IOOM: But seriously, folks...

100 Human Priest
Sometimes, in attempting to bring you all the funny, I don't take time to explain what our guild is really about, what we're looking for in our applicants, or what we hope to achieve together. This will be that strange, unsettling "one off" from us - a forum post that actually tells you a little bit about our wacky little family. Ready?

The short version: We're an established guild of nice people who like to play WoW. We are looking for more mature, friendly players, some of who are willing to make a commitment to a slow-but-steady raid experience. We'd also be interested in partnering with smaller guilds to get it done. :)

The long version:

<Is Out of Mana> grew originally from a five-person static party that I ran with back in 2007-2008. We had such a great time running 5-man content together that I decided it would be fun to check out some of the 10-man content.

Many people saw our amusing forum recruitment posts and applied to the guild, and found that by and large, we were the real deal - funny, authentic and motivated to have a good time in-game. As all of our original members were parents and/or professionals, WoW wasn't our number one life priority, but it was something we enjoyed doing in our spare time.

Over the course of a year we attracted some real talent, and had some real success on the raiding scene, including organizing a number of server-wide pugs for 25-man content like Gruul and Magtheridon.

In 2009, a number of serious challenges in the real world forced me to suddenly abandon ship. One of the original members, Revena, and Andolen, our long-suffering raid leader, took over guild leadership and pressed on in my absence. Over time, they shaped the guild into a group of people that hewed closely to the original mission of the guild, with an increased emphasis on raiding.

In 2011, my personal crisis abating, I returned to WoW and IOOM. In early 2012, frustrated with poor luck in recruiting like-minded players for the raid effort, Andolen made the decision to move the guild to Whisperwind. I have deep ties here on Runetotem and hated the idea of the guild disappearing from the Runetotem community, as so many other guilds had done in the year or so leading up to the transfer. I was offered, and accepted, the responsibility for maintaining and rebuilding the "shell" guild on Runetotem post transfer.

Many Whisperwind players still have characters on Runetotem and I have a character on Whisperwind. Andolen and I have worked hard to promote positive relations through the split and I'm proud to say that we did a good job. :)

Here on Runetotem, a great many of IOOM's original players came back to help rebuild. Now, several months later, we are a level 25 guild. On paper, we're still a shadow of our former greatness on the server, but the spirit lives on.

We have a number of level 90s who have stretched themselves pretty much as far as they can short of raiding, and I am working to get a raid effort up and going. We've had to pug out a number of slots but have had some good attempts, and good fun, in the process. We've taken down the Stone Guard, which seems very small potatoes, but I'd ask you to take it as a token of our direction and commitment. It's our intent to put together a regular, casual raid team consisting of people who would like a little more challenge and who are willing to commit the effort needed to get it done.

It is also very important to me that IOOM not be just about raiding. I am also interested in finding good people who want to PvP, run scenarios or challenge modes, do joint LFR with the Whisperwind crew, etc. We even want people who'd just like a quiet, low-pressure place to hang out and do their leveling. We have very, very low turnover and I'l like to keep it that way.

I am also interested in pursuing alliances with at least one other small guild to support our raiding effort. Such it was in the early days of IOOM, when we partnered with The Seven Scientists and Shady Grove to get things done. IOOM led these raids, and we were very successful, despite differences in guild culture / focus. If you are the GM of a small guild, drop me a line and let's talk. Maybe we can increase opportunity for all involved.

Right now, we are testing the waters with raid nights alternating on Wednesdays / Saturdays, trying to get a feel for what works for more people. Our raids always begin at 9:30 server time, with invites starting around 9:15. We run no longer than two hours barring a unanimous demand from the group that we go longer. All loot is assigned random roll, primary spec first, with a reserve "wish list" hosted on our website. I am not interested in players who put purple pixels before people. (Sorry if I accidentally spit on you just then!)

I think this covers most of it. If you read all this, thanks! We look forward to seeing you in-game and hope you'll consider applying.

Regards,
Cat
Edited by Caterpillar on 1/27/2013 3:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
When does the movie come out and must it be on the the Lifetime channel?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Un-filmable - sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Nothing is un-filmable. Un-watchable maybe.... See Syfy channel for examples.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hey now, anything with Amanda Tapping in it is immediately hot / watchable. See Stargate / Sanctuary for examples :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sátharon
90 Night Elf Druid
Is Out Of Mana
Hey now, anything with Amanda Tapping in it is immediately hot / watchable. See Stargate / Sanctuary for examples :)

Quoted for truth.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Well, can we get bring her onboard as a consultant of some kind?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/31/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Sátharon

She's amazing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Sorry Cat, I believe she is currently perusing the pearly gates as part of a potentially melificant Angelic Ghestoppo. (Why must they randomly take three week breaks? >_<)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]