Elder Charms of good Fortune = Gold

90 Draenei Shaman
Every time I sacrifice an elder charm i get gold... I thought the point of them was an extra chance at gear, but no such luck for several of my toons. This needs to be looked into I know there are a lot of people who are sick of this too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's basically a bonus for doing dailies. If you think about it, in previous tiers there has been nothing, it was what the boss dropped and that's it, you should be thankful for even a chance, and if you have poor luck, it's gold on top of what you'd normally get.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
extra
CHANCE
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/28/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Yourashaman
Every time I sacrifice an elder charm i get gold... I thought the point of them was an extra chance at gear, but no such luck for several of my toons. This needs to be looked into I know there are a lot of people who are sick of this too.

Extra chance does not mean 100% guaranteed loot drop.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
extraCHANCE
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
You're right, we should just take out this bonus feature that is literally a freebie on top of regular drops out, then everyone would be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
While it is nice to have an extra chance at an item, Blizzard has acknowledged that the extra bag of gold it gives is fairly worthless as a consolation prize. There's a very good reason they themselves refer to it as the "failbag".
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I might have to write a letter to schools to make sure they emphasize what Chance and Random means.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm pretty sure that the coins are not having the effect that Blizz desired. Blizzard wanted people to feel good about their bonus rolls. Instead people feel frustrated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/28/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Whitebunny
I'm pretty sure that the coins are not having the effect that Blizz desired. Blizzard wanted people to feel good about their bonus rolls. Instead people feel frustrated.

Must be because a lot of people don't understand what Bonus roll means.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/28/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Yourashaman
I thought the point of them was an extra chance at gear

It IS the point. Just because you haven't won any doesn't mean it devalues the entire mechanic.

It's essentially a slot machine. You pull the arm and take your chances. You're only guaranteed to not walk away completely empty handed. At worst, you'll get 28g50s. Yes, Bliz thinks this is too small and they're working on an adjustment but the Elder Coins were never designed to guarantee anything.

Your complaint would be like going to a slot machine that allows for 1-5 coin play with 5 different pay lines, dropping in 5 $1 coins then complaining when you didn't win. You had a higher chance than someone who only played one pay line but, at the end of the day, it was still nothing more than a mathematical chance.
Edited by Nydidolyn on 1/28/2013 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I can kinda see what you're saying maybe instead of gold maybe some extra Valours so that it still contributes to you gaining gear, but the gold is just so disappointing to see speaking as someone who has toons with every profession and no need for the extra gold, but hey what do i know i just kill stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
instead of winning extra gold,i might be delighted if instead of gear, i'd get a bag containing 25-50 valor points, to make valor capping easier per week lol (when you start running out of dailies to do whe you're exalted with all these new factions) ;)
Edited by Deadpüppy on 1/29/2013 8:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I went from 2nd week of launch until 3 weeks ago getting nothing but gold every week.
past 3 weeks I have won 4 times on my coin rolls.

it's just how rng works, pretty sure blizzard said somewhere that with the coin roll, you have to roll a 95-100 (obviously not exact number to be rolled, but shows what I'm trying to say)

meaning that each time you roll, you have a 5% chance to win something.

I wouldn't be opposed to coin rolls breaking down like this.

100=a free elder charm+item for your current spec.
94-99= item for your current spec.
84-93= item your class can use, could be for main spec, but random.
64-83= 25-50 valor.
1-63=spirit of harmony, gold, 1-2 stacks of random prof mats or other misc prizes not to be confused with rare mounts etc.
Edited by Salloreon on 1/29/2013 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Idk about 25-50 maybe 10-15.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
A ton of my gear is from those coins. Probably 4-5 pieces, just counting heroic gear.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
01/29/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Awarløck
Idk about 25-50 maybe 10-15.

that is somewhat acceptable
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Why haven't I won the lottery yet... I work hard for the money I spend on tickets and it says right on the front of the scratch card that I have a chance to win 50000$
Reply Quote
30 Draenei Warrior
extra
CHANCE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Elder Charm of Good Fortune = half the gear I'm wearing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]