Need Healing Advice with classes! Thanks!

90 Human Death Knight
So my last thread had me think which class to be, Im between a shaman and paladin and I now have a lot of experiance and combos at level 50 on each character.

Paladain cant die lol, and can do a great amount of damage + stuns. <---So far best healer

Shaman - Dies a lot faster than paladin and runs more than I like. <---Could be useing wrong

Monk - No idea

What I have named are my only considerations other than maby a druid if you can convince me. I want a class that can survive a storm and has one of the best mana regen. Aoe heals are nice too.

If anyone can give me solid advice with a class that they find the best (or suitable to my playstyle) please do! I dont care about having fun with the "funnest spec" because I find them all fun :D Its more what class is a juggernaut heals compared to rest. *Hopeully with 5.2 research as well would be even more helpful*

THANK you VERY much!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
A druid and priest are what im very experianced with but the 2 i mentioned above (or 3) are better nowadays. imo
Edited by Mikeknight on 1/28/2013 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you didn't like the running on a shaman, you will hate a druid. Running (and jumping) is what we do. If you just want to stand there and take hits to the face while healing, a paladin is your best bet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I can only assume you want to PvP heal. In which case, you're going to want to go pally. However, please, don't just do a FotM pick. Find a healing class that you feel comfortable with and go from there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Hey what does ForM mean? ANd im going PvP and PvE. What flaws do Paladins have?

Also I have a druid and the running wasnt too bad cuz it was very effective, but i went down quick is the problem
Edited by Mikeknight on 1/28/2013 1:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If the DPS can catch us, we do go down quick, so make sure you are using all of your CC and escape options, especially at lower levels. Also, keep a HoT or two running on you at all times for those instances where you do get trapped.

Paladins weaknesses are a lack of mobility (relative to other classes, they are MUCH better than they used to be), and lack of a wide range of offensive cc options.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Flavor of the month. It's a phrase used for the trend of people wanting to cash in or jump on the bandwagon for what's popular because of a certain aspect of what the target of the newfound popularity does. It's kind of a mob mentality trend. In this case, it's paladin heals.

I'm not too familiar with paladin heals, as I tried playing one and, eh, I didn't really enjoy it too much. They have strong tank heals, but are not too comfortable healing entire groups during large damage phases, from what I understand.
Edited by Fistlobster on 1/28/2013 1:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
From what I see in PvP on my pally he took on 4-6 people at the same time and lived for 4 minutes untill finnally there CC got me lol. STILL thats 3minutes better than any other healer.

And as for aoe, it seems like pallies AoE isnt bad at all...Not the best but still good and you're tank wont die :) So I've decided Paladin unless some other class doesnt go down "quick" when CC'd when there supose to run away. (Not my prefference)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Lastly, Paladins have great cc lol. repentance + Hammer of justice. Great times :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/28/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Mikeknight
Lastly, Paladins have great cc lol. repentance + Hammer of justice. Great times :)

Pfft, compare that to:

Cyclone
Nature's Grasp
Entangling Roots
Typhoon
Ursol's Vortex
Mass Entanglement
Mighty Bash
Cat Form + Prowl + Pounce
Hibernate (works on Feral druids and shaman in Ghost Wolf form)
Faerie Fire (keeps stealthy classes from stealthing)

Sure, some of these are mutually exclusive, but it makes paladins look pretty weak in the CC department. :D
Edited by Pipikaula on 1/28/2013 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/28/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Mikeknight

I actually greatly disagree. Their long cooldowns bring down their usefulness. Monks on the other hand have:

Paralysis (soon to be a ranged stun)
Ring of Peace/Charging Ox Wave/Leg Sweep (all extremely potent stuns)
Grapple Weapon (a disarm)
Disable (a snare into a root)
Spear Hand Strike (interrupt that can silence)
Roll (very effective mobility tool, negates slows during the roll)

Most of which are on a relatively low cooldown. Heck, Disable doesn't even have a cooldown. That list of yours is looking mighty small.
Edited by Fistlobster on 1/28/2013 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I love the feedback guys :D

Pipi im glad you know druids because I have 2 years experiance so hear me out here.
Typically when I do arenas I abuse the hell out of all that and travel form with leap all day. They cant catch me and I dont die. But there mana seems to run out more than other classes when its a long battle. (regrowth burns most of all) And they get stompped if targeted and cc'd because for some reason there reallly squishy. BG's as well they seem to die so fast, whereas a paladin has INSTANT heals that are great to just nuke a guy with full hp. And they have bubble lay on hands to keep a guy up even longer. and there speed move is 70%. Thats so fast and if you only need to use it once in a while when someone almost kills you then its solid.
If you can tell me where I am wrong I would love to go bak to the druid :) Maby I was playing wrong or just too undergeared because i was in a little bit of blues.

And fistobster you might take less damage but like I said above when you're stunned you're done basically if the group is good and it comes down to it. Whereas a paladin has a few tricks to not die and stay in the fight that much longer. If Im wrong please let me know :)

And again THANK YOU so much for you're time and help :) Its very appreciated!
Edited by Mikeknight on 1/28/2013 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Druids are extremely dependent on group comp, and we are very squishy when trapped and focused. To help with that, it helps to have someone in the group that is a good Symbiosis partner. This is easy in random BGs, but tough in arenas, and one reason I didn't do much formal PvP this season, as the people I like to play with are another druid (useless) and a shadow priest (Leap of Faith, lol). For BGs, a DK will give you Icebound Fortitude with it's damage reduction and resistence to stuns. A hunter will give you Deterrence, which is always a fun thing to pop on a ret pally who just blew all his/her DPS CDs.

Other than that, blowing all your defensive CDs and hoping you outlast the onslaught is about the best you can do. I have lived through some dicey situations by stacking Tree of Life, Barkskin, Ironbark, and Typhooning the masses away, but those are pretty rare.

Regarding the mana issue, just like PvE, you should Innervate as soon as you hit 80% mana (that is 80% left, not 80% gone), then on CD after that. Get Lifebloom rolling as soon as it blooms for the "free" Regrowth casts. That really only applies to arenas, or if you are stuck defending a flag. Anything else, you should be running away from damage more than wasting mana on trying to heal yourself back up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I like it but I just thought nowadays Healers get raped by dps due to w/e they did to the gear. My druid is excelent in bgs for running with flag but now when I try I get stompped to hard by cc there is nothing i can do. where I see a paladin taking twice as much as me by himself because when it gets CC crazy he can bubble and pop 70% run speed and find his group and re enter with pride lol, and doesnt find himself in that situation because the CD duration isnt needed that often. because they only really pop and get you low on health on their CD's which about = out with you'res. Druid has tree form but thats still CC able.
Edited by Mikeknight on 1/28/2013 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
basically comparing to see which would be most optimal in the worst situations
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Again, depends on your group comp. In general though, paladins are the most indestructible, so if that's what attracts you, definitely stay pally. The main reasons I didn't switch myself is that if I can get a good Symbiosis partner, I can outlast many other healers, and personally, I just found paladins rather boring in PvP, even if I was alive more of the time.

Poor, poor holy priests...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
lol I hear you. You know which healer has the best mana management?
Edited by Mikeknight on 1/28/2013 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
For PvE, right now, probably Disc priests and paladins.

For PvP, if you are running out of mana, your team is doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well im convinced now and Ill re roll with druid :) I do find it extremely nice when you put hots on someone then they run out of range. They dont die like any other heal class. As well as just finding out how effective bear spec really is to tank with haha. Thanks for the help buddy :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
paladins are easy they get stunned to death and no instant heals I would much rather fight a pally than a druid healer. pallys I can lockout
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]