Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes - Healer OT

90 Blood Elf Priest
Hey!
Wake up people. I need some eyes and brains for something I am helping a friend with.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dCkdzfGJN27i3XV0u6xKm2GuCElYnU7zDZOYbITavGE/edit?usp=sharing

Can a 5 page paper be gotten out of this with her own ideas and such?

You could turn just about anything into a 5-page paper. I could write a 5-page paper on the relationship between belly button lint and the Enlightenment. The challenge with what you've got there is going to be doing a thorough and effective discussion in less than 6 pages.

I'm guessing from the content that this is a philosophy paper. If so, then there is far, far too much information about the reading and not enough discussion of the student's own ideas. It reads like a book review, and there's enough outside information there to write an entire book. The student needs to focus more narrowly on a specific aspect of the reading (one way in which the writers differ - and not something general like "one's a feminist and one's a theologian," but something specific like "one thinks X and the other thinks Y") and then devote the rest of the paper to analysis and argument.

S/he needs to take a position on an interesting issue and argue it at length and in depth.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/03/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Kungfuwaifu
Time to start rocking useless signatures, because WoL charts matter so much. Sad thing is some people will think it holds water :3

Top logs have never mattered. It is cheese or mistakes. If you are saying that you never use WoL to get better or get ideas then i feel for you.
Hey!
Wake up people. I need some eyes and brains for something I am helping a friend with.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dCkdzfGJN27i3XV0u6xKm2GuCElYnU7zDZOYbITavGE/edit?usp=sharing

You could turn just about anything into a 5-page paper. I could write a 5-page paper on the relationship between belly button lint and the Enlightenment. The challenge with what you've got there is going to be doing a thorough and effective discussion in less than 6 pages.

I'm guessing from the content that this is a philosophy paper. If so, then there is far, far too much information about the reading and not enough discussion of the student's own ideas. It reads like a book review, and there's enough outside information there to write an entire book. The student needs to focus more narrowly on a specific aspect of the reading (one way in which the writers differ - and not something general like "one's a feminist and one's a theologian," but something specific like "one thinks X and the other thinks Y") and then devote the rest of the paper to analysis and argument.

S/he needs to take a position on an interesting issue and argue it at length and in depth.

I'm so out of practice for writing papers that last semester, it took me like 7 hours to write 5 pages for a class. To be fair though, it was on the Tyrone Igneous Complex, and there were exactly 4 sources I had access to on the internet, and they all referenced each other so they all had the same information. That was the worst paper I've ever written.
90 Pandaren Priest
02/04/2013 03:07 AMPosted by Kaels

Well, that's 4 pages of notes, if she can form a common thread and logical link between at least two pages of that, it's an easy 5 pager. Though, I think she particularly had something she could explore in her last full paragraph about the two theorists cherry-picking each other. Not sure how she is supposed to be framing and explaining this topic, but it seems like she has it down and doesn't realize it.
90 Goblin Priest
I make goblins look good.
Gotta love bull!@#$ diagnoses. I get to stay home and watch tv on low volume because I get "auditory migraines".
I wonder if I will ever have achievement points again.
90 Tauren Shaman
lmao Morenn.

You could impress people by showing them you made it to level 90 without getting a single achievement, including any of the Level 10-90 achis.
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/04/2013 04:22 AMPosted by Sadiemay
Time to start rocking useless signatures, because WoL charts matter so much. Sad thing is some people will think it holds water :3

Top logs have never mattered. It is cheese or mistakes. If you are saying that you never use WoL to get better or get ideas then i feel for you.

I know WoL doesn't matter, but some people think it does just like progression.

- Top NA MW on 10H Garalon; I know what I'm talking about. #BasedMonk #Srzbznz #WoLMatters
02/04/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Taymatt
You could impress people by showing them you made it to level 90 without getting a single achievement, including any of the Level 10-90 achis.

I am just *that* pro. :P What's weird though is I have transferred several characters over the years and I don't recall it ever doing this.. at least for this long. The only thing I can think of is it is taking longer to update itself because I ninjaed (/cough Riot) the name from a level 20 something Paladin.
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/04/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Kerias
Well, that's 4 pages of notes, if she can form a common thread and logical link between at least two pages of that, it's an easy 5 pager. Though, I think she particularly had something she could explore in her last full paragraph about the two theorists cherry-picking each other. Not sure how she is supposed to be framing and explaining this topic, but it seems like she has it down and doesn't realize it.

Ummm those are my notes not hers. :P
And the paper is for my best friend's literary research methods class.

The point of the assignment was to do a comparative essay with two critical essays about the same literary work (the literary work in question being Rasselas)
Edited by Winnifred on 2/4/2013 11:13 AM PST
90 Tauren Priest
*pops in and does a little jig, then pops out again*
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/04/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Morenn

I am just *that* pro. :P What's weird though is I have transferred several characters over the years and I don't recall it ever doing this.. at least for this long. The only thing I can think of is it is taking longer to update itself because I ninjaed (/cough Riot) the name from a level 20 something Paladin.

I think the achievement points show for my priest and I took the name from someone too >D I think it only took a day or so for them to show? I don't remember :3

- vero
I think the achievement points show for my priest and I took the name from someone too >D I think it only took a day or so for them to show? I don't remember :3

- vero

I transferred Friday morning though! Maybe I am just a ghost....

oooOOOooo
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/04/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Milkmesoftly

*Life Grips*
90 Night Elf Priest
02/04/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Buffyria

*Life Grips*

*flails!*

OHGODNOOOOOOO
90 Blood Elf Priest
A Night Elf! Quick, throw cheeseburgers at the hippy!
90 Tauren Shaman
You know, the one who likes like a hippy now is Thrall. It was ever since he came back from Nagrand as not-Warchief, wearing that robe. Back when we were constantly having to help him out in Dragon Soul, our spriest always said he expected Thrall to try and sell us weed.
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/02/04/171073768/sandwich-monday-grilled-cheese-with-mac-n-cheese

That looks awful. Where can I get one?
90 Tauren Priest
02/04/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Buffyria
A Night Elf! Quick, throw cheeseburgers at the hippy!

Wait...burgers come from...

D:
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]