Poll: Your Favourite Tanking Class

90 Dwarf Death Knight
DK is good but at early levels without death tunes it's somewhat difficult to hold the aggro. Personally i prefer Pallys as healers because of their lack of squishyness. Warriors are decent when played right. Druids should stick to DPS. I've actually seen a disc priest tank when tank left the pug early. Impressive.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
For ethics and looks, warrior.
For playstyle, monk (strangely, tooling with the WeakAuras addon got me liking this one). With paladin a close second.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I'd have to say DKs and Warriors are evenly matched in survivability if the warrior is specced into Second Wind. I'm saying this because me and my friend had a nice little duel outside org. We were both around 435k health. He couldn't drop me under 375k, and I couldn't get him under 140ish.
For playing enjoyment, I have to say, hands down, DK. No greater feeling than not being able to drop under 80% health, summon an army, and a pet, and heal myself whenever i feel.

Never played a monk, but in my experience as a healer, i need to put down monks. Stop stealng my druid's armor :(
Reply Quote
Warrior! Most importantly orc warrior :D

The look is awesome. The feel of tanking is there and god damn, the charge the super duper charge is just the selling point.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Warrior by far. More mobility than a greased up deaf guy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Haven't tried bears yet, but otherwise:

1. Warrior
2. Paladin
3. DK
4. Monk
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Warrior > DK > Bear > Monk > Pally > Lock
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Death Knights are overpowered and you're asking that as a serious question?
Reply Quote
73 Dwarf Warrior
Warrior, followed by a very close second Monk.

I cannot get into playing DKs, Druids, or Paladins.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/09/2013 04:39 AMPosted by Gødforbid
DK. I am invincible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Warriors

Charge all day Leap all week
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/09/2013 03:23 AMPosted by Krinu
DK. I am invincible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You know... (and sorry for the derail a bit here) but i've seen a couple votes for bear here.

That got me thinking... that with 3 90's i don't think i've ever actually ran with a pug bear tank this expansion. Granted, my warrior is only prot, so that doesn't count, but on my pally and my mage i can think of plenty of monks and dks, a number of paladins and warriors, but... no... no bears spring to memory in 5 mans...

That strikes me as odd honestly. And, strangely enough, makes me want to level my 85 druid lol.

(p.s. personal vote is warrior this expansion so far. I love my pally but i'm loving ret and holy more than prot for whatever reason. Being a ping-pong ball of death on my warrior never gets old :P)

You don't see a lot of bears since we really just haven't been updated *looks wise. We're not flashy. Plus everyone who played bear in Cata tried gemming stam and agi and got his !@# kicked.

02/08/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Liquidocelot
Bear tanks are fine, we have one in our raid group, but they don't have the active mitigation of the other classes.

That post gave me cancer.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Hands down, Monks
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I'm loving the monk so much now. I especially love the flexibility of the class, I can switch between tank and dps without changing gear. Did this last night as I joined a raid doing Sha as dps, and then tanked a heroic with some guildmates all in the same gear :).

There are things I enjoy about all classes. I started tanking as a paladin during wrath, and then tried a warrior towards the end of wrath. Warriors were awesome then, sort of like how monks feel now, with lots of buttons to press. Haven't played my warrior much since, so I don't know how they play now.

Then I moved on to a dk in Cata and loved that as they were the active mitigation class in Cata. I guess my thing with tanks is that I really enjoy it and like challenging myself with it, hence why I move from class to class. In Cata dks felt like the biggest challenge, but with MoP dks just felt so damn easy.

The monk now feels like the hardest tank class, at least to me. I haven't really done anything hard, but even in heroics with my gear as it is, if I forget about my active mitigation for a bit I'll find my health down extremely low. It's challenging, but definitely a lot of fun!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Death Knight for me. I tanked pretty heavily on a Warrior/Paladin but when I switched to Death Knight I just loved the idea of tanking with a 2h. I mean, I'll always have a place in my heart for Shields I LOVE THEM its why I have a Shaman ^.^

Just Death Knight for me, I love being able to self sustain myself with Heals and Mitigation while my healers are OOM, or otherwise CC'd etc.

Plus, did I mention 2h's :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladins.

I am my own healer, I have the most utility and best toolset of any tanking class. Ranged caster? /avengers shield. 3 add pat from the left, same deal. Consecrate to become an aggro magnet, supreme aoe. Almost dead, LoH. Rogue tanking something far away? /HoP lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Warrior defiantly most fun..pally I am learning since I play horde more the pally gets more time
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]