Merge Ysondre

(Locked)

90 Human Rogue
I think it's well beyond time that we had a server merger. Please chat up your guilds and encourage people to contribute to this thread requesting a server merger for Ysondre. This is, apparently, the most effective way to be heard by the developers.

Until we can force a merge, please check out The Ysondre Collective (TheYsondreCollective.weebly.com). This is an effort to revitalize raiding and rbg's across Ysondre. This is not a recruiting effort, this is an effort to connect people who have the skills and interest in raiding/rbgs with others of a similar skill base to encourage progression across Ysondre.
90 Blood Elf Mage
This is, apparently, the most effective way to be heard by the developers.

Actually, petition threads (like for example "please merge my server") are against the forums ToS.

That being said server mergers are pretty obviously the only solution to devastated servers like Ysondre, and also the last one Blizzard will implement. Years ago I would have said they would never merge servers, as it sends the wrong message to their shareholders, but after seeing that they eventually merged some of the Korean realms together after they could no longer sustain a guild I'm convinced that they will do it, but only when the server is actually dead. i.e. it cannot sustain even one RBG or raid group.
90 Human Warrior
When Sargeras attacks he will bypass this realm when he sees no one, then who will have the last laugh?
90 Worgen Hunter
I cannot throw my support for a server merger. While i wish to see new blood on our server. A merger would allow mega guilds from big servers to swallow up all the "big" guilds on ysondre. And i like my guild the way it is.
90 Tauren Druid
unfortunately ysondre is not dead enough for a merger, there's several other realms way below us, and while it is bad its not bad enough to justify closing a server.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
all the super low servers: |PO|W|ERM|ERG|ERERRr
90 Night Elf Druid
Rofl "petition threads are agaist the rules". Thanks WoW attorney I almost went to general and started a rate my transmog thread. (rolls eyes)
90 Draenei Warrior
02/11/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Felshifter
unfortunately ysondre is not dead enough for a merger, there's several other realms way below us, and while it is bad its not bad enough to justify closing a server.

This.
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/01/2013 03:50 AMPosted by Panthra
Rofl "petition threads are agaist the rules". Thanks WoW attorney I almost went to general and started a rate my transmog thread. (rolls eyes)

When the OP says the "most effective way" to reach developers is a thread against the ToS, he is wrong.

03/02/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Icyunvme

This.

A realm merger is not a closure. In addition I don't really think waiting until the server is literally dead to try and save the playerbase of it is a good idea.
90 Draenei Warrior
03/03/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Mahourai
In addition I don't really think waiting until the server is literally dead to try and save the playerbase of it is a good idea.

Exactly.

Free transfers to Ysondre could help, but I don't know when the last time they offered that and they couldn't offer free transfers to every server as dead as Ysondre.

Best way to solve this problem does seem to be merging servers but...

01/27/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Mahourai
I'm convinced that they will do it, but only when the server is actually dead. i.e. it cannot sustain even one RBG or raid group.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Free transfers aren't going to do anything. If I was extremely cynical I might speculate that offering free transfers to servers like Ysondre is just a cash grab, since the likely result of transferring here for free is a paid transfer off the server shortly after.
90 Draenei Warrior
03/04/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Mahourai
since the likely result of transferring here for free is a paid transfer off the server shortly after.

Lol this is true.
The Order of Things is feeling the pains of a server that is just barely off life-support. Our guild has slowed to no complete raid teams and small groups of pvp/arena teams. I support a realm merge for Ysondre, And my guildies feel the same, we recently lost several guildies who decided paying for transfers was better then continued play on Ysondre many of whom i've played with since BC,Wrath and cata. It was been a depressing week :c, we support a server merge with another low population realm.
90 Blood Elf Mage
It has come to my attention that Blizzard is working on a plan to solve this. I think their solution is very interesting and will work on a temporary basis, staving off realm death for a couple more years.
90 Orc Shaman
It has come to my attention that Blizzard is working on a plan to solve this. I think their solution is very interesting and will work on a temporary basis, staving off realm death for a couple more years.

ugh, i thought you quit...
90 Blood Elf Mage
What is wrong with you loser.
90 Orc Shaman
Because I missed being a loser.

fixed
3 Draenei Shaman

Do tell.
Merge it!!!!

PvP servers without a lot of geared, not terrible, toons, simply cannot function in this era of RBG weighted CP caps. You can't keep up without um and theres not enough good players on Ysondre to do them regularly.

Arena was unplayable after mid season in s12 due to gear disparities that people form ysondre could not keep up with.

Small pop pvp servers DO NOT work since cata as a result of gear progression choices made by game developers
90 Human Rogue
Mahouri, what is this interesting plan from blizz to fix broken servers that you speak of?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]