Poll: Your Favourite Tanking Class

90 Pandaren Monk
So, my fellow tanks. Which class do you enjoy the most and why?

Currently, monks are by far my favourite. They are incredibly active and engaging and keep me on my toes.

In second place would be Death Knights, and admittedly I've never done any competitive tanking with any other class.

What about you?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Warriors

Charge all day Leap all week
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Monks.

Because Roll everywhere and ALL OF THE CONTROL.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Mage, obviously.
Reply Quote
63 Undead Death Knight
DK's all the way.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Bears, oh my!

Love the new FR. Love the fact you're never waiting on runes/energy/holy power and since they've changed the way rage is used you never go into a fight worried about how you're going to build rage so you can attack and get aggro.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I played Warrior and DK at 85, but I gotta say Monks. Followed closely by Warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladins. No other tanking class is fabulous enough. /hairflip

SJ
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Monk.

Roll.

nuff said.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Death Knight. I've played a bear, warrior, and DK competitively and for sure feel like DK is the most fun. Managing Death Strike and our plethora of CDs has a much more active feeling than that of the other tanks and is therefore more fun for me.

I have not tried monks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Druid.

Bear.

Nufsed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You know... (and sorry for the derail a bit here) but i've seen a couple votes for bear here.

That got me thinking... that with 3 90's i don't think i've ever actually ran with a pug bear tank this expansion. Granted, my warrior is only prot, so that doesn't count, but on my pally and my mage i can think of plenty of monks and dks, a number of paladins and warriors, but... no... no bears spring to memory in 5 mans...

That strikes me as odd honestly. And, strangely enough, makes me want to level my 85 druid lol.

(p.s. personal vote is warrior this expansion so far. I love my pally but i'm loving ret and holy more than prot for whatever reason. Being a ping-pong ball of death on my warrior never gets old :P)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
warrior. Hands down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bear tanks are fine, we have one in our raid group, but they don't have the active mitigation of the other classes. At least that's how it appears to me. I enjoy haste tanking now since we actually have things to do, but I still prefer Ret overall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pally is definitely my favorite. I like pretending I'm Captain America.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Paladins. No other tanking class is fabulous enough. /hairflip

SJ

Ug so terrible they're tanking is, 2 short cds coupled with like 6 longer ones and one that can reset. feels so clunky.

I'll keep my mangle, lac, x, lac, mangle rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mooooonk.

I can roll, I can summon a FSKING LIGHTNING TIGER, I blow the minds of all those people who think we suck when I show them just how immortal I am, I can bubble my raidmates with the sheer power of my fist, and I make rogues cry by taking their gear.

Did I mention LIGHTNING TIGER?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
DK. Sometimes I feel invincible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
DK. I am invincible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/09/2013 03:23 AMPosted by Krinu
DK. I am invincible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]