Domiance/Shieldwall rep question

62 Blood Elf Rogue
Once you hit Revered with factions, the Commendation work for both your Alliance AND Horde toons (which is just freaking amazing - ty Blizzard.)

I am wondering if the Dominance and Shieldwall commendations work the same way, since they are Alliance and Horde speific based reps (the others are not).

In other words, I am hoping to hit revered with Shieldwall, get the commendation, and then hopefully see the increase in rep when I am doing my Dominance grind.

Does anyone know if it works the same way as the non-faction commendation?
Edited by Liandral on 1/28/2013 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue
Once you hit Revered with factions, the Commendation work for both your Alliance AND Horde toons (which is just freaking amazing - ty Blizzard.)

I am wondering if the Dominance and Shieldwall commendations work the same way, since they are Alliance and Horde speific based reps (the others are not).

In other words, I am hoping to hit revered with Shieldwall, get the commendation, and then hopefully see the increase in rep when I am doing my Dominance grind.

Does anyone know if it works the same way as the non-faction commendation?

Doubtful as Horde/Alliance are two separate factions all-together. Doing a faction change would switch it but the commendation I believe would only work for Alliance or Horde.
Reply Quote
Once you buy the commendation from one faction, it gives the double bonus to the other one as well.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
It's account wide, faction unimportant.
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue
01/28/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Zhenogre
It's account wide, faction unimportant.

You guys are missing the point.

Shieldwall and Dominance are SEPARATE reputations.

Meaning the Shieldwall commendation should only work for any Alliance toon on the account. If you get revered with Shieldwall and use the commendation, it should NOT apply to Horde Dominance reputation because it's a completely separate reputation.

GL, Klaxxi, Shado-Pan, etc., are all SHARED by both factions thus the commendations work for both sides.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
You guys are missing the point.

Shieldwall and Dominance are SEPARATE reputations.

But the commendations work for both factions. I.E. you buy the commendation from the Horde and use it, your Alliance characters get the bonus rep with shieldwall along with you horde characters getting the bonus rep from Dominance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yes the bonuses work cross faction. Hit revered and bought the double rep item on my alliance character after which my horde char started received double rep from quests.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Rogue
01/28/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Recna
Yes the bonuses work cross faction. Hit revered and bought the double rep item on my alliance character after which my horde char started received double rep from quests.

Awesome - thanks for that. I was thinking the same as what Vengeance was saying. Glad to hear from someone who actually has done it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I dunno but from Revered to Exalted took like 2 days with the extras from the story quests on this main. Crazy fast.

And now I ran out of reps to grind. fake-QQ =P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]