Framerate issues, debating an upgrade

93 Undead Warlock
Hello all, I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro with a AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1gb of VRAM, 4 GB of RAM, and a 2.2 GHz i7 processor. When running WoW on recommended settings, or even when I tone down the settings, the framerate is at a constant 15-25 fps, 30 if I get lucky. I wanted to know if there is anything I can do to fix this.

I'm thinking about purchasing either 8GB or 16GB of RAM to help the framerate (as this is the only thing I am able to upgrade). I am not sure if increasing my RAM will help with this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Have the same model and can push to 80fps (even tho I cap it at 40fps) on the 15" display and have playable fps when using the LED Cinema Display. You might want to investigate your problem before you upgrade anything.

Also I'm experiencing the 'pulsating' bug (only on that device and not on the other 4 Macs that have installed WoW in my household).
Reply Quote
93 Undead Warlock
How would you recommend investigating it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
- restart in safe mode then restart in normal mode (indexing can cause issues)
- reset SMC
- make sure you have installed smcFanControl and it's rotating at 4-5k/sec while you play WoW
- go into your logs (launch System Information in the Utilities folder) and see if there is any error
- install geekbench (CPU benchmark) and Cinebench (GPU benchmark) to make sure the hardware works
- make sure your settings are low (stuff like fluid effects and shadows *destroys* fps on OSX)
- check in the Activity Monitor/System Memory/Page Outs, a high value might indicate that you need to either launch less applications with WoW or add more memory
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]