The best just got better. UI by Blacksad!

90 Orc Rogue
Well, the main parts are centered on your screen, so that's a non-issue.

You'd only have to adjust the chat bar, and unlock the raidframes and buffs/debuff icons and move them. Otherwise, should be fine, would be easy to fix for a different resolution.

Eventually when I get time, I may cover other resolutions.
Downloaded UI

Extracted to World of Warcraft folder

Renamed Account (second folder) to mine login name, server to my server, character name to my name

Log in, no change. I followed the instructions provided by the website exactly, what is wrong?
90 Human Rogue
01/29/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Blacksad
I haven't tested it extensively, but when I was reading through the comments on the link it sounded like we aren't able to see other players buff/debuffs. Is there a way to remedy this?

You can set up Raven to show this.

I personally don't need to see the 20+ debuffs on a target in Raid, or care if a PvP target has a full line of dots on them, etc.

It's set up to show your buffs/debuffs, but not really anyone else's.

Fair enough. I don't really care what's happening to a raid boss, but being a raid leader it's nice to simply check flasks and food. Also, being able to see buffs in PvP has always struck me as helpful.

My only other question is if there is a way to darken the panels. I saw it was possible to do something similar, but it was basically either keep the way it is or make it completely black. When I have lots of tabs open and I can see through, it gets a bit confusing.

Regardless, fantastic UI! Loving the minimized approach and how you have the CD bar as well as energy and anticipation bars set up.
90 Undead Rogue
Hex
Initial feedback after installation

I like it but of course have some thoughts from a PVP perspective. (and I realize I guess I can go in and change this)

Combat readiness is not enabled as buff in the bars section
There seems to be a small set of timers and a larger on and they seem to overlap and duplicate
STUNS should be seperate and bigger... esp for pvp
Need to have some sort of a indicator that you have gone in and out of combat... very important for pvp rogues

Some sort of option for crits etc... I understand its minimal but I still find it fun to see huge crits on my screen :)

More to come
Edited by Perforate on 1/29/2013 12:46 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight
I love the UI from what I played with it, I need to sit down and adjust it for all my classes.
Downloaded UI

Extracted to World of Warcraft folder

Renamed Account (second folder) to mine login name, server to my server, character name to my name

Log in, no change. I followed the instructions provided by the website exactly, what is wrong?

I noticed this as well a few times when trying to install.

Is it ideal to delete the interface and wtf folders in the wow directory, log in without the blkui files and sign out, then go into the blkui folder, rename the folders and copy paste them in the correct locations?

What would be the ideal means to install this Black?
90 Orc Rogue
Fair enough. I don't really care what's happening to a raid boss, but being a raid leader it's nice to simply check flasks and food. Also, being able to see buffs in PvP has always struck me as helpful.

My only other question is if there is a way to darken the panels. I saw it was possible to do something similar, but it was basically either keep the way it is or make it completely black. When I have lots of tabs open and I can see through, it gets a bit confusing.

Regardless, fantastic UI! Loving the minimized approach and how you have the CD bar as well as energy and anticipation bars set up.

You can turn on Vuhdo's buffwatch, which alerts you to any missing buffs, flasks, or food.

Yeah, you can do anything to the panels. Just change the opacity and make them darker in the settings.

For important buffs/debuffs in PvP, the weakauras set up tracks them. Target yourself and hit Feint, Evasion, or Cloak, and you'll see what I mean.
90 Pandaren Rogue
Well, the main parts are centered on your screen, so that's a non-issue.

You'd only have to adjust the chat bar, and unlock the raidframes and buffs/debuff icons and move them. Otherwise, should be fine, would be easy to fix for a different resolution.

Eventually when I get time, I may cover other resolutions.

I thought so as well, since it's the same aspect ratio, but the font everywhere on the UI seems mis-sized (if thats even a word). Might take a little more work than expected. I'll give it a shot though, see what I can't do, I'm not the best at fiddling with UIs. Hopefully maybe when you get some free time you can make an official version xD
90 Orc Rogue
I noticed this as well a few times when trying to install.

Is it ideal to delete the interface and wtf folders in the wow directory, log in without the blkui files and sign out, then go into the blkui folder, rename the folders and copy paste them in the correct locations?

What would be the ideal means to install this Black?

Yes, you delete your WTF and Interface folders, paste the ones for this UI in. Back up your old ones on your desktop just in case.

When loading up, enable all addons. Type Reflux switch Blk_UI. That should cover most of it. The map, you have to manually go in and pick the BlkUI profile, and it pops into place.
90 Undead Rogue
Hex
Christ just spent 2 hours setting up all the $)(@# macros in the macros section and when i log back in all the things i Set up are gone... crazy
90 Orc Rogue
Just copy in your macro file from your backed up folders. Same with keybinds.
90 Undead Rogue
Hex
I created all new macros since the barmod i used before doesnt use the default macro system and it didn't save them... i dunno why....
90 Human Death Knight
I really like the Execute/Killing Blow weakaura.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks for sharing, giving it a shot.

Came up with a Dependency missing thought. "Masque"
90 Orc Rogue
Just delete masque, it isnt used in anything and shouldn't have been included.
90 Night Elf Rogue
ok will do. Doesnt look like it works with my resolution (1440x900 is the max i can go to) so im missing the hotbar and everything looks dis-jointed out of place. Also is there a version for people like me who cannot use hotkeys to save themselves so mouseclick the buttons?
86 Orc Rogue
Trying this out as I level my rogue. My computer at home runs at the proper resolution, so I CANT WAIT to try it out there.

However, I am currently using it on my macbook pro at work, which runs at a max 1440x900. It took less than ten minutes to set it up so nearly everything works properly. And a lot of that was simple keybind tweaking I'd have done anyway.

Thanks for a great UI to play with!

Edit: Definitely going to tweak it to use on my other characters as well.
Edited by Iunch on 1/29/2013 3:43 PM PST
90 Undead Rogue
First off thanks for putting the time into doing this. I do have a couple of questions.

For some reason, my scrolling combat text and damage isn't showing up when im fighting a mob.

Edit: I gues i shoulda turned on scrolling combat text.

However, i still have a problem, when trying to set it a focus it tells me taintforced has been blocked by an action only by the blizzard ui. Anyway to fix this?

http://i47.tinypic.com/25gxaat.jpg
Edited by Kaustix on 1/29/2013 4:07 PM PST
90 Orc Rogue
I'm not totally sure what those are, tbh. lol I've never seen them on my UI. I'll dig around and see if I can emulate that somehow.

Scrolling battle text is turned off by default because it's annoying, takes up screen space, and does absolutely nothing to help you do your job better as DPS.

If you want it turned on, you can do so under the general options.
90 Troll Rogue
Awesome work Blacksad. I will continue to use my own just because I've used it for a few years but your setup is truly epic.

Blacksad for Rogue forum president! lol
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]