Full screen to windowed...

90 Human Mage
Full screen to windowed and back again, something I have need to do frequently. Was NOT happy that it no longer saves the size and position of the windowed mode (think that was a 5.0 thing), but I grudgingly got used to it.

Today seemed to dawn a new way to make it even MORE of a pain. NOW it seems each toggle also triggers a FULL UI reload (like /reload)... i.e. it take 30-60 seconds to complete.

So is this a (terrible) design decision, or simply a bug? Is it a Mac thing or does it happen to peecees? AND I guess I should ask if anyone else is seeing this?
Reply Quote
Wow, I came to the forums to report this exact same thing!

I'm pretty sure it happened within the last week or two; maybe since the last hotfix?

I thought it may be my computer settings or maybe something in WoW's — I reset them all, and it still happens.

Everytime I switch from windowed to full screen, and vice versa, it forces a ui reload just like Brightbrown describes.

I'm on a late 2008 Macbook running 10.7.5.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Interesting, I'm on a 10.6.8 MacPro (3.33 Ghz 6-core Xeon) rig... so it looks like it isn't a Snow Leopard thing.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is a known issue and will be updated in the next patch. I believe this is already fixed in the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Ah... I've castigated Blizz many times for being unresponsive, so I seriously appreciate your quick response!

And by "patch" can I assume you mean 5.2?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Correct. If you have time and want to download the PTR to check it out, feel free to do so. There are other goodies to test out in there too, like 64-bit movie recording :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
This is a known issue and will be updated in the next patch. I believe this is already fixed in the PTR.

This was fixed, yes, but...

On 3/31/2013 I noticed the problem is back.

• OS 10.8.3
  • iMac
  • ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB
  • All settings set to fair
  • All addons disabled
  • All three display modes tested in the Graphics tab.

Extremely disappointed. I constantly toggle between full screen and windowed mode. Please don't tell me this is part of a clever April Fool's joke. I die a little each time my screen reloads.
Edited by Nikolaevich on 3/31/2013 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Did you see if re-selecting your resolution resolves the issue?

The only time this should happen is if the game thinks the ratio aspect is changing, which it should not.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
That worked. Thanks so much!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]