I love Mistweaver monks, but...

90 Pandaren Monk
I still reside in the belief that monks are only melee. I have been hit by pinning arrows only because I was standing in the area of a ranged player that it was cast upon. Ranged spells are never cast directly on me whether I am in melee range or standing in the ranged group. I primarily heal out of melee (personal preference) and have never ever received a direct boss spell like resonance, windbomb, etc. I cannot attest for water spout as my progression is not there yet.

Not saying I'm 100% sure on this. I can only speak of my own experiences and form that conclusion. The true answer doesn't really matter too much I suppose as this all just makes my life easier.

Keep the discussions going we have monks in here that know their class.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I've been hit by pinning arrow while completely alone, away from everyone else. Same thing for wind bomb, water spout, arcane resonance, etc.

so. lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I get targeted by Pinning Arrow as well. Not sure if I do if I stand in melee range of the boss, but I'd rather not risk that lol. MWs in melee, however, can definitely avoid some mechanics. I have never gotten hit by Dread Screech, Wind Bomb, Wind Step, or anything else that would've screwed the melee over. More incentive to stand in melee, as you can give your ranged more room, and there's less things to worry about.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
...I'm.. like.. telling you this from extensive testing. What I said is how monks work. rofl
Reply Quote
If any particular teammate needs a fast heal, this is the stupid, easy way to save their life that you should just do and stop whining.

Target player
Channel Soothing Mist
Cast Surging Mist

If you'd rather have it stop channeling and hardcast surging mist on someone else, you could just make a macro for it. I'm not too sharp on what you can do with macros, but if you're savvy with modifier:___, /stopcasting and "Surging Mist", you're probably in the clear.

And you've got other cooldowns for a reason. I'm not a PvE type, but if someone's dropping and I don't have enough time to go through the above, I'll pop LC (I don't have Revival yet). Or cc the thing attacking them, if that's more convenient. I don't care if said person is the tank or the flag carrier or not, I do everything I can to keep everyone alive and I actually really like MW monk so far, its HPally/Rdruid fusion feel is excellent.
Edited by Rokajesh on 2/3/2013 3:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Kaels
But I've never heard of fight mechanics picking targets based on what spec they're currently in.

They've had the ability to do that since at least the crystals on Ultraxion. I can't speak to whether or not they're actually using that capability on this particular encounter, but they certainly have it.

Really? I guess I assumed that anyone could click the healing crystals, but it would be stupid for a non-healer to do it so no one ever did, and that tanks got the buff based on threat level.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/03/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Flintte
Really? I guess I assumed that anyone could click the healing crystals, but it would be stupid for a non-healer to do it so no one ever did, and that tanks got the buff based on threat level.

Yeah, non healers couldn't even click the crystals. Imagine an Arcane Mage with the Kalecgos buff, lol.

I believe they made the tank thing spec specific due to an issue with Feral Druid DPS being mistaken for tanks. It caused CD's like Berserk to be 50% of their normal CD, which was an insane amount of DPS gained.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Qùess

Yeah, non healers couldn't even click the crystals. Imagine an Arcane Mage with the Kalecgos buff, lol.

I believe they made the tank thing spec specific due to an issue with Feral Druid DPS being mistaken for tanks. It caused CD's like Berserk to be 50% of their normal CD, which was an insane amount of DPS gained.

Interesting, I didn't even know that.

I guess I stand corrected.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
02/03/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Flintte

They've had the ability to do that since at least the crystals on Ultraxion. I can't speak to whether or not they're actually using that capability on this particular encounter, but they certainly have it.

Also on that fight, healers did not get the fading light debuff if I recall properly. Although that may have been on normal, I'm not remembering all of the details anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
healers did not get fading light, you are correct.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I love the conversation in this thread, it's given me a lot of insight into how I should be playing MW. Thank you all, so much, for the advice, it's helped immensely. There's already a huge jump in my relative skill and ease in dungeons and LFR. Still waiting to get into Normals, though, so I haven't been able to test my mettle quite yet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
All this said though, Monks boasting about raid healing through Rem and Uplift.. what's your suggestions for pulling this off? My problem is timing, but I wouldn't mind experimenting with this style of mass heals - if a hot can be kept up for ages with little mana usage, it's a sure thing! Personally I love single-target healing tanks and topping everyone else up as they come. Just the Rem/Uplift/TFT rotation still confuses me i.e. after a second run of Rems.. the TFT CD means they will drop off…. hmmmm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]