The best just got better. UI by Blacksad!

90 Undead Rogue
Hex
I agree for a rogue it's set up really nice.

For a healer you would need to configure it and I will mention that at least for me the config portion of vuhdo was disabled so you would need to turn it on before you load your character.

Hope it helps!

----Vuhdo is about the same annoyance factor as Grid when setting it up. Maybe a little more due to the extra stuff it can do.

You won't have to configure it though, it comes ready to go. Unless you want to change it for healing purposes, et
90 Undead Rogue
Hex
Blacksad - Any idea why after setting this up if i tab out in full screen it will usually disconnect me from the game especially on loading screens ? It's not always but it never di that before not sure if it's a setting from your config file as it seems to look different when I enter the game..
90 Worgen Warrior
Edited by Anraeth on 2/1/2013 3:51 AM PST
01/29/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Aichmophobia
http://i46.tinypic.com/htchno.jpg

for those having this issue make sure your account name is your account name. It's not your battle.net email address.

what I did: Before downloading Blk_UI go to your WTF folder
go into the account folder
copy the name of your account. If you never had a regular WoW account before switching to battle.net ( which was a while ago ) you will have a random string of numbers. ( 729837923#4 for example. ) THAT is your account name.
Copy it.

When you download Blk_UI change the account name to this number.
If you don't do this- the game will create a separate folder for your account, and then enable ALL the add-ons without Blacksad's UI config. So it just looks like a bunch of out-of-place add-ons.

One of the best UIs I have used, love it! :D
90 Gnome Rogue
I'm trying to use your UI, but unfortunately I'm having some issues.
The most things are working, but the raid frame and the chat aren't.

http://i50.tinypic.com/kegsbl.jpg

These things need any manualy config ?
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Unlock and move the chat frame....>.>

Turn off buffwatch and the Tank frame in Vuhdo. (I think it's called Tankwatch or something similar.)

Sorry, not sure why those aren't taking, but should be really easy to fix.
Edited by Blacksad on 2/3/2013 9:21 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Rogue
As a side note, if any of you guys have a question or need help, you can feel free to contact me @ my battletag: Blacksad#1396

If I'm not Raiding or overly busy, I'm always glad to help out.
90 Undead Rogue
Hey blacksad, any tip to use it in 1360x768?.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Yes. You have to move everything besides the center screen stuff.
So an update:

Everything is running smoothly. I was going to ask where the Stance bar was but then I figured out /bartender was the cause of why it was hiding.

A small request, if you could find a place for that in your UI in the future that would be nice to avoid filling the bars up with stealth hehehe.

My main question now though is regarding the buff/debuffs at the top of the screen. is there a way to move/hide those? I know most of our buffs/debuffs is being watched on the bottom but those icons at the top are a tiny bit distracting hehe.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Glad it's working out well.

Yeah, Raven handles the buff/debuffs as well as the time text on icons.

Just /raven and you can unlock them and move them wherever you like, delete the groups, black/whitelist anything. Pretty much anything you can want to do with buffs/debuffs you can do with that addon if you dig around in it.

I personally just have W as my stance button hotkey and never show the actual stance button.
Edited by Blacksad on 2/4/2013 3:18 PM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
hey Blacksad I just wanna say great UI I love the combo points and the self tracker like recupe and SnD it helps out alot I dont use UI's but yours is being used LOL thanks breh
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I really like the look of the minimalist layout. My question as I am starting up again is I have maybe 3 bars full of things hotkeyed, how does one deal with only having one bar, or am I over looking something significant here?

Edit* typo
Edited by Siegereaver on 2/7/2013 7:26 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Rogue
The main bar shown is just to track CDs.

The actual action bars are hidden. The little button on the bottom right of the damage meter, once clicked, pops up the action bars.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Interesting, I will have to give it a try and mess around with it when I get home today. Thanks for the reply.
90 Undead Warlock
I love this UI on my rogue, really nice! The only issue I had was a white box (quit large) would constantly appear on my screen when fighting, blocking most of my screen. It seems intermittent. The only solution to this I have found is to disable Quartz completely, which seems to have resolved the issue, although I really like using Quartz.

Has anyone lese experienced this issue or know how to fix it?
100 Blood Elf Rogue
It has taken me a while to adjust all the frames to fit my monitor but I think it is almost there. I have a couple of questions that I cant figure out.

1. What is the addon that handles the player and target bars (your health and mana, etc). I can't figure out how to move them as they are slightly off.

2. The button that hides to the two action bars is moved through KG Panels but is it possible to make it affect 3 of the BT bars instead of just 2? I would like to click and hided/unhide bars 1-3 instead of 1 and 2. Is that possible and if so, which addon do I use?
100 Undead Rogue
Hey Blacksad, is there any way I can use this on my rogue but keep all the addon settings for my other characters the same as they currently are (without EXTENSIVE configuration)? Specifically, I have MSBT set up for my paladin, but im not sure how I would import the current settings when I install your UI. Ive already run it, and it was great on my rogue but I dont really dig it on my other characters. Also whats the addon that causes the black/semi-transparent frames? Thanks!
100 Blood Elf Rogue
02/07/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Siegereaver
1. What is the addon that handles the player and target bars (your health and mana, etc). I can't figure out how to move them as they are slightly off.

Stuf handles unit frames. You can /stuf and click toggle drag, and move them. Be aware that you'll also have to move your focus and target of target frames, and any Weakauras which are layered over the unit frames, etc.

You can add any amount of bars to the actionbar button. I'll post here in a sec what to do for it.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
02/07/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Devilok
The only issue I had was a white box (quit large) would constantly appear on my screen when fighting, blocking most of my screen.

Make sure all addons included are turned on, and it shouldn't do this. BUT, you can /kgpanels config and delete the art attached to Enemy castbar.

02/08/2013 06:08 AMPosted by Repatriate
Hey Blacksad, is there any way I can use this on my rogue but keep all the addon settings for my other characters the same as they currently are (without EXTENSIVE configuration)? Specifically, I have MSBT set up for my paladin, but im not sure how I would import the current settings when I install your UI. Ive already run it, and it was great on my rogue but I dont really dig it on my other characters. Also whats the addon that causes the black/semi-transparent frames? Thanks!

Sure, you can. Just install with the WTF folder in place of your Rogues, and instead of deleting your interface folder, paste the new one into it. If it has conflicts, you can choose to 'overwrite", and it will apply the addon settings. Just turn on the included addons for your Rogue, and it should apply correctly.
Edited by Blacksad on 2/8/2013 12:32 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]