much you have on your screen. If you'd prefer to see everything, type /bartender and just play around with the settings. You can move the bars anywhere you'd like.

I had to go play with it to find my bar for only mounts and random oddities like invisibility potions, poisons, nitro, etc..

Ok perfect. Thank you so much. I have been trying to find it everywhere on the bar hehe.
90 Undead Rogue
Hex
Yeah I can't see buffs or debuffs top left / right either
100 Human Rogue
Is there any way to set up this UI for only one character and not every toon? I've been wanting to give it a try for a while but I keep putting it off and I would really love to try it on my kitty alt before making the leap on my rogue =P.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
01/29/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Layke
I haven't tested it extensively, but when I was reading through the comments on the link it sounded like we aren't able to see other players buff/debuffs. Is there a way to remedy this?

You can set up Raven to show this.

I personally don't need to see the 20+ debuffs on a target in Raid, or care if a PvP target has a full line of dots on them, etc.

It's set up to show your buffs/debuffs, but not really anyone else's.
100 Orc Rogue
I would most definitely use this if it was available in 1600x900. Too bad x_x Looks really good and minimalistic as well, which is right up my alley.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]