Paladin questions

100 Orc Warlock
Hi guys!

I'm leveling a retribution paladin and I have some questions. I'm leveling as retribution (lvl 23 so far) since I like being DPS, but I may have an offspec at lvl 90. Don't know which one yet, but I'll figure it out.

First of all, I know I'm only lvl 23. My questions (except the first one) are about lvl 90/raiding. So, let's get to the questions:
1- Do I have to get a shield at any point leveling as retribution? I'm using a 2H axe now.
2- What is best: sword or axe? Or do I choose the one with better stats?
3- Regarding axes... they seem a bit slow (even though the abilities that the paladin has seem strong). Does the weapon speed increases according to haste or other stat?

I guess that's all for now, but if you'd like to share any other tips/advices, this newb paladin would appreciate!

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1- Do I have to get a shield at any point leveling as retribution? I'm using a 2H axe now.
3- Regarding axes... they seem a bit slow (even though the abilities that the paladin has seem strong). Does the weapon speed increases according to haste or other stat?

1. Nope, we're strictly two-handers.
2. Depends on what has the better stats, though you'll also be looking at the actual damage range. Generally, most weapon that have better damage are better than ones that, say, have a bit more Str (though you'll notice this only while levelling, weapon upgrades at 90 are linear enough that the better damage weapons have better stats on them).
3. Slow weapons are okay, even better considering your damage is more based around your instant attacks and not so much your auto-attacks. Weapon speed does increase according to haste, but that isn't the reason you want to stack haste - your Sanctity of Battle passive reduces the cooldown of your abilities based on haste, making it a desirable stat.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi guys!

I'm leveling a retribution paladin and I have some questions. I'm leveling as retribution (lvl 23 so far) since I like being DPS, but I may have an offspec at lvl 90. Don't know which one yet, but I'll figure it out.

First of all, I know I'm only lvl 23. My questions (except the first one) are about lvl 90/raiding. So, let's get to the questions:

I guess that's all for now, but if you'd like to share any other tips/advices, this newb paladin would appreciate!

Thanks in advance!

1- For ret, no. If you want to have a holy or tank offspec, yes.
2- Depending on your race. If you're a a human, sword. If you're a dwarf, mace. Any other race, best stats and highest damage.
3- Haste increases your swing speed, and at a higher level, lowers the cooldown on all of your major holy power generating abilities. Hence, haste is our best stat currently. Haste is good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]