PLZ HELP!!! Which healer for 5.2 and why! TY

90 Human Death Knight
Hello, I am extremely eager to get back into WoW and heal in pvp and pve. I know pve is generally all the same so I wont worry about that. Fun with class imo is all about winning and not even trying as to how great the class works with healing.(Example. Every healer I own i've been able to cap conquest points with all blues on a fresh 90.)

So I have a resto druid 90, Disc Priest 88, Resto Shaman 50 and a level 30 Holy paladin. I will tell you how I've liked each class and where I see problems. And if anyone with real healing experience could help me with my ultimate goal of having a OP healer I would be sooo greatful!

I was going to make it long but ill just sum it up on each class :)

DRUID (2 years experiance) - Mana drains more than other classes which is key to why I will never play druid. On top of healing over time seems too weak currently(even with 10% buff I don't think druids have much hope).

Disc Priest (1 year experiance) - Disc priest is what I played last and ABSOLUTELY loved it. Healing someone before they take a hit is OP lol. But come recently since MoP launched my priest was getting stomped in arenas and BGs alike due to mana and the fact that in the talent tree section where you pick what you want to use, The spell where you heal yourself 30% isnt the better of the 3 skills. Also PvE reccomends holy over priest all day. I want my pve to be disc so I gave up on this class for the most part.

Shaman - Level 50 - I really enjoy the shaman and this is my desired class atm as im leveling him unless I decide in the near future to switch. I like alot of things about this class but still not 100% sure since he is supose to run away I cant see him surviving much after being cc'd a few times. If you suggest this class to me please give me something good about this imperticular :)

Paladin - Level 40 - This class seems stale but I can see HUGE potential. This was my 2nd place class after the shaman MAINLY due to its survivablity. But what gave me the deal for the shaman was because 70-80% of all 2v2-3v3 ranked top teams have a resto shaman over a holy paladin. This is where I make this thread for closure.

If anyone can PLEASE PLEASE help me I would appreciate it soo much :D Thanks !!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well the mana issue is when you have to power heal and for some reason druids use more mana to power heal then most other classes it seems. ( i could totaly be wrong just a observation). Could you please abreviate what DA SS is im not familiar with WoW lingo I took a long break :P. Could you tell me compared to other healers why pally is best in situations? That would be huge for helping me understand just why exactly pallys shine over the rest :). I really appreciate you're time btw!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
WoW you're my hero! Thank you very much :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Would you happen to know what a paladin has for damage?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
What spells does a paladin use to do damage and what spells to regen mana. That is all I need to know and im good to go lol :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Once you go monk, you won't go back!

As another note, don't roll FotM healers because they may be strong one patch and horrible the next. That is always the case. Roll what is fun for you, not OP this patch!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/28/2013 03:04 AMPosted by Barthom
divine plea is ur mana regen, as a healer i truly frown on dpsing in most situations. I really wouldn't know how to go about it besides judging

this, if you, i personally use it on cd with it glyphed (as i find a 4-5sec cast easier to manage than a 9 sec healing debuff). as for the dpsing aspect, dont, you will burn through your mana and do more damage than good, however my primary spec is a daily/questing "dps holy" spec and while a tad clunky does dish out decent damage (while letting me use my main gear so i can sit in ques while doing dailies)

Once you go monk, you won't go back!

As another note, don't roll FotM healers because they may be strong one patch and horrible the next. That is always the case. Roll what is fun for you, not OP this patch!

could not agree more with this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]