Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes - Healer OT

90 Blood Elf Priest
*headdesk* AND IT STARTS UP AGAIN...

"Who will be the best healer next patch." Good god.
90 Blood Elf Monk
derailed
90 Tauren Druid
02/05/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Fistlobster
Whoops, rolled a druid. Any tips that I might need as I level up?

Jumping around while casting instants is fun! You can pick up almost all quest items in flight form!

Um, what sort of tips?
90 Blood Elf Priest

All non-Druid herbalists will hate you.

Also, you will know the true caliber of your tanks, as your HoTs will pull aggro like no one's business.
90 Night Elf Hunter

Yes, serious leveling boredom relief from running through bgs flicking out hots and leading angry dps without their full cc kit on a chase like the Pied Piper listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7tJvf_An8w is really really amusing.

And when they think they have almost caught you:
/shadowmeld, catform, prowl and watch them go mad trying to figure out where you are.

And make sure to keep this page open to catch all the HEALER IS OP QQ!
90 Blood Elf Priest

You're required to be an herbalist under the Cenarion Union bylaws. At least until/unless you decide to start srs bsns raiding.

Questing as Balance sucks. Unless you're a fan of cast times measured in decades. Possibly centuries. Assuming you're not, get some Agi gear and learn to cat. Or bear. Even bear is better than boomkin. Worst. Spec. Ever.

For healers with HoTs and shields, the first 30-50 levels consist of "/cast HoT; /afk sandwich; repeat." Don't get complacent. Or discouraged. Eventually, your Rejuv ticks will actually be smaller than the tank's health pool.

Get in the habit of monitoring your Lifebloom and keeping it up. Don't get used to using the bloom heal. That's not really done at max level.

If you find, after some practice, that you hate babysitting Lifebloom constantly and healing AoE damage with single-target HoTs, druids probably aren't for you. (This is on the list of things I wish I'd figured out sooner.)
02/06/2013 03:17 AMPosted by Kaels
Questing as Balance sucks. Unless you're a fan of cast times measured in decades. Possibly centuries. Assuming you're not, get some Agi gear and learn to cat. Or bear. Even bear is better than boomkin. Worst. Spec. Ever.

This made me laugh because I rolled a Tauren Druid a few days ago (level 20 something now I think) and I noticed that although she is specced Resto (duh!) and as such is wearing Int gear... switching to cat form kills stuff faster than Balance spells.
Edited by Morenn on 2/6/2013 4:38 AM PST
90 Goblin Shaman
Oh yeah, while I am at it.. checking for achievement point mysteries....

edit: ok this one has none either. :P
Edited by Seryan on 2/6/2013 4:40 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
02/06/2013 04:38 AMPosted by Morenn
This made me laugh because I rolled a Tauren Druid a few days ago (level 20 something now I think) and I noticed that although she is specced Resto (duh!) and as such is wearing Int gear... switching to cat form kills stuff faster than Balance spells.

It is a passive called Killer Instinct that automatically converts Int to Agi.

Resto-kitty is 4 fite.
It is a passive called Killer Instinct that automatically converts Int to Agi.

Resto-kitty is 4 fite.

Aha that would explain it then! I will keep on kitty clawing things to death!

edit: Actually I don't even have this passive yet... only level 29... Boomie is just that bad.
Edited by Morenn on 2/6/2013 8:42 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was just dpsing in Heroic Temple of the Jade Serpent, and Je'lyu, Spirit of the Serpentdrops.

I roll need on it, as does the Holy Pally. I win it. Should I feel bad?
02/06/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Buffyria
Should I feel bad?

No.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Stalker!

I have such a conscience.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was just dpsing in Heroic Temple of the Jade Serpent, and Je'lyu, Spirit of the Serpentdrops.

I roll need on it, as does the Holy Pally. I win it. Should I feel bad?

Asking this question implies that you already know the answer.

Riôt
IRC diededededed.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I really wanted the mace. : /
90 Worgen Priest
02/06/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Buffyria
I really wanted the mace. : /

Lol, I'd be pissed if I was the holy pally. Such is life, and I have always expected that if an epic dropped, some self-absorbed dps would take it. Err... no offense. :p
90 Blood Elf Mage
Did any of you write up a post about heroic Stone Guard?
02/06/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Fluffychoo
Lol, I'd be pissed if I was the holy pally. Such is life, and I have always expected that if an epic dropped, some self-absorbed dps would take it. Err... no offense. :p

I have to ask.. since Priests benefit from Spirit, regardless of spec, why would it be self-absorbed for him to want it as shadow, but not self-absorbed for me (for example) to want it as disc?
Edited by Morenn on 2/6/2013 10:12 AM PST
90 Human Priest
02/06/2013 03:17 AMPosted by Kaels
Questing as Balance sucks

QFE. I tried it once at lvl 55 or so. T_T
I found resto druid really fun, mine will probably be my next capped healer.

@buffy: I would just be mad that I lost the roll. Assuming you were shadow, it's fair game. If it was, say a warlock that rolled need over me, I'd punch a hole in the wall -_-
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]